Tracking not updating

Is there an issue with tracking not updating? I had an INR today which ebay said wasn't delivered.

I almost gave a refund but when I checked Royal Mail tracking the item was showing as delivered.  It was delivered on the 6th so I would have expected the ebay tracking to update by now.

I do have orders showing as delivered so it not impacting every order

Checking a few others I can see I have other orders which are delivered but ebay is showing as not delivered.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Tracking not updating

Yes, some of mine seem to be taking 24 hours to update as delivered.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Tracking not updating

I've experienced this quite a few times and like you I've almost refunded. I have raised this with eBay but as it seems to be intermittent they say there's not much they can do  luckily once I'd given the buyer the tracking number they found the parcel   I don't know if it affects any other courier but it does seem to be an issue with Royal Mail 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Tracking not updating

Sometimes eBay can be contributing to the problem here.

People who buy from Amazon, or use other couriers, may expect an immediate notification as soon as any item is received.  When they get home from work they can then ask their family/neighbours "Have you got the parcel that was delivered this afternoon?"  

If they don't get a notification - or if the eBay tracking says "this parcel has not yet been delivered",  they don't ask (or look in the recycling bins/porch/hedge), because it doesn't occur to them.  No notification, so it can't have been delivered.

Of course, there are also a few people who know perfectly well it's been delivered, but think it's worth trying it on anyway.

If eBay updated their systems more often, it would be less of a problem all round.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: