Parcel shop drop off sizes for Yodel issue

I've just dropped off some parcels at my Morrisons local and they have been told by their Yodel collection driver that they can't accept large parcels any more
I asked her to explain how big a larger parcel was and she said that one that was like a large shoe box was about as big as they could take.

I asked her to find out the dimensions of the largest they could accept and where it come from.

Apparently it is the manager at the Yodel depot that has fed it downstream through the collection driver, as they are complaining they can't make any money out of it (welcome to the club)
She said that we should be told that we could still use Yodel, but we have to sort a collection instead and shouldn't be more than about a fiver a time to have them collected.

Had an issue last week where they were told me no more than 2 large parcels a day, but they didn't know if that was 2 total for the shop or 2 per customer. They are now saying no large parcels at all??

This is when we are buying labels through Packlink integrated into eBay.

Anyone else has this issue yet?

anita@ebay 
marco@ebay 
katie@ebay 
dave@ebay 

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Parcel shop drop off sizes for Yodel issue

Hi

Hi

I mentioned this today on the weekly chat and the post got removed as I was only allowed to ask one question?

My local shop will accept the Yodel parcels that are 120cm as the Yodel driver will take them.  However, I tried to drop off a parcel at Morrisons daily shop and they refused.   

As everyone has already mentioned the measurements on ebay packlink are different to the ones the shops are being told by Yodel.

I am going to mention this when I go to the roadshow and also the EDD'S.

Best wishes 

Message 21 of 26
See Most Recent

@lincolnshiremarine wrote:

Hi

Hi

I mentioned this today on the weekly chat and the post got removed as I was only allowed to ask one question?

My local shop will accept the Yodel parcels that are 120cm as the Yodel driver will take them.  However, I tried to drop off a parcel at Morrisons daily shop and they refused.   

As everyone has already mentioned the measurements on ebay packlink are different to the ones the shops are being told by Yodel.

I am going to mention this when I go to the roadshow and also the EDD'S.

Best wishes 

Same thing happened to me
eBay and/or Packlink need to update their shipping services so they do tell you the maximum sizes permitted that match what the courier says.
Right now the size Packlink sell you and say you can send is different to the size Yodel say they will take.

Tis ridiculous that I have highlighted this in the weekly chats and even made a thread about it, yet it remains the same...

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 22 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi, I was just told the same thing dropping off two eBay parcels at Sawston Co-op Yodel collection point. I paid for postage via eBay. The shop took thr parcels from me in the end but they've asked me to come back tomorrow because thry expect thr driver to refuse them. They are just over a metre but well under 120cm which was the length I paid for via eBay. 

Message 23 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi

I reported this issue to ebay at the Leicester ebay roadshow and I have reported this to the shipping team too.  I will let you know how I get on with regards this.  On the Yodel website it states parcel can not be any larger than 60x50x50, yet on the ebay packlink for Yodel it is 120x50x50.

We had to drop a parcel off the other day and not at the local shop we normally use, the shop refused to take it, so we had to drive back to our normal shop to take it, this was Yodel.  

Best wishes

Message 24 of 26
See Most Recent

How did you post it at the end?

Message 25 of 26
See Most Recent

I have exactly the same issue, the local Yodel store refuse to take the pacel. It is 117cm*10cm*10cm.

What can I do. The other options are way too expensive ...

Message 26 of 26
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: