Well I'll go the foot of our stairs.

What a to-do. The leading protagonist for the Tory leadership has just reneged, and removed his name from the list of runners, while the leader of the Labour party, despite strong opposition, is still clinging on for grim death like a limpet.

The rest of the world must be in pleats, and laughing their socks off at the UK's political scene right now.

♫  Oh, the merry-go-round broke down,
And we went round and round,
Each time t'would miss, we'd steal a kiss,
And the merry-go-round went......

"Um-pah-pah, um-pah-pah
Um-pah! Um-pah! Um-pah-pah-pah!'

Oh, the merry-go-round broke down
And it made the darnedest sound
The lights went low, we both said "Oh!"
And the merry-go-round went......

"Um-pah-pah, um-pah-pah
Um-pah! Um-pah! Um-pah-pah-pah!'  ♫

(Now with sound and vision).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2WC0UbkIZI

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Perhaps all those people who went on about Boris only being after furthering his own agenda and wanting to be prime minister, might care to comment now.  Because, if that were the case, he's certainly given in rather timidly and you would have thought he would have done his homework; if they were truly his aims and been much more determined.  I also hope Corbin stays as leader of Labour, because that will make Labour unelectable in a general election.  I'm afraid a bunch of " Hippy " ( young ) supporters won't cut it, when the rest of the country are asked for their vote; their parents will remember how useless they all were when they were at home.  As for the unions, they are always up for a leader who they think they'll be able to manipulate; just look how Corbin gets dragged away from press questions ( by his " advisers " ) before he gets chance to answer. The labour party will be ill served by this man, either it's about a movement and a party; or it's about one man and that smacks of power play, something I thought was against true labour principles.  What happened to all this " the Party is more important that an individual " stuff.  As far as the Conservatives are concerned, it's Theresa May for me.  She's undoubtedly seen and had to deal with things ( as home secretary ) that would make us petrified, if it were made public ( terrorist intelligence & potential activities / targets etc ).  She's also had to fly to Jordan, to negotiate and secure the deportation of Abu Qatada; something the European courts continually blocked.  She stuck with prosecuting Abu Hamza, through a protracted legal battle, eventually deporting him to the USA.  In a less than perfect world, full of less than perfect people........she'll give it Her best.......and she seen more of this less the perfect world than most.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Quote from Theresa May: "I don't sit around having lunch and gossiping, or drinking in Parliamentary bars all day".

I think we are all aware of the current trends, and of the normal procedures that takes place, now she's kindly just confirmed it. Well done, Mrs May.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

I'm surprised at the support for Theresa May, not because I don't think she would be a good PM, (I think she more than likely would be a good one), but because she has made clear that she wouldn't invoke 'article 50' until next year.

As for accusing Corbin of destroying the Labour Party that has to be a joke - he got a huge majority from the party members, it is the 'elite' in the party trying to oust him that are destroying the party.  They don't like him nor his policies so are calling for a rerun of the vote, in much the same way that some 'remainders' are calling for a rerun of the referendum.  I don't like many of his policies but I do believe in democracy.

With regards to Boris I am sure that he would have stood as a candidate for PM if he thought he wouldn't be humiliated in a leadership contest.  Then there's Gove who says publicly and forcefully that he wouldn't stand as a candidate but supported Boris and within a week stabs him in the back and throws his own hat into the ring.

So we have the crazy situation where the most likely leader of this country is someone who didn't want to leave the EU, who is being opposed by a leader under fire from his own MP's, who was also against leaving the EU - I have little confidence that the will of the people as expressed in the referendum will be best served by that scenario.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Strange things for sale on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/131863819905?roken=cUgayN

The description goes on to state that the “buyer can collect” or the seller is prepared to “put him on a pallet and have him delivered”.

The seller advises customers that he also has ‘a lovely Hilary Benn action figure’ who ‘talks about bombing and undermining the democratically elected leader of the Labour party.’

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Surprised

We are many,They are few
Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Wait till he gets the bill from eBay for the final valuation fees on that listing, which stand at £6,600 at the minute, I hope he's got a good sense of humour.

Man LOL

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs"

Sorry to but in. I've heard this many times over the years but never understood it. What's the significance of the foot of the stairs? Why is this a northern saying, we don't use it down south?
Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Now

One of the candidates, Andrea Leadsom, who was pushing Her Brexit credentials, has just be shown to have been a very Pro-EU MP only 3 years ago. 

http://polibite.com/andrea-leadsom-says-brexit-disaster/

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent