No Smoking in car with Children.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/smoking-in-vehicles .From 1 October 2015 it will be illegal to smoke in a car (or other vehicles) with anyone under 18 present. The law is changing to protect children and young people from the dangers of secondhand smoke.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 69
See Most Recent
68 REPLIES 68

Message 2 of 69
See Most Recent

why good ...do you smoke and need to be told or are you just flying the flag of unproved cig smoke causes brigade and another liberty up the swanny for no reason as yet proved

Message 3 of 69
See Most Recent

the government are to introduce laws to stop second hand air from humans as its full of toxins that may be harmful to the enviroment eco system and most of all children (and dogs and other animals and planctum) ...after they run out of guns to sell and bombs to drop or the worlds core splits ..whichever comes first be not afraid your GOVERN is on it  🙂

Message 4 of 69
See Most Recent

So,we were like one day ,sitting around discussing the universe and out of nowhere BAM it hit us like a ray from heaven ..god says ,well he says to me and the others agree ,he says ''go forth my children and do not breath the air of others who light the poison chocker for you shall all be doomed to ailments that we can guess might be somehow related in a small strain to it...amongst other things ..like toothpaste ,air freshner and 20000000000 carbon toxins spewed out of thy other stuff..animal farts have toxins ''do not allow the dog in the car '' and so god speaks and the people say good  .

Message 5 of 69
See Most Recent

Heres one ...the government has introduced new laws forbidding the sale of arms and munitions to anyone on the planet and all manufacturing is to cease from now.

Good 🙂

Message 6 of 69
See Most Recent

So are they now going to fine women who are seen smoking when they are pregnant, or drinking alcohol?  That is known to harm a foetus.

My point being where do you draw the line about personal freedom?

How long before people won't be allowed to smoke in their homes if someone under 18 lives there?

A man in Washington DC has been told not to smoke in his own home becaue the neighbours don't like it and claim it seeps through a shared basement.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/homeowner-ordered-judge-stop-smoking-residence/

I think they should just do some work to their floorboards or whatever, not prevent someone from smoking in their own house.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 7 of 69
See Most Recent

I don't mind the actual idea ,as smoking does actually smell to non smokers but I do mind the government doing it and making laws...we are talking 50 things on the to do list first..I mean if this is seriously what they busy themselves with on tax payers funds we don't have to look far as to why the state of the world is like it is...

No facts or science  ever proven cigerette smoke is the cause of  just hearsay and theory ...but a request to not smoke in 2015 should be manners and we all know who's job teaching manners is ,as per school threads . The gov has 'more important pressing issues'' ...

well obviously not ,and thats my biff with the news and its support.its pure more control for control sake and nothing to do with kids health worries...if they cared about children we would not be here as we are today...they do not.

Message 8 of 69
See Most Recent

@joamur_gosof wrote:

why good ...do you smoke and need to be told or are you just flying the flag of unproved cig smoke causes brigade and another liberty up the swanny for no reason as yet proved

Why good? - I am a heavy smoker and have been since my early teens.  I refrained from smoking in the car when my daughter or any other child was with me, likewise in the house.   As we live off any bus routes and a couple of miles from her school we had a rota with a number of parents - some of whom would smoke with the children in the car.

I don't agree with the general smoking ban in public places such as pubs because the patrons have a choice as to whether to enter or not - a child does NOT however have this choice when with their parents or other adults so need protection from the enforced inhalation of smoke. which despite denial by some has been shown to be unhealthy.

Message 9 of 69
See Most Recent

I smoke too but I only smoke in the car if I'm on my own. That's my personal preference, I'm not saying everyone should do the same and that's the whole point really. It should be up to the individual where they draw the line between their own personal needs and preferences and the comfort of those around them.

Anyone who still thinks that smoking isn't harmful to themselves and others is deluded (in my opinion) Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 69
See Most Recent

@jd.linklater wrote:

I smoke too but I only smoke in the car if I'm on my own. That's my personal preference, I'm not saying everyone should do the same and that's the whole point really. It should be up to the individual where they draw the line between their own personal needs and preferences and the comfort of those around them.

Anyone who still thinks that smoking isn't harmful to themselves and others is deluded (in my opinion) Smiley Happy

That's fine when those around the smokers can choose to leave the smokey environment if they wish - such as pubs, restaurants etc.

Children whilst supervised by adults however do not have that choice and as such then society as a whole should take steps to protect them from the actions of adults.

Message 11 of 69
See Most Recent

Harmful ,facts please...and I can show you harmful facts about everything you eat and inhale and drink virtually and then there are the non agreed to substances in the rain and air for example....so being delusional that life in general is harmful to living creatures here and now and pointing out that a certain chemical is possibly the cause (no facts or hard evidence mind)  but could have been the turning point ...well is also delusional but useful tool to brandish '.

so lets make this right ,,,,lets ban cigs and alcohol from people who know what responsible is because 1 might not be...and keep guns and drilling for oil as thats ok,as 1 or 2 irresponsibility countries is not too bad ..

I am beginning to believe that mental health drugs are part of the economy too and shifting as many as poss counts to secure incomes ..

Anyway smoking yourself to air gasping is a choice and I would have thought it was beneath even the daftest brush to smoke in a small space with children...and not a concern of the 1984 crew.

What are the government concerning theirselves with this for now ? That grinds my gears as it sooo obvious they are a waste...why the hell am I seeing homeless and millions and suicides and death statistics and military shows and horror violence ,when all that matters is this .

Message 12 of 69
See Most Recent

@joamur_gosof wrote:

Harmful ,facts please...and I can show you harmful facts about everything you eat and inhale and drink virtually and then there are the non agreed to substances in the rain and air for example....so being delusional that life in general is harmful to living creatures here and now and pointing out that a certain chemical is possibly the cause (no facts or hard evidence mind)  but could have been the turning point ...well is also delusional but useful tool to brandish '.

so lets make this right ,,,,lets ban cigs and alcohol from people who know what responsible is because 1 might not be...and keep guns and drilling for oil as thats ok,as 1 or 2 irresponsibility countries is not too bad ..

I am beginning to believe that mental health drugs are part of the economy too and shifting as many as poss counts to secure incomes ..

Anyway smoking yourself to air gasping is a choice and I would have thought it was beneath even the daftest brush to smoke in a small space with children...and not a concern of the 1984 crew.

What are the government concerning theirselves with this for now ? That grinds my gears as it sooo obvious they are a waste...why the hell am I seeing homeless and millions and suicides and death statistics and military shows and horror violence ,when all that matters is this .

Sheesh not another one! Can't you use Google yourself either?

Message 13 of 69
See Most Recent

Sure can,but if thats your answer you should use it as well,as no facts are there, only possible relations...thanks for the sheesh though ,it helps me understand peoples views and opinions better .

Message 14 of 69
See Most Recent

@joamur_gosof wrote:

Sure can,but if thats your answer you should use it as well,as no facts are there, only possible relations...thanks for the sheesh though ,it helps me understand peoples views and opinions better .

Look at the effect of smoke on those with asthma - doesn't seem to be any arguments there

Message 15 of 69
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Look at the effects of aspartame they put in any drink, sweets and food they can think off............

It's all smoke screens and mirrors.

Keep your eye on the real ball guys.

Message 16 of 69
See Most Recent

Irrespective of whether or not aspartame is 'safe' I think most right thinking people would object to an adult physically forcing a child to consume a drink containing it yet that is what is effectively happening in relation to smoke in a car.

Message 17 of 69
See Most Recent

The thing is though creeky ,do you need telling by law ,I get the impression you have your head screwed on and in such a case I don't really understand how you think its good the law and government need involving.Thousands of children die a week due to irrisponsible smoking....is this what your seeing in todays world ?

Message 18 of 69
See Most Recent

@joamur_gosof wrote:

The thing is though creeky ,do you need telling by law ,I get the impression you have your head screwed on and in such a case I don't really understand how you think its good the law and government need involving.Thousands of children die a week due to irrisponsible smoking....is this what your seeing in todays world ?

Laws restricting certain behaviour, (e.g. sale of cigarettes and alcohol to children), are not there to restrict the behaviour of the responsible but rather to ensure the compliance of the irresponsible.

I would never smoke in a car when children were present so it doesn't affect me.  The only reason I can see for arguing against the law is if you want to be able to smoke in a car with child passengers!

Message 19 of 69
See Most Recent

ps walking up a hill doesn't do asthma sufferers much good either...should the law come down on areas with hills...err maybe next week .

Message 20 of 69
See Most Recent