Buyer Leaving negative feedback with good reason.

I recently bought a big 20cm Judge Vista sauce .in used condition and the description stated there was no damage only a few small superficial marks from use, it was priced at about 3-Quarters of the cost of a brand new one exactly the same. The pan I received had 5 dents in it and was noticed straight away when the box was opened. Although I managed to get my money back I still lost out on the cost of packaging materials, the cost of petrol going to the post office to post it back and the cost of precious time spent doing this. I am unhappy about this especially because the ebay system will not let me leave Negative FB and I cannot understand this as it allows sellers to abuse buyers especially those who list hundreds if not thousands of (second hand items a lot of which is over priced junck) up for sale. If I cannot leave truthful FB for the items I buy then maybe I should give up and forget alltogether about FB.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

You can leave a negative feedback for a seller but you have to stay within feedback rules.  That is, you must not mention a refund a case or any eBay intervention, that's a case for the sller to ask eBay to remove the feedback.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

This sounds like a clasdsic and valid Not As Described case. He described the slight indications of wear which a buyer nusr acceot ib a used item (unless the seller adds somethig like "mint"), but you got something worse, and very likely functional dfects, which aren't permitted.

You will win, and he will be made to pay return ostage, plus his own petrol. ebay have no means og giving you more thasn your ibitial payment. But he won't like it.

I believe it is for top-rated sekkers that ebay permit negative feedback only after a week has passed, restrictions or removals of feedback aren't just a matterb of rude words or the seller's desserts. Making you go througe an ebay case deserves criticisn, But tou aren't allowed to mention a case or action by any official body.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: