New feedback policy - ebay is acting against the sellers even when buyer is openly lying.

Hi,   Buyer openned INR case saying that the item didn't turned up, as "customer is always right" we offered option of shipping the order again, or full refund.  Buyer opted for this first option, so we shipped the order again.  On the very same day when we shipped the replacement the original order delayed by RM was delivered (tracking showing exact delivery location which matching buyers house).  Two days later replacement was also delivered (fully tracked delivery).  Ebay closed INR case in our favour, but buyer decided to leave negative feedback saying that neither original order turned up and that the replacement didn't turned up.  We requested feedback removal providing the tracking numbers confirming delivery to buyers address and screenshots from RM C&D showing that order was shipped on the very same day and also based on the fact that ebay closed the INR case in our favour, but ebay declined feedback removal saying that feedback is buyers opinion.  So even if you provide plenty of evidence that buyer is clearly lying and abusing the platform, you can forget it, ebay will not remove the negative feedback.  I spoke with the CS and even they was saying that this new policy is unfair for the sellers and buyer can put any false information against the saller in the feedback and they will not remove it.  After 7 years trading on ebay and paying thousends in fees, they will treat good honest seller like don't really care to put it mildly.  Does anybody else had similar experience recently ?

Message 1 of 60
See Most Recent
59 REPLIES 59

New feedback policy - ebay is acting against the sellers even when buyer is openly lying.

Not recently, but a couple of years ago I sold an item, The buyer messaged me asking too cancel the order so I did, Next day they left negative feedback along the lines of not happy seller cancelled my order, sent eBay the message the buyer sent asking to cancel and asked them to remove as it wasnt fair, but they wouldn't remove the feedback. Personally I think they should scrap feedback and replace with product reviews as when I look for items I only scroll through feedback to see if there's any on the item I want to buy, 

Message 2 of 60
See Most Recent

Feedback relies on honesty and sadly not everyone is honest.

Ebay do sometimes remove negs. I had one removed a few years ago despite not asking for it to be removed.

Ebay sometimes remove a neg from previously good sellers.

I also believe power sellers sometimes get negs removed too.

Message 3 of 60
See Most Recent

Yes I feel your pain, I had a business seller purchase some zip seal bags he open a case stating they were not as described, he stated they smelt of earth, these are bags that come in boxes of a thousand and then in individual bags of 100 they are food safe bags, when I received them back there was nothing wrong with the bags at all, and looking through his purchased items I find out he has purchased some from my supplier and opened up a case for item not as described I photographed the box showing the 5 bags inside but eBay made me pay to return them. 

Yes, I have had similar experiences here on eBay and they all tend to be brushed under the carpet!!!

Message 4 of 60
See Most Recent

@postpack wrote:

Hi,   Buyer openned INR case saying that the item didn't turned up, as "customer is always right" we offered option of shipping the order again, or full refund.  Buyer opted for this first option, so we shipped the order again.  On the very same day when we shipped the replacement the original order delayed by RM was delivered (tracking showing exact delivery location which matching buyers house).  Two days later replacement was also delivered (fully tracked delivery).  Ebay closed INR case in our favour, but buyer decided to leave negative feedback saying that neither original order turned up and that the replacement didn't turned up.  We requested feedback removal providing the tracking numbers confirming delivery to buyers address and screenshots from RM C&D showing that order was shipped on the very same day and also based on the fact that ebay closed the INR case in our favour, but ebay declined feedback removal saying that feedback is buyers opinion.  So even if you provide plenty of evidence that buyer is clearly lying and abusing the platform, you can forget it, ebay will not remove the negative feedback.  I spoke with the CS and even they was saying that this new policy is unfair for the sellers and buyer can put any false information against the saller in the feedback and they will not remove it.  After 7 years trading on ebay and paying thousends in fees, they will treat good honest seller like don't really care to put it mildly.  Does anybody else had similar experience recently ?

The true sign of  good seller is how they REPLY to the negative feedback they receive. There is NOT one seller who will not eventually receive negative feedback. Give a truthful factual reply to the negative and move on.

Buyers want to see the professional face of a business / seller when things do go wrong, regardless of whether a buyer is lying or not!

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 5 of 60
See Most Recent

Same here, buyer left NGF for item not received when tracking shows delivered. Buyer purchased Tues midnight, order dispatched the next day via RM48 C&D then delivered on Sat. The case was decided in our favor but as of NGF just like you said CS also said it's a buyer's opinion so they can't remove it.   

I have other similar closed cases without refund to the buyer but NGF left still remains unlike before where it's automatically removed when case is won. Now, only CS advice is to communicate with the buyer but how can it be sorted if buyer is not willing to resolve? This new feedback policy removal is simply frustrating and it can be misused making it difficult for sellers. 
Message 6 of 60
See Most Recent

Hi,

I think your negative feedbacks are down to a change in the way that people are now thinking. There is absolutely no doubt that attitudes & the rush to feel aggrieved are a new modern phenomena, & far more people also seem less likely to give any thought as to how their actions can impact others. What kind of person leaves a long rambling esclamation & a negative feedback over a £2 purchase after having received 2 of the item? I would actually pity the people that have to put up with this charmer.

