There will NOT be 6 days of Darkness in December

This is sweeping the Net and it's a Hoax

HOAX - 'NASA Confirms 6 Days of Total Darkness'

Outline

A circulating report claims that NASA has confirmed that Earth will experience 6 days of total darkness between the 16th and the 22nd of December due to a solar storm.

Brief Analysis

The claims in the report are fanciful nonsense. NASA certainly has not confirmed the supposed 6 days of darkness. No such event will occur. The story comes via the fake-news 'satirical' site Huzlers. And Huzlers apparently adapted the fake story from an earlier hoax that claimed that there was to be a three-day blackout in December.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/fake-news-nasa-6-days-darkness.shtml

Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

Now what the hell am I going to do with 14lbs of Carrots...............don't say "stick them where the Sun don't shine", because that's why I bought them.Smiley Indifferent

Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

First I've heard of it.Woman LOL

Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

Judging by this morning, I'm not sure if it hasn't come to pass. Lights on at 10.40 am, and there's still the rest of the day to go.

Mister EMB

Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

Somebody's telling Porkies !!

Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

OK - anybody with half a brain would realise this was rubbish, but, did you know that the Chinese recorded that in one particular year -  about 4,500 years ago the earth actually slowed dow by five days during the course of one year, and in that one year there were earthquakes and volcanic eruptions such as never had been seen before or since?  These people were know for their accurate timekeeping and knew nothing of religion outside China, and yet it coincided perfectly with Moses' flight across the Dead Sea from his pursuing enemies.  God parting the water was merely a poetic description of a tsunami  - pillars of fire: an earthquake revealing the intense heat generated by the revelation of the lithospheric plates.  All these things did come to pass.  If you think just what catastropice events would take place that year, the parting of the Dead Sea was not only plausable, but likely.  And worse - much, much worse is to follow.  The Book of Revelations accurately predicts how the moon will lose a quarter of it's size due to a meteor strike and how this will cause the waters on earth to remain stagnant for four years, where no wind will blow.  How A.I.D.S. was accurately predicted - it's all there, my friend, written in poetry.  These things will come to pass.  I just thank God, not said blasphemously, that I will not be around when it does.  

Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

A big pic:-

http://media.skynews.com/media/images/generated/2014/10/27/345176/default/v1/nasa-sunspot-activity-o...

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

Awsome,  isn't it - 92,000,000 away, and so perfectly balanced.  It's been scientifically proven if we had a major wobble and drifed just just ten miles closer to the sun, the additional head generated would dry up everything on the planet and we'd all perish - ten miles the other way and no crops would grow and we'd all perish.  The world isn't perfect - it does wobble occasionally but not enough to effect us globally.   But  of course it all happened naturally.  The "Big Bang" theory.  I have my own theories..  And yet the amazing thing is the sun is burning itself up and getting smaller by a mind-boggling 4,000,000 tons per second!

I love astronomy,  One of the most eminant scientists was a deeply religious man.  he said he just loved diagnosing God's world.

Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

@5129frederick wrote:

Awsome,  isn't it - 92,000,000 away, and so perfectly balanced.  It's been scientifically proven if we had a major wobble and drifed just just ten miles closer to the sun, the additional head generated would dry up everything on the planet and we'd all perish - ten miles the other way and no crops would grow and we'd all perish.  The world isn't perfect - it does wobble occasionally but not enough to effect us globally.   But  of course it all happened naturally.  The "Big Bang" theory.  I have my own theories..  And yet the amazing thing is the sun is burning itself up and getting smaller by a mind-boggling 4,000,000 tons per second!

I love astronomy,  One of the most eminant scientists was a deeply religious man.  he said he just loved diagnosing God's world.

Not sure about that 10 miles!

The Earth's orbit is not circular and the distance from the sun varies during the year by 3 MILLION miles.  In addition the orbital distance is not constant year on year either.

Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

@5129frederick wrote:

.... The Book of Revelations accurately predicts how the moon will lose a quarter of it's size due to a meteor strike and how this will cause the waters on earth to remain stagnant for four years, where no wind will blow.  

?? Am I missing something? 

I am not aware of the moon losing a quarter of its size in the last 2000 years.

How can you say that a Book written in the first century AD accurately predicts something that hasn't yet happened?

And how would a reduction of 25% of the moon cause stagnant water and no wind?

It seems to me whoever wrote that had no understanding of solar heating and air pressure differences which produce air movement and wind, never mind other factors such as the rotation of the earth.   Not surprising in those days perhaps, but I fail to see how you can say this is or even will be an accurate prediction. 

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

Slightly off topic, but the moon has not lost a quarter of it's size over the past two thousand years.  In fact, the moon is getting heavier each time it is hit by a meteorite it happens more often than you think, only it is not noteworthy which is why it doesn't get into the papers.  But it will.

These forthcoming events were revealed to St. John the Divine, who was instructed to write down everything which was revealed to him.  That is why it is the last book in the Bible - the Book of Revelations - things to come.  

You ask how a sudden reduction of 25% of the moon will cause water to stagnate, which really surprises me.  At it's closest, the moon is a little over 200,000 miles from us - at it's furthest about 250,000 miles.  The gravitational pull of the moon dictate the state of the tides all over the world, alternating from neap tides where there is little ebbing of water to spring tides where the tidal flow and current at at it's greatest when there is a full moon the moon is at it's highest.  Without the moon, there would be no tide.  The water would just stagnate and go nowhere, causing global pollution.  It would also cause havoc with the weather generally.   

Some parts of the Book of Revelations are easier to understand than other parts like the Euphrates being dammed and a massive army walking across the land in a final confrontation between the East and the West.  Chairman Mao actually confirmed that at a stretch he could actually raise an army of 200,000,000 people.  No way could you airlift an army of that many people in one go - but you could go anywhere in the world and be unstoppable by just marching across the land.  Read it!  It's all there.  In the Book of Revelations, it reveals how evil doers will hide from justice in the depth of the oceans (submarines) and how some will not be affected at all - in our infancy we are able to send men up into space for more than a year.  

I seek the Rapture - come Lord Jesus, come.

Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

I stand corrected on that point! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

"National Grid and its regulator, Ofgem, said there was little threat of blackouts or the need for other emergency measures"

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/oct/28/national-grid-no-winter-blackout

We are many,They are few
Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

Adding a three day blackout to a six day blackout gives a NINE DAY BLACKOUT. HELP! What will we do?

Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

@5129frederick wrote:

You ask how a sudden reduction of 25% of the moon will cause water to stagnate, which really surprises me.  ....  Without the moon, there would be no tide.  The water would just stagnate and go nowhere, causing global pollution. 

Yes I know about tides, but first of all you didn't say there would be NO moon you said there would be 3/4 left, so there would be some tides which anywhere vary greatly from place to place for various reasons including basin size and the position of tidal nodes .

You wouldn't be surprised if you knew about all factors responsible for ocean circulation - it isn't just the moon and tidal currents. 

Also you said there would be no wind which was my main point but you haven't answered why there would be no wind.

And as I said before I do not think you can say that the Book of Revelations accurately predicts the loss of one quarter of the moon when it hasn't happened yet to verify that prediction.  Over millenia there is a good chance that several asteroids will hit the moon and the earth and one or more of them could be extremely large ones.  Maybe it will take out 10% or 30% or whatever % of the moon, but if it isn't exactly 25% then it isn't an accurate prediction is it?  You say it is accurate because you believe what has been written by human beings 1900-2000 years ago.  Belief doesn't equal accuracy IMO. 

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

I read somewere people used to think the World was flat and you fell of the edge..

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

I've heard that there's a few Pubs in Newcastle, where they still think that at kicking out time.Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

I never said there'd be no moon - I said if there was no moon...   If you are prepared to read the Book of Revelations and other parts of the New Testament - without rubbishing it. I am prepared to provide you with exact passages.  I don't claim to know the New Testament back to front any more than I claim to know all about the tides, but I'd pit my Saviour against the scientist any day of the week because the title of the book book on personal testimonies which I wrote and self-published actually forms my own testimony, which is: I accept the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal guide and Saviour and in Him, and Him only, I place my total trust.  "In Him I place my trust" is being continuously upgraded as more born-again Christians provide me with their testimonies.  Despite it's title, it's not heavy and only takes about forty minutes to read.  It's about the same length as the Book of John.  You should read it some time.  There is no reason why science and religion cannot work hand in hand - after all, scientists are merely diagnosing God's work.

Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

but I'd pit my Saviour against the scientist any day of the week because the title of the book book on personal testimonies which I wrote and self-published actually forms my own testimony, which is: I accept the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal guide and Saviour and in Him, and Him only, I place my total trust.  "In Him I place my trust" is being continuously upgraded as more born-again Christians provide me with their testimonies.

Personal revelations are not evidence and can be dismissed, testimonies mean nothing apart to the individual, I could testify I had an invisible dragon in my garage that not not mean anybody has any reason to believe me purely on what I say no matter how much I believed it myself.

As for the Book of Revelations, again without any outside evidence to back up the assertions described therein, again it has no validity, it's just a story.

Incidentally forget about the idea that the Red Sea could have been crossed with the aid of drawback before a tsunami, a typical time period before the arrival of the wave in a large tsunami, is about twelve minutes, hardly time for even the lowest estimate of 600,000 people to have crossed over albeit it was no wider than a ditch.