£10.00 MONTHLY VOUCHER AS A BUSINESS SELLER

Hi

I have never used any of them as they all state that you HAVE to use PayPal. 

This is forcing a Ebay seller to go through Ebay.

I do not like been only given one choice. That is totally wrong.

What if I said to the powers in Ebay that they only have one choice!

Ebay sort yourself out and become a fair company regarding your so called vouchers to help business sellers

Message 1 of 23
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I purchase ALL my packing suppliers in Cardiff. Special
rates for trade.
I pay only £1.00 for a roll of fragile, sellotape etc 30 in a box =£30.00

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 23
See Most Recent
22 REPLIES 22

I don't like the fact that you have to use eBay packaging materials but I'd rather use it than not. I buy the tape and that usually means I don't have to purchase tape apart from fragile   It normally costs £2.19 but that's cheaper than buying 3 rolls of tape. It used to be 6 rolls so they are reducing the value of it but that's eBay for you 

Message 2 of 23
See Most Recent

I purchase ALL my packing suppliers in Cardiff. Special
rates for trade.
I pay only £1.00 for a roll of fragile, sellotape etc 30 in a box =£30.00

Message 3 of 23
See Most Recent

As @vintagechinashop better to use it

Many feel the same as you but its not changed in the many years its been around,

Use with minimum cost to your advantage or perhaps use with minimum cost to you and donate to a local charity who can use it. Packaging is not cheap.

Is it better its used or a gain for Ebay or its packaging supplier? Not sure who would benefit if you dont use it, maybe others know

Message 4 of 23
See Most Recent

Alot of Ebay sellers are moving over to Vinted that I have been speaking to
For lots of reason but the main one-

No charges on sales at all.
Message 5 of 23
See Most Recent

The prices are a joke, I just use it to get the cheapest thing thats under £10 and then give ti away when I have a few of them. I'd rather somebody has use of it rather than eBay getting away with claiming its a benefit of having a store. The price increases for a less quality item and the shocking service they offer would have had the account closed many times if it wasnt linked to eBay though.

Message 6 of 23
See Most Recent

Well, I'm old fashioned.  Anything that saves on business expenses means more profit.

And I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

The option is there to use bank account, debit card, credit card or PayPal.    I use PayPal but wouldn't fret much about any option.

600 padded envelopes a year, and we use heaps more than that, for just over a tenner, and your fussing about payments?

Message 7 of 23
See Most Recent

There are far better suppliers with far better prices & products than I
have seen through Ebay.

I go through over a 1000 boxes a month and use alot of packing materials.

The must use PayPal in using the so called voucher is wrong in my opinion.

If it is so good. Why doesn't Ebay let you gift it to charity etc
Message 8 of 23
See Most Recent

I use mine every month and I pay by the credit card I have on file with eBay. I'm pretty sure the PayPal requirement stated has just not been updated since eBay ditched PayPal for Adyen.

I just think someone forgot to update the wording.

Message 9 of 23
See Most Recent

Thank you for your email
Message 10 of 23
See Most Recent

It's pretty bad if a statement of requirement is still displayed when it is no longer a requirement. Sometimes I wonder whether the largest Internet websites are simply too large to manage.

I always understood that we had to offer PayPal as an option for users who could always choose to use it although we offered payment by other means as well. Buyers had to pay by PayPal if that was the only method we offered. I have always been suspicious of users who didn't want to do PayPal although if they live nearby me and can bring me cash if that is what they want to do, that is OK for me. 

Message 11 of 23
See Most Recent

Since eBay started managing payments several years ago, we can't offer PayPal as a payment method. If a buyer wants to pay by PayPal they can do, but it still goes through Adyen which is eBay's payment processor.

Message 12 of 23
See Most Recent

I've yet to come across any that sell 50 padded envelopes for less than 88p, and 25 for nowt- are your 'far better' supplies sending you these 1000 boxes giving them away for nothing, or even give some of them away for nothing?  Unless they are, why even mention them?

Why should eBay gift to charity if it is useful to me, and useful to heaps of other customers of theirs?  I don't get your reasoning.  Its an option, that you can take or can refuse, but why moan about it?

Message 13 of 23
See Most Recent

Glad your so happy with it.
Message 14 of 23
See Most Recent

Just as an offshoot it would be nice to see the value of the voucher increase, given the price rise of packaging and everything else ! 
I use it about twice a year for one product. 

Message 15 of 23
See Most Recent

Hi there,  I use the voucher every month. I buy fifty envelopes and costs about 1.50.

I pay using a credit card registered in my eBay account.

Maybe you have to have a bank card registered in your eBay account, then you can use it?

Message 16 of 23
See Most Recent

Now come on Magpiecorner1, it's £10.88. We aren't getting a 'free', £10 voucher. It is included in the packaged shop cost. £10.88 for 50 poor quality plastic packaging bags is terrible value. 

Message 17 of 23
See Most Recent

When I first used the voucher I got the fifty envelopes and bemoaned there was over a pound left unused.

Now I bemoan that I have to pay a pound on top!

Message 18 of 23
See Most Recent

As I've said I just give mine away as I have no use for them, but the main thing I got to pick you up on is saying they are for nowt, the voucher is used as a selling point for the subscription but the real value for the voucher is closer to £2.50 than £10 in the real world. 

I'd rather they took away the voucher and reduced or just didnt increase the subscriptions price or just let us gift it to somebody who can use the voucher, they wont though as they are making a killing from it, the quality of the products are bad compared to anything else on the market.

Message 19 of 23
See Most Recent

Exactly this.... it's about the only thing in my world that has not been affected by inflation!

I am sure it was £10 About 6 - 7 years ago, should probably be £14 - £15 now if it kept up.

Message 20 of 23
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: