The Round Table 'not good enough' to be attacked

Despite years of ill-considered wit, grammatical errors and excessive references to Scousers,The Round Table has thoroughly failed to offend any terrorist organisation. While masked gunmen opened fire on French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, the wags of The Round Table continue to churn out 'half-***** puns' with impunity.

'It's not that we haven't tried,' said one disillusioned RT'er. 'I've mocked David Cameron, I've imitated Ed Miliband's nasal twang and I've drawn an enormous **** on Nigel Farrage's forehead. It almost as if my seventeen years of accountancy in Basingstoke has failed to hone my comedic genius. I once wrote a damning but droll post about Health & Safety - it got 400 "Kudos likes'...unfortunately ninety percent of those were from me spam-clicking the page.'

Human rights activists have expressed concern that The Round Table will continue its campaign of 'whimsical bilge'. An Ebay community spokesman said: ‘We’re trying to be more like Private Eye. They once did this humorous thing with a play on words, Eton rowing song and a split infinitive. Very clever. I knew it was funny the moment I didn't understand it.'

Meanwhile fundamentalist Islamists have repeatedly attacked satirists for lampooning the Prophet Muhammad, but are yet to react to The Round Tables clever satire of the bitterly contested Women's Institute regional election in Appuldurcombe. One extremist said: 'ebay community? Round Tablewho?’ One community moderator said in response: ‘Phew!’

We are many,They are few
Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

One thing you gave a fine example of there was "ill-considered wit".......

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Its called satire CD,i,m sure the lads at Charlie Hebdo would have appreciated it

We are many,They are few
Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Oh, you recognised my post for what it was?

Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Great minds think alike,so they say  Smiley Wink

We are many,They are few
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

And you would know this? HOW?

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Sorry. We're currently experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to complete the process at this time.

As long as people keep getting this message when they log in, I think the RT is reasonably safe from any kind of attack.

I had to blow the bloody doors off.

Mister EMB

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

We might ask for the views of RT's Muslim members. Are there any?

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

@electric*mayhem*band wrote:

Sorry. We're currently experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to complete the process at this time.

As long as people keep getting this message when they log in, I think the RT is reasonably safe from any kind of attack.

I had to blow the bloody doors off.

Tell me about it EMB Smiley LOL    Every time that I try to pop by to say hello, I find that they've hidden the entrance again!

I only managed to get here this time due to sheer determination but i was convinced you'd all gone for good.

Anyway, am glad you're still around, or at least i hope that all the old regulars are? The thing is, if I can't find you and I know you exist, it's hardly likely that anyone on the warpath and in a bit of a mood would have the patience to try and search you out.

Anyhoo a very happy 2015 to you all xxx

+
+
+
:-) 🙂 🙂 ***** HAPPY NEW YEAR ***** 🙂 🙂 🙂
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

The Round Table won't be attacked by Muslim terrorists.  Unless some RT member were to post a cartoon of the Prophet.

But that won't happen, as any such picture would be swiftly deleted by prudent Mods.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent