Time for some Community Spirit

In years gone by the Q&A boards used to be frequented by many posters who no longer show their faces for various reasons.

There used to be bun fights and arguments on a regular basis back then, even more than now, but there was also a community spirit then that is sadly lacking now.

One of the major contributors at that time is unfortunately severely ill suffering from a terminal illness.  I won't mention their name but a few of us have already changed our profile pictures to mark our respect for this lady.

I hope that @*northy* won't mind me using their current signature to end this post.

"A picture to send positivity, strength, hope, reverance + respect.

On this, for once, a community can unite."

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

Well said.

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it
Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

ebay smile.gif

Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

Smiley Happy

towel

I'm sorry for asking, and I know I shouldn't, but does this lady's ID have a feline connotation ?

I hope I'm totally wrong, but, if not, then truly shattered !

"Non Recuso Laborem"

Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

Some of us have never gone away - we just use a different face.  We are on our best behaviour because the boards are more restrictive than they used to be.

As for bun fights, blobby couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag but nobody seemed to mind;  in general though, you needed to be thick-skinned and quick-witted to survive on the boards.

To survive the boards and then find yourself coping with a life-limiting situation - that's more than lousy and I'm really sorry to hear about it.

I bid, I win, I pay - you deliver
Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

Just adding my support.......................best wishes...

Reminds me of when the ebay board community was a community...............even if we did fight a lot....

I am not an engager, I am a number.
Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

I never post anymore ,but make this exception for an exceptional responder and font of Ebay knowledge

(and enthusiastic partaker of many a good forum 'debate'  )

I stand ,humbled,head bowed and moist eyed at the thought of losing my good friend

Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

@lemon-p wrote:

Just adding my support.......................best wishes...

Reminds me of when the ebay board community was a community...............even if we did fight a lot....

I remember the Friday night fight threads ........

But I remember the matchstick laptop, bright green armchair, three legged table and volvos even more

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the thoughts and prayers of many

Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

PhotobucketI Remember The Q&A Board You Had To Be Brave To Pop In There

Sorry To Hear Someone Is Poorly

photo musical20bear.gif

Petal
Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

As the proud owner of a number of this lady's cartoons and having had a number of 'contentious' debates with her, both on Q&A and the groups I am truly sorry to hear the sad news.

Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

towel

Two kind fellow eBayers filled me in as to this lady's ID !

Yes I knew her, and my love & support goes out to her in this very difficult time !

"Non Recuso Laborem"

Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

As the proud owner of a number of this lady's cartoons and having had a number of 'contentious' debates with her, both on Q&A and the groups I am truly sorry to hear the sad news.

I learned on the old Q & A boards, that posters sometimes rose from the dead.

Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

Ah yes, the old Q&A where you needed a Flak Jacket and a Hard Hat to enter, the Friday night RT bun fights (that very often continued all week-end), the posters who had so many IDs, they'd quite often forget who they were, and start arguing with themselves.

I don't know which song is most apropos, Mary Hopkin's 'Those Were The Days', or Bowie's 'Changes'.

Mister EMB

Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

@electric*mayhem*band wrote:

Ah yes, the old Q&A where you needed a Flak Jacket and a Hard Hat to enter, the Friday night RT bun fights (that very often continued all week-end), the posters who had so many IDs, they'd quite often forget who they were, and start arguing with themselves.

I don't know which song is most apropos, Mary Hopkin's 'Those Were The Days', or Bowie's 'Changes'.

For some reason, Mozart sticks in my mind.

Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

Sad news

Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

Reading this thread gave me goose bumps and brought to my mind all the people I have personaly lost or are in ill health at the moment.

I am not remotely religeous but there is a lot of truth in the saying

There for the grace of god go all of us..........

Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

Someone dies and we are not allowed to name them..since when??

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

Tommy, several posters have died and the news has been passed around by personal message

because of the despicable behaviour of some of the people who visit the boards

We've even had an example, just this week

Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent