Time for some Community Spirit

In years gone by the Q&A boards used to be frequented by many posters who no longer show their faces for various reasons.

There used to be bun fights and arguments on a regular basis back then, even more than now, but there was also a community spirit then that is sadly lacking now.

One of the major contributors at that time is unfortunately severely ill suffering from a terminal illness.  I won't mention their name but a few of us have already changed our profile pictures to mark our respect for this lady.

I hope that @*northy* won't mind me using their current signature to end this post.

"A picture to send positivity, strength, hope, reverance + respect.

On this, for once, a community can unite."

100% pure Egyptian Cotton
Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

"A picture to send positivity, strength, hope, reverance + respect.

On this, for once, a community can unite."

candles.jpg

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 21 of 25
See Most Recent

the lady in question   hasnt died,   i am seeing her next week but she is very poorly /

shes ordered fudge

See my me page if you want to pay some dosh in for Deno and posh
Message 22 of 25
See Most Recent

Be sure to convey our best wishes moz. ebay heart.gif

Message 23 of 25
See Most Recent

I will ,  i am taking messages with me.

what i miss about the old board is the real generousity of people and the ability to come together for a good cause,  even the pinks couldnt say no.   😉

Lots of events stick in my mind.   selling Richard to Australia,   selling Henrys worldly goods,  the pookys ,  the case of the leaking Kaa     is that the right spelling ?   having your spelling corrected by a certain lady ,   the brill cartoons depicting regular members,  there are so many.  the cin auctions.

I have been lucky and met a lot of old posters in real life and some have become real life long friends,  a few in particular thanks to that board so in many respects it did change my life.

It had its dark side ,  bullying ,  trolling and some darn right nastiness but over all it was a community and if you needed help it was the place to go.  i think ebay is a poorer place with out it

See my me page if you want to pay some dosh in for Deno and posh
Message 24 of 25
See Most Recent

Characters like you, gave us pleasure.  You will probably continue to post, I hope so

Message 25 of 25
See Most Recent