Is it time that our laws and sentences relating to treason were reviewed?

Wel I doubt some would want it.

Alaa Abdullah Esayed, 22, posted 45,600 tweets in just under a year and used photo-sharing  site to post picture's of corpses and prisoners being beheaded. A Muslim woman who called for Muslims everywhere in the world to KILL the English (I wonder if that might have influenced the Tunisia gunman?). And others to come?

Inciting terrorism...Lets just think about that for a minute...those are some serious charges. Why the judge thinks it is acceptable to give her a measly three and half years is beyond me. This person finds refuge in a civilised country and promptly seeks to overthrow in favour of a system based on superstition, murder and terror. What price gratitude, honour and honesty with these people?''

Are we to believe no one else close to her knew what was going on?  How many of the 45,600 tweeters knew. Grasp the reality's, here. She might just might have influenced the Tunisian gunman. And lord knows who else to come?

And they are letting her out in our country AGAIN. No doubt to live next door to Cameron or the judges. No of course not. Next door to someone who dosen't know she wants to KILL them. And quite a reward of life on the taxpayer's.

That's our leaders for you. The world has changed.  And we wait for our leaders to change. But not just now. Later, later, later, later, later after the next attack!  Er....MAYBE?   

Message 1 of 33
See Most Recent
32 REPLIES 32

Man LOL Well I knew he was going to 'creep' out and try something.  Well I have no choice but to reply:

'Is it time that our laws and sentences relating to treason were reviewed?'  Is the topic on this thread.  Updated thoughts (that's the difference) from the other thread which was 'Iraq woman dubbed the twitter terrorist...' Which you had no comment on Man Wink You found no problem though commenting on this thread in an effort (as usual) cause me some damage. But (as usual) you fail.

My words were: ''Well why not keep it on that thread eh?''   Not why start a new thread?   But why not use YOUR words eh?

I know the rest of it Man Wink  Try again some other time.  And I'm sure you will Man LOL   

Message 3 of 33
See Most Recent

Goodness knows why you assume creeky is out to 'cause you some damage' Smiley Frustrated

I see no difference between 'why not keep it on that thread?' and 'why start a new thread?'

gooseandgander.png

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 4 of 33
See Most Recent

@suzieseaside wrote:

Goodness knows why you assume creeky is out to 'cause you some damage' Smiley Frustrated

I see no difference between 'why not keep it on that thread?' and 'why start a new thread?'

gooseandgander.png

Smiley LOL  STICK around.   You usually do Man Wink  Oh, YOU could always say something about the topicMan Wink  

Well I may be back tomorrow.  So its all yours.

TAT tar.

Message 5 of 33
See Most Recent

Paranoia (noun) -

: a serious mental illness that causes you to falsely believe that other people are trying to harm you

: an unreasonable feeling that people are trying to harm you, do not like you, etc.

Message 6 of 33
See Most Recent

@merehazle wrote:

Smiley LOL  STICK around.   You usually do Man Wink  Oh, YOU could always say something about the topicMan Wink  

TAT tar.

No need to SHOUT! Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 33
See Most Recent

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

@merehazle wrote:

TAT tar.

''No need to shout'' Man LOL' Still searching are we? How desperate you are. You answer for her. And she answers for you.

Oh, before I go you may need a little help. I'm sure it will be comingMan Wink

I must say that was very amusing.  And very revealing.   Paranoia, and falsely believe? Falsely?  Man LOL

Right we really must go for a few beers and some music.

Enjoy. 

Message 8 of 33
See Most Recent

Ladies - and menfolk

It's a very interesting topic albeit an addition to another thread.

Please let us not fall out over the issue of whether it should have been a new thread or added to an existing one because in a way, still the terrorists are getting results.

Mere - I don't know if it is possible but you could report your first post and ask the mods if they can merge the two threads, if you want to.

Adding to the discussion, I really hope someone complains about the leniency of it and it is reviewed and increased.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 9 of 33
See Most Recent

@merehazle wrote:

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

@merehazle wrote:

TAT tar.

''No need to shout'' Man LOL' Still searching are we? How desperate you are. You answer for her. And she answers for you.

Oh, before I go you may need a little help. I'm sure it will be comingMan Wink

I must say that was very amusing.  And very revealing.   Paranoia, and falsely believe? Falsely?  Man LOL

Right we really must go for a few beers and some music.

Enjoy. 

My apologies 🙂

Just couldn't resist those replies Smiley LOL

Just look at your post #2 and #5 on this thread :- http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/The-Round-Table/Where-did-it-all-start/m-p/4305194#U4305194

Message 10 of 33
See Most Recent

Unless people alter who they vote for in the UK very little, if anything, will change.

Message 11 of 33
See Most Recent

"Voting" won't make any difference. The same people will still control things.

I would've thought that was blindingly obvious by now, but not so apparently!

Message 12 of 33
See Most Recent

And who controls things?......the EU of course. And things are going along swimmingly....exactly as planned.
Message 13 of 33
See Most Recent

Treason, harsher penalties

Yer having a laugh,

in 5 or ten years, they'll be sitting in Parliament,

like the Murders/Leaders of PIRA, are in the Northern Ireland Assembly

Thatcher & BLiar have a lot to answer for,

btw, Cameron has issued some letters of pardon too

Message 14 of 33
See Most Recent

@astrologica wrote:
And who controls things?......the EU of course. And things are going along swimmingly....exactly as planned.

The "EU" is only a kind of code-word.  It stands for another world-force, who no-one can name. Unless we want to get in big trouble.

Message 15 of 33
See Most Recent

Did you vote Conservative last time round?  If so you have no-one else to blame but yourself.

Message 16 of 33
See Most Recent

@ravendays wrote:

Did you vote Conservative last time round?  If so you have no-one else to blame but yourself.

Anyone who "votes" for a politician, of any party, is only asking to get screwed.

Message 17 of 33
See Most Recent

@ravendays wrote:

Actually I  did not .  And perhaps you can enlighten us a little more? I don't think there's much difference between ALL main parties.

We have had decades of politicians setting the agenda and leading from the front, and yet the demise of the UK as expressed by the culture of it's people and it's institutions continues relentlessly.

Anyway, re: the Muslim extremists: I'm amazed at how many want to justify and condone the extremists actions. This is NOT a Christian v's Muslim issue, this is good v's evil issue. Any person who acts like a sadistic, barbaric, power mongering  monster should be taken down irrelevant of their religion.

The people as a whole should not tolerate these cowardly tactics at ALL.  That must include the woman terrorists tweeter, who tweeted 45,000 tweets. Some asking for Muslim terrorist to KILL the English. What right has that evil woman to be free ever again?  WE were helping her?  Put to our people I rather suspect she would be HUNG. About 2-years, and she will be Free. To live next door to you perhaps? Or next door to Cameron perhaps? Well he was quite about this sentence wasn't he.

These extremists, are twisted, screwed up people who are using religion as an EXCUSE to act as hideously as they are. Anybody who condones the behaviours of the extremists are part of the problem, they are condoning murder and torture, both physical and mental of children, women, men and animals.

Message 18 of 33
See Most Recent

Under the law of the UK high treason is the crime of disloyalty to the Crown.Offences constituting high treason include plotting the murder of the sovereign; committing adultery with the sovereign's consort, with the sovereign's eldest unmarried daughter, or with the wife of the heir to the throne; levying war against the sovereign and adhering to the sovereign's enemies, giving them aid or comfort; and attempting to undermine the lawfully established line of suvccession. Several other crimes have historically been categorised as high treason, including counterfeiting money and being a Catholic priest.

High treason was formerly distinguished from petty treason, a treason committed against a subject of the sovereign, the scope of which was limited by statute to the murder of a legal superior. Petty treason comprised the murder of a master by his servant, of a husband by his wife, or of a bishop. Petty treason ceased to be a distinct offence from murder in 1828, and consequently high treason is today often referred to simply as treason.

Considered to be the most serious of offences, high treason was often met with extraordinary punishment, because it threatened the security of the state. Hanging, drawing and quartering  was often employed. The last treason trial was that of William Joyce (aka Lord Haw Haw) who was executed in 1946.

Since the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 became law, the maximum sentence for treason in the UK has been life imprisonment.

It seems nobody has been tried for treason in this country since 1946, hanging was still in force at the time but now the maximum sentence is life imprisonment. The problem with life sentencing is that they are rarely if ever whole life terms, only last week someone was jailed for life for murder with a recommendation that they serve no less than 5 years. How can that possibly be interpreted as a life sentence? the term is completely meaningless under the current sentencing guidelines. I think the actions of the Muslim woman in the op certainly meet the criteria for committing treason but if she'd received a life term the recommendation probably wouldn't have been more than 3 1/2 years. That in my view will hardly be a discouragement to others of her ilk from following suit. It is high time the government took this threat more seriously.

Message 19 of 33
See Most Recent

@jd.linklater wrote:

Under the law of the UK high treason is the crime of disloyalty to the Crown.Offences constituting high treason include plotting the murder of the sovereign; committing adultery with the sovereign's consort, with the sovereign's eldest unmarried daughter, or with the wife of the heir to the throne; levying war against the sovereign and adhering to the sovereign's enemies, giving them aid or comfort; and attempting to undermine the lawfully established line of suvccession. Several other crimes have historically been categorised as high treason, including counterfeiting money and being a Catholic priest.

High treason was formerly distinguished from petty treason, a treason committed against a subject of the sovereign, the scope of which was limited by statute to the murder of a legal superior. Petty treason comprised the murder of a master by his servant, of a husband by his wife, or of a bishop. Petty treason ceased to be a distinct offence from murder in 1828, and consequently high treason is today often referred to simply as treason.

Considered to be the most serious of offences, high treason was often met with extraordinary punishment, because it threatened the security of the state. Hanging, drawing and quartering  was often employed. The last treason trial was that of William Joyce (aka Lord Haw Haw) who was executed in 1946.

Since the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 became law, the maximum sentence for treason in the UK has been life imprisonment.

It seems nobody has been tried for treason in this country since 1946, hanging was still in force at the time but now the maximum sentence is life imprisonment. The problem with life sentencing is that they are rarely if ever whole life terms, only last week someone was jailed for life for murder with a recommendation that they serve no less than 5 years. How can that possibly be interpreted as a life sentence? the term is completely meaningless under the current sentencing guidelines. I think the actions of the Muslim woman in the op certainly meet the criteria for committing treason but if she'd received a life term the recommendation probably wouldn't have been more than 3 1/2 years. That in my view will hardly be a discouragement to others of her ilk from following suit. It is high time the government took this threat more seriously.

The government won't do anything, because they have been indoctrinated into Political Correctness.

That means they will let Muslims gradually take over. Until Muslim laws are introduced into the UK.  Can't you see it coming?

Message 20 of 33
See Most Recent