Brilliant excuse from Royal Mail LOL!

Hi Guys, 

Sold a low value item to a lady and shipped it Royal Mail. 

Tracking showed delivered however customer says not received. 
Looked a GPS scan and it seems it was mis-delivered to no.47 (customer lived at no.27) 

Customer wasn't happy to go and retrieve it so i called Royal Mail. 
I suggested the postie that mis-delivered it could maybe go retrieve it and deliver it correctly. 

I was told that wasn't possible as it is within 50metres of the reciepients address and therefore an 'acceptable distance'

WOW! i didn't realise posties could just dump all our mail in a pile 50metres away from the intended destination.... new one on me! 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

That's So Bad !

Is the item still at No. 47 or now sitting in RM's Sorting Office?  If the latter surely the choice to redeliver is still an option.

One can understand the customer's frustration, but this none of your failings in this transaction.  

Hopefully,   if still at 47,   your customer can trot down and retrieve it ?

Can you imagine if it was a Rolex or a Tiffany bracelet!  Could take some prising from No.47 !

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

If I was the buyer (and there are a few addresses near to me that I'd prefer not to approach to tell them my parcel had been delivered to their address), I'd talk to my postie and show them the GPS evidence.  They're more likely to get the parcel back than I am.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Really?? I would just go knock on the door and ask. *Shrug*

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

I'd just go round and ask, as well.  It depends where you live - and how mobile you are - I suppose.  

If you live in a street of drug dens, brothels and thugs, then getting out your Zimmer and umbrella and swanning off up the hill might be less than attractive.

Or if you've had a run-in with the neighbours in the past...

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: