What do you think of it so far?

The general election campaign, has it enthused you to vote? Have you connected with a party or are you finding it all a bit limp?
I don't feel inspired by Cameron or Milliband, Farage peaked too early, the greens are very poor, Liberals are stuck with being in government with the Tories and many from the left cannot forgive that. The Scots think it's a football match which they can win.
Our nuclear deterrent should go according to many, the NHS is underfunded because we are all Sick, We have huge debt but want those who generate wealth to pay it off. Our roads are becoming similar to those in third world countries. Freedom of speech is being threatened daily by PC activists determined to swathe all in cotton wool. So who is addressing the problems, who will buck the trend and set us on a course toward a better society?

Vote for a new way

Vote for Sooty
Message 1 of 65
See Most Recent
64 REPLIES 64

Re: What do you think of it so far?

🙂
Message 61 of 65
See Most Recent

"Granny, do all fairy tales begin with 'Once Upon A time'? " "No, darling. there's a whole series of fairy tales that begin with 'If Elected I Promise!!..

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 62 of 65
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone show me which party made some impressive changes for the benefit of all of us over the last, say, 30 years? I do not vote, but who knows maybe something will change my mind If one of you can enlighten me.

Message 63 of 65
See Most Recent

@fallen-archie wrote:

Meanwhile, procrastination aside, up Norf Cruella chuckles as Falex proves he really is a womans man. The Trotsky's have found a way into all of our hearts it's called nationalism, everything is privatised from banks to Land, Fat cats are exterminated Hurrah and we breed a new elite made up of the peoples politicians.

so my question is, apart from the politburo who gets to live in a house with a garden and who gets the studio flat above Iceland?

1363977332903.jpg

Thanks been feeling queesy all day, that pics just helped it out, feeling a bit better now.

Message 64 of 65
See Most Recent

On the subject of the GM ive tried to avoid as much as i can.

We have had Allan Beith up here for 40 years and i cannot see what he has done for the region, a road to scotland from the dark ages and little manufacturing or services investment. We now have Internet, but not because of him.

Cannot believe the amount of propaganda that they have sent through our post, certainly a tree full, though did appreciate the hand addressed letters, though they didnt work.

Unfortunately i cannot stand Edd on the way he became partly leader, and who could trust sneering Balls.

Greens lovely pie in the sky ideas, just not at all viable or would have little clue in running a country.

Libs- i actually like Clegg, just couldnt vote Liberal, know a few here and there idiology can be way out, to my way of thinking.

ukip- cant put off that they spout of exactly what people wanted to here, played on peoples fears. Yes they are all at it now, but cant be trusted at all.

I have always voted tory as i always believed that they were best for the country as a whole, not necessarily for myself. Get business,manufacturing , services going and you have the basis for a strong economy.

What i vote for this time round, i may leave in the hands of other people, i know it wont be labour, the country cannot afford them, in the short term it would be rosy again, in the future we will be in a mess, our welfare and running costs are just too large to run on their economics.

Unfortunately  cutbacks are a necessity, maybe they do go to far in some departments, but it was quite evident that they were needed,  Over 2000 council staff were paid over  £100,000 last year  I work my botox off  and pay my taxes, some public services have lost touch with reality in the last labour government, over employment and payment  in many government sectors.

reality is as a country we cannot keep on spending more than we earn in the long run it will catch us up, quicker the deficit is paid the more we can spend on other services,or  not as then the debt will need to be taken care of.

Message 65 of 65
See Most Recent