eBay community? Nostalgia!

Just got all nostalgic for the old eBay and remembered James phoning me up and trying to tell me off!

Anybody got any more nostalgia?

Message 1 of 117
See Most Recent
116 REPLIES 116

I remember a time when I sent my expensive camera to a potential buyer for approval, and then he paid for it (with a cheque! :))

That was near the beginning of eBay and I was on another account.

Message 2 of 117
See Most Recent

James who lol ???.

i remember when i listed 50 items and sold 48 of them AND got paid.

Message 3 of 117
See Most Recent

I remember when the Round Table had 4 or 5 pages of new threads every day

Message 4 of 117
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember some good old banter without people being slapped for nothing.

Message 5 of 117
See Most Recent

Just re read the first post. That wasn't the old eBay, lol. 

The old eBay didn't provide a phone number so you could phone them, much less have someone call you. 😂

Everything was computerised email response. 

Except a pink slap 😉

Message 6 of 117
See Most Recent

I remember when you couldn't mention a pink slap without somebody giving you one Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 117
See Most Recent

I remember when the pinks think it was Oli and James had banter with the sellers lol

I also *only cos I found mine in a box the other day* remember the who haa over who got ebay xmas lights and mugs etc lol 😄 *yes ebay sent you gifts lol *

ahhhhh the good ole days ! when you could find your items in search and sell them!! lol

Message 8 of 117
See Most Recent

@Anonymous wrote:

I remember some good old banter without people being slapped for nothing.

And the next line has been  ! ! !

Anyhow, nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Mister EMB

Message 9 of 117
See Most Recent

I remember the days when we had real nostalgia.

People would go all misty eyed and walk into walls and things.

I vaguely recal lurking here when there was a very Bopular guy who I think was not keen on the prime minister of the day.  Then along came the Irish Jekyll & Hyde chap who espoused values but failed himself to live up to them. There were plenty of nutters around who seem to have largely moved on to social networks. No doubt some still look in but there isn't a great deal of activity on which to prey.

Message 11 of 117
See Most Recent

'I vaguely recal lurking here when there was a very Bopular guy who I think was not keen on the prime minister of the day'.

BOP  (Blair Out Project) ? Hasn't been quite the same since he hung up his 666 mark of the devil avatar. Someone told me he was actually eBay staff, and was sent to liven things up and keep the pot boiling on here, but I don't know how true that is. Certainly a character, and commanded a huge following.

Mister EMB

Message 12 of 117
See Most Recent

I remember, I remember....

When there was Q&A, and Nag's Head to cater for the masses. Which meant the hoi-polloi, the common people. 

We common people stayed clear of the  "Round Table". It was like an elite group. Scarily intellectual. The posts on RT were like in a different league. Intimidating in their braininess. So, few people dare post on that august Board.

But happily nowadays, the RT Board is open to all, so we can all post on it.

That's good.

Message 13 of 117
See Most Recent

We used to have great fun on the Books Board  with folks who had been registered longer than me.  It's dead now.  Woman Sad

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 14 of 117
See Most Recent

RT was the refuge for those who were afraid to stray onto Q&A and, created later, Nag's Head. They always seemed hostile and argumentative. I started on Q&A but ran away to RT, which was much friendlier.
Message 15 of 117
See Most Recent

PhotobucketBring Back The Rambler's

Petal
Message 16 of 117
See Most Recent

So who remembers Bev? Very friendly, exchanged emails with her in to the early hours.

Along came Henry with his "Hullo". Had a few altercations with him.

Monisha? James.............. always used to phone me at tea time.......... grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 17 of 117
See Most Recent

Would that be the James who was promoted from the community to eBays organic allotments just off St Stephens Green? Rumour has it that he turns most of his produce into wine and after imbibing in this liquor does voluntary work giving anger management classes to budding mods. I am told he had a gentle manner and cross dressed most weekends before he had his funny turn.

Message 18 of 117
See Most Recent

And Snipers
Message 19 of 117
See Most Recent

I remember Bev and Henry.
Message 20 of 117
See Most Recent