Who ever you spoke to in eBay has made a mistake, if tracking shows delivered within the time frame then the feedback should be removed, for this has nothing to do with a buyers opinion, also, to any sellers who receive negative feedback after a buyer was not home, & this also seems to be a growing issue on ebay, if the tracking shows there was a failed delivery for buyer was not home then eBay are obliged to remove the feedback.

Message 7 of 60
See Most Recent

Yes I have had this recently with late delivery marks. Basically computer says no. Very frustrating. It seems to be pot luck with buyers nowadays. If you get a buyer who decides not to tell the truth eBay gives them a pat on the back and the seller a kick in the teeth. I actually had a CS rep telling me. I should be more careful. His exact words  when in fact I had done everything right but the eBay bots hadn't checked the tracking. The Royal Mail website clearly showed item delivered but when I uploaded tracking the status hadn't changed. I sent eBay a screenshot of the RM website but they were just not interested 

Message 8 of 60
See Most Recent

I just had a Non Delivery case opened yeaterday. Upon checking the buyers feedback (left for buyers) I can see that they have left almost 200 negatives (no positives) with the vast majority of them mentioning 'Item not received'.  As the purchase price was £6.00 I sent it standard 2nd class post purchased via eBay and I received a post office posting receipt. As we all know standard 2nd class letter or large letter does give a tracking number but they are not tracked by Royal Mail. I contacted CS this morning (in a foreign land) to state my case that this buyer was at their work as can be seen by reading their feedback only to be informed that as the item was not tracked I would have to refund the payment, I asked to speak to a supervisior and was put on hold for several minutes but she then came back and said that I had to refund the buyer. I will wait a couple of hours and contact CS again hope not to get the same advisor. I would prefer to contact eBay in Ireland as they were always mor accommodating towards the seller.

Message 9 of 60
See Most Recent

Well guess what happened today then. Buyer opened INR case on the 8th Feb, So of course I added the tracking details which shows the item was delivered on time. Case closes with no refund to buyer as expected. The buyer has now appealed it somehow over a month later and today Ebay reversed the outcome and have refunded on our behalf?! Not out of their own pockets - OURS!

What on earth? I have tried to appeal it yet again and was just told " The decision is final "

It's only £12.00 but that's not the point! Never have I ever seen this happen before. Thanks Ebay! 🙄

Message 10 of 60
See Most Recent

This is the first time i have heard this happening, were there any specific reasons Ebay refunding? 

Problem is not the low value item but the principle

regards

Dave

Message 11 of 60
See Most Recent

luck of the draw if you get through to Ireland, if so you have a chance, your buyer needs removing from Ebay, a little common sense is needed, not just reading off a script,  good luck

Message 12 of 60
See Most Recent

There is no new feedback removal policy. The business seller protection page pertaining to the ebay MBG still clearly states that when a case is closed in seller's favour, any feedback or defects will be removed. All aggrieved parties above should contact the community team via the weekly chat tomorrow at 2pm and state your case.

It's true that we can all expect negatives at some point no matter how good your customer service, but negs in the cases described above should not be accepted because the algorithm repsonsible for search result placement very likely takes negative feedback into account.

Message 13 of 60
See Most Recent

It's the first time I've seen that happen also, I was quite shocked!

This was the message yesterday

"The buyer asked us to review this case again. After our review, we decided in their favour.

We refunded the buyer for their purchase and deducted this amount from your total funds. For more information on how you were charged, see the case details."

Went into the case and under more details it stated " You agreed to give your buyer a refund and didn't issue it "

I absolutely did not agree to refund the buyer, I just added tracking details which confirmed delivery and this also updated on the case which shows " Item Delivered"

Original case closed on 8th March and reopened 26th March. 

So I am none the wiser really! Ebay have confirmed themselves on the case that it was delivered, So I have no idea how they have managed to wangle a refund! I am going to try again today. As you say it's the priniciple!

I don't know if it's a bit glitchy at the moment ( Shock Horror! ) as I had a case close again today with a refund to buyer with confirmed tracking, Appealed it and managed to get the decision reversed.

Seems to be luck of the draw which it shouldn't be!

Message 14 of 60
See Most Recent

Update - Mananged to get a refund today! Wohooo! 🙂 They just said the case shouldn't have been reopened and shouldn't have been refunded. So another Ebay mystery as to why that happened in the first place.

But all sorted now so I'm pleased 🙂

Message 15 of 60
See Most Recent

It's worth noting that, officially at least, business seller protection against INR cases doesn't apply if you upload tracking AFTER the estimated delivery date.

Message 16 of 60
See Most Recent

Hi if you put the digits in on the large letter, postie should scan the box which reveals a GPS which hovers over buyers house. I've won a few cases for INR cases 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 17 of 60
See Most Recent

Should have gone to eBay for business on Facebook and messaged them there. Very quick to come back and sort it out or askebay on Twitter 

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 18 of 60
See Most Recent

That's where I go whenever I have problem - great CS via Ebay for business on Facebook.

Message 19 of 60
See Most Recent

That's great advice thank you! Never thought to do that before, I will next time I have an issue ( There will always be a next time! Lol ) 😁

Message 20 of 60
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: