Royal Mail.......lost items!!!!!

Hi, has anyone noticed an increase in UK Royal Mail packages going "missing" recently. In the last 2 days I have had 3 different buyers claiming item has not arrived. One looks genuine as it is Recorded Delivery which has not arrived. The other 2 are fairly low value First Class items and of course I have no way of knowing if  this is genuine or not.

Prior to this (I have "lost" a few international parcels) but only 1 UK parcel last year went astray and never turned up.

Anyone else having problems with this?

Message 1 of 1,017
See Most Recent
1,016 REPLIES 1,016

@iqraenterpriselimited wrote:
@samslocker

We have lot of issues with large letters we send as they are low value items so can't be tracked.

When we have issues with large letter items we have contacted RM but they have just told us whether the item has been delivered or not.

How do you get confirmation of delivery for large letter items as RM have bluntly told us they can't send delivery confirmations for large letters?

You could always take all large letters to post office and demand proof of postage (As in Royal Mail terms)

Message 701 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I have just received neutral feedback for “unnecessarily” sending a £130 item signed for because they weren’t in when the postman called and they had to arrange redelivery.
Message 702 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@veloduocycles wrote:
I have just received neutral feedback for “unnecessarily” sending a £130 item signed for because they weren’t in when the postman called and they had to arrange redelivery.

lol that sucks I think it was griff on ebay radio once said treat them as eBay battle medals

Message 703 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Unbelievable!!

reckon you can get that removed though.

Message 704 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Spot on responce hopefully wont encourage an eBay feedback snowball 🙂

Message 705 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@maisuk-2016

We use RM's DMO system and there is the certificate of posting on it but no delivery confirmations for large letters.
Message 706 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Its just a case of claiming and insisting on fair amount perhaps then RM will put pressuer on eBay to sort it out

Message 707 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes we are on it that situation, we all have been for years....

Now RMG customer services (via the phone) are a complete waste of time, they have you on a PREMIUM RATE telephone number for a start.

It is 2017 who needs to use a that anyway. The only thing that gets these types moving is "social media".....we have thread running with RMG we simply attach an image of the packet/Largeletter we send (for years we scan and copy every single eBay item), so far they have been good they have confirmed the exact time and date any large letter has been delivered.

Takes them anything from 2 hours to 24 to get back in touch. You have to have barcode ready mail. Seen our own postman scan large letters in front of my face they do it. 

As I said it is time they got this rolled out on everything now, enough is enough we were told everything 2d barcode was going have delivery confirmation.

Still with eBay however get anything of value with a SIGNATURE...and charge for that in the price.....

Message 708 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I would try and get this removed by eBay. Surely they wouldn't expect you to send an expensive item without tracking of some sort.

Message 709 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@samslocker

Where do you give the barcode for large letters to RM receive delivery confirmation?
Message 710 of 1,017
See Most Recent

They are on the 2d labels, they all have them, we jus send them a packshot (photo) of the packet with the label on. 

Message 711 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Oh ok. Do they then send you a delivery confirmation of just tell you if it's been delivered?
Message 712 of 1,017
See Most Recent

We had a INR and the tracking revealed 'delivered to address or neighbour', no card left by postie, no item left with any neighbours (or so thy said)  Checked tracking on an item that had been delivered and received direct to address yet tracking made the same statement re neighbour.  So is this the new system that you release items into RM hands and they will deliverwhere they see fit ? and as tracking says its delivered you cannot claim for non receipt!

Not everyone gets on with their neighbours, with some it can be WW3. Surely if RM leave a parcel elsewhere they should leave a card stating where even with the neighbours signature on the card how hard is that?

Compensation is only entertained when signed for so given there is zero confidence in items going to correct adddress they should cease the unsigned service and make everything signed for.....That should result in a postie outcry and maybe we get the service back we expect.

Like it or not buyers will have to pay for the extra service of trying to get average priced items to their door.

Message 713 of 1,017
See Most Recent

I have had that - delivered to address or a neighour, not signiture and no furthr information, not good enough. I wonder why they are fighting this, just deliver the parcel, get a signature! that is all we want them to do. My son is a courier and he has to take photos of everything, the neighbour, safe place etc

Message 714 of 1,017
See Most Recent

we have had that where an item is delivered to a block of flats. A neighbours signed for it with an undecipherable signature. No name was taken or address of the recipient. So the postie hand it to some random person and it is considered delivered. I asked RM why they didnt take a name and they just blurted "Data Protection". Every other courier take your name.

Message 715 of 1,017
See Most Recent

They really don't know what excuse to use next! they seem determined to carry on with this chaos! like you say every other courier company do this they seem to have worked out that all we want them to do is what they are paid to do - deliver a parcel and prove it! What is so hard about that?

Message 716 of 1,017
See Most Recent

What really annoys us is where they lose a parcel they still don't pay out when you make a claim.

If the buyer doesn't respond then they don't pay out. Even though the tracking information does not show item being delivered. Great way out for this type of company.
Message 717 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Another good one today. Item sent signed for. Customer not in. Card left. Customer doesn't bother to collect it. Customer apologises and asks us to send again. RM don't return the undelivered item. CS find against us.

Wonderful!

Message 718 of 1,017
See Most Recent

@veloduocycles, have you uploaded tracking to the case ? Have you called CS to ask them to close case in your favour as buyer can't refuse to collect ?
Message 719 of 1,017
See Most Recent

Yes i sent full tracking history. I will call CS tomorrow and try to resolve.

Message 720 of 1,017
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: