What do you think of it so far?

The general election campaign, has it enthused you to vote? Have you connected with a party or are you finding it all a bit limp?
I don't feel inspired by Cameron or Milliband, Farage peaked too early, the greens are very poor, Liberals are stuck with being in government with the Tories and many from the left cannot forgive that. The Scots think it's a football match which they can win.
Our nuclear deterrent should go according to many, the NHS is underfunded because we are all Sick, We have huge debt but want those who generate wealth to pay it off. Our roads are becoming similar to those in third world countries. Freedom of speech is being threatened daily by PC activists determined to swathe all in cotton wool. So who is addressing the problems, who will buck the trend and set us on a course toward a better society?

Vote for a new way

Vote for Sooty
Message 1 of 65
See Most Recent
64 REPLIES 64

What do I think of it so far?  Rubbish.  I find none of them inspiring.

I am so disillusioned with politicians now I cannot be bothered to read most of their rhetoric and largely skip the election bits of newspapers this year.

I will use my vote, but no idea who for yet. I will study the local candidates and vote for the one who I think makes the most sense, regardless of their chances of getting a seat, so it might be a 'wasted' vote if not for one of the main parties

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 2 of 65
See Most Recent

I think Clare Balding should become a Member of Parliament. Why not indeed, she seems to have her finger in every other pie ?

Suggested Name. The United Kingdom Chin Party.

This statement was brought to you via, 'The Clare Balding (Chin) Appreciation Society'.

President: Clare Balding.

Honourary Member: Bruce Forsyth.

(Past President; Jimmy Hill).

Mister EMB

Message 3 of 65
See Most Recent

Thank goodness I thought I was on my own, it's a shame that there is so little passion, we seem to suffer from those who have such a fixed view they support a party regardless of the mess they make.
Message 4 of 65
See Most Recent

As I've said before, there's only one bloke who ever went to parliament with the right idea !!   Guy Fawkes !!

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 5 of 65
See Most Recent

The campaigns are so predictable. Every party slagging the others off, and promising the Earth just to get back in again. It has become very personal, and we have seen the kitchens of some leaders! Today , David Cameron has announced that every pregnant woman will have a dedicated nurse throughout her pregnancy and labour. Now that is wonderful encouraging news for all those Non British women who come here to have their babies free on the NHS.
The fact is that this country is overpopulated and broke. Yet the powers that be continue to allow more and more people to come and live here. I have decided where my vote will go. I am going to vote for Nigel Farage's party, because he tells it like it is....no waffle....strictly facts. Every vote for him will shake those other complacent dinosaurs up.
Message 6 of 65
See Most Recent

Yes Astro, the promises from the Bullingdon Boy are coming thick and fast now. Hasn't he also promised cheaper rail fares ? Next it'll be cheaper prices in 'Poundland', and free entry to all sporting events. Honestly, you could laugh your socks off at the sheer desperation.

Not heard from the esteemed Howling Laud Wolf. Can it be that he's keeping his powder dry until the 7th May, when he will trounce the rest of them off the planet ?

VOTE FOR (MORE) LUNACY - VOTE THE MONSTER RAVING LOONY PARTY - YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.

http://www.loonyparty.com/about/policy-proposals/

Mister EMB

Message 7 of 65
See Most Recent

I have usually decided by this late stage who will be getting my vote regardless of who promises what, but I'm finding it really difficult this year. As others have said I have never seen such an uninspiring bunch of no-hopers. I am still determined to place my vote but I have no idea who will get it, the way things are going I will probably decide on the day. What a pitiful state of affairs. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 65
See Most Recent

@electric*mayhem*band wrote:

I think Clare Balding should become a Member of Parliament. Why not indeed, she seems to have her finger in every other pie ?

Suggested Name. The United Kingdom Chin Party.

This statement was brought to you via, 'The Clare Balding (Chin) Appreciation Society'.

President: Clare Balding.

Honourary Member: Bruce Forsyth.

(Past President; Jimmy Hill).

Man WinkWoman Wink 

Yes agree.

The fact is that other poor fella Phillip Schofield, who l have no doubt would do any job that she wouldn't. And she what he wouldn't.

Sick of the sight of the pair of them.  And you might just think that others that need a few bob would get a chance if these two greedy charmers would turn something down.

Anyway: Hans Steininger, the burgomaster, of Braunau (then Bavaria, now Austria), died when he broke his neck by tripping over his own beard. [26]  (sorry, pause for a laugh Man LOL ) ... The beard, which was 4.5 feet (1.4 m) long at the time, was usually kept in a rolled up leather pouch.

Not a lot of people know that...Man LOL

Message 9 of 65
See Most Recent

0-anthony-0
Helper

A pantomime farce... .

Message 10 of 65
See Most Recent

An apt description anthony.

How about a vote for the Democratic Dalek Alliance?

dalek-article-image.jpg

British voters have complained of being dispirited and cynical due to the dishonesty of politicians and pantomime politics of traditional mainstream centre parties who are now deemed to be too untrustworthy and despicable to get an easy run at being voted for every single time.

Citizens have now decided it’s worth taking a punt on new party The Democratic Dalek Alliance just in case something good happens.

UK resident Darren Smallpop said, ‘They say they are very nice and have promised not to harvest us for their own ends, so that can’t be a bad thing.

‘They have also ensured they will not cheat on their expenses claims and insisted they will not be a safe haven for sinister peadophile networks. As far as I’m concerned they tick all the boxes.’

Green Party leader Natalie Bennett has urged the public to think twice before voting for The Alliance claiming, ‘The Green Party already offers a genuine alternative to the corporate sponsored Westminster establishment which will put governance back into the hands of the people it should serve. Yes politics is broken but the last thing the country needs is a knee jerk reaction toward The Democratic Dalek Alliance. It’s not clear we can trust them.’

But the public have been determined not to fall for the words of a women who has been discovered to be half Australian.

The election is set for the 7th of May but The Alliance has indicated they may storm parliament sooner, if they feel like it.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 11 of 65
See Most Recent

A real damp squib and none of the parties are enticing me to vote although on the day I will but for whom I have no idea.

Although I am in Scotland and born and bred here I sincerely hope SNP do not get the majority vote here as I do not think they have the faintest idea about how too run a country and the so called first minister is only a mouthpiece for Alex Salmond. She spouts the exact same rubbish as he did and will ruin the UK if they did have to have an alliance with another party to make up a government.

Sorry but this is my opinion.

Message 12 of 65
See Most Recent

The election campaign is very repulsive to intelligent people.

I hope we'll ignore the whole thing, and not vote for any of the politicians.

Message 13 of 65
See Most Recent

I watched some of the stuff on today's Daily Poltics, I should not because brillo was in full swing again trying to get someone to explain in intricate detail how the figures added up or rather didn't add up. The Labour spokesman simply fell into campaign mode repeating.endless strap lines for fun.

My point about brillo Neil and others like him and I include Paxman, they seem to allow their roots to overly influence their dislike of anyone in politics, True Neil did study Political Economics at Glasgow where Vince Cable was one of his tutors, since then it's been journalism and a few sidelines on quangos. What qualifies him to stand judge I'm not altogether sure.

The voting now we have more parties says to me that PR should be introduced, it is the only way people can see their vote valued and the current axis will be broken. The sooner the better lmo.

Message 14 of 65
See Most Recent

I don't actually see any point in walking to the polling station to vote for someone whose leader I don't like and don't trust to run the country.  On the other hand, Russell Brand wants us all to stay at home and I can't stand him either!  I usually vote for the same party out of habit, and probably will do again. 

Message 15 of 65
See Most Recent

The idea of having a general election every 5 years or so, is just to give Joe Public the illusion of having a choice.

Whereas, the real choice, that of the candidate being voted for was made by 12 men in dirty raincoats or 12 women in funny hats.

And a simple reply to any politicians answer to a question would be

Unfortunately, although the answer was indeed clear, simple, and straightforward, there is some difficulty in justifiably assigning to it the fourth of the epithets you applied to the statement, inasmuch as the precise correlation between the information you communicated and the facts, insofar as they can be determined and demonstrated, is such as to cause epistemological problems, of sufficient magnitude as to lay upon the logical and semantic resources of the English language a heavier burden than they can reasonably be expected to bear.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 65
See Most Recent

I think the extensive media coverage of the non-news political garbage will have the effect of turning people off voting altogether.

I'd compare it all to a six-page letter from one company and a one page letter from another saying exactly the same thing. The 6-page letter wouldn't get fully read and binned while the one-page letter would at least get read and scrutinised.

The whole election coverage has gone on far too long and those pontificating political commentators full of self importance need removing from the coverage altogether. Like politicians, they talk and talk and talk, they talk so much it all becomes a blurred noise of which people can't wait for it to stop.

There's three weeks to go yet.......... ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 17 of 65
See Most Recent

I see UKIP have launched their manifesto...

ukipmanifesto.jpg

Message 18 of 65
See Most Recent

I go 4 IKIP or do I mean I'll kip. Yup thryre the moir trusty

Message 19 of 65
See Most Recent

At least Cameron got a warm wecome here in the north East on Monday

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/ukulele-playing-busker-tells-david-cameron-90369...

It's the least he deserves

We are many,They are few
Message 20 of 65
See Most Recent