How many of you is going to take in Refugees

How many people on Ebay would take a refugee family into there own home?..... I wouldnt.....
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 112
See Most Recent
111 REPLIES 111

I wouldn't either....
Message 2 of 112
See Most Recent

and me makes three ! I would not either.

Message 3 of 112
See Most Recent

I would ,helping people in need is in my nature ..mainly because I am a human .The only thing stopping me making a place where everyone can live together in peace is the fact every year I pay more and more and have less and less to fund all the things I am told I have to but dont want to as I believe the things I am told I have to fund are beyond the realm of needed and in the realm of wanted...and that I do not want to help .

Message 4 of 112
See Most Recent

Im still waiting for lord and lady xxx that have a house with 100 empty rooms to offer someone a home..
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 5 of 112
See Most Recent

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irelands-homeless-crisis-repossessions-set-6389803..and someone to give these people a home too.
Message 6 of 112
See Most Recent

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irelands-homeless-crisis-repossessions-set-6389803
Message 7 of 112
See Most Recent

I wouldn't either...for reasons already stated on a previous thread.  Why have I got this overwhelming feeling that this mass exodus is all part of the 'Big Plan'?  

Message 8 of 112
See Most Recent

@astrologica wrote:

I wouldn't either...for reasons already stated on a previous thread.  Why have I got this overwhelming feeling that this mass exodus is all part of the 'Big Plan'?  

.........http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/09/just-wait-islamic-state-says-it-has-smuggled-1000s-of-jihadis-into...
Message 9 of 112
See Most Recent

I mean a 'Plan' even bigger than that. A 'New World Order' sort of plan.😧

Message 10 of 112
See Most Recent

A petition calling for the Government to accept more asylum seekers has now gained more than 300,000 signatures - three times the number required for the matter to be considered for a debate in Parliament. More than 2,000 Brits have offered to give a bed to refugees fleeing conflict or persecution. Have your say by voting below before 6pm this evening. Sorry, this content isn't available on your device. Would you house refugees in your home? (Poll Closed) Yes 7.46% No 92.54% I think the No,s win..
Message 11 of 112
See Most Recent

@tommy.irene wrote:
A petition calling for the Government to accept more asylum seekers has now gained more than 300,000 signatures - three times the number required for the matter to be considered for a debate in Parliament. More than 2,000 Brits have offered to give a bed to refugees fleeing conflict or persecution. Have your say by voting below before 6pm this evening. Sorry, this content isn't available on your device. Would you house refugees in your home? (Poll Closed) Yes 7.46% No 92.54% I think the No,s win..

7% + of households who would be willing to house refugees is far higher than I would have expected!  If representative of the population as a whole it means that about one and a half million households are willing to take in refugees.

Message 12 of 112
See Most Recent

But how long would they be willing to take them for? A month? Two months? Six months? Indefinitely? There is an alarming lack of detail and planning about these offers.

Message 13 of 112
See Most Recent

@astrologica wrote:

But how long would they be willing to take them for? A month? Two months? Six months? Indefinitely? There is an alarming lack of detail and planning about these offers.

I have exactly the same concerns as you Astro. I certainly wouldn't take any in either, giving refuge to asylum seekers and others will only encourage more to make the attempt. An increase in population on this expected scale is simply not sustainable here. The UK as a whole is the 15th most densely populated nation on the planet, when you consider that around 85% of the UK population live in England that makes us the 5th most populous country with 413 residents per sq. km. France has roughly the same population as the UK but their density is only 118 per sq. km. London alone has a population of 8.25million, that's more than the population of Austria, Switzerland or Israel.  Our public services are already at breaking point, we don't have enough housing or school places or NHS services to adequately support our own population, any more immigrants are going to put these services under an intolerable strain.

In my opinion granting asylum should only ever be a stop gap option until the situation in the refugees' home countries improve. How many are likely ever to return to their countries of origin when once they have been given free housing and schooling and taken advantage of our generous welfare system?

I haven't seen or heard of any offers forthcoming from across the Atlantic to rehouse any of those seeking asylum, quite surprising really when you consider it was largely their foreign policy in the Middle East that has indirectly led to the current situation. I think it's only right they should take their fair share of the intolerable burden being put on the EU.

Message 14 of 112
See Most Recent

Sure the UK is one of the most densely populated countries but have you ever asked yourself why it is also one of the richest countries.  It certainly isn't down to an abundance of natural resources which only leaves its population as the creator of its wealth.

Message 15 of 112
See Most Recent

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

which only leaves its population as the creator of its wealth.

That might be the case at the moment, but we are quickly approaching the situation in which the private sector workers who not only support the public sector workers and those on benefits will become the minority.... What's going to happen then ?

Bleeding heart liberalism is okay in society but these bleeding heart liberals should look at the long term picture and not what's put in front of them at that moment.

Mr Cameron is correct in saying that we will accept 20,000 refugees in the next 5 years but only the ones picked from the refugee camps in Syria none of these ones demanding entry now.

These way we will not only be helping but we will also be in a position to only let people in who will give to our country and not just take from it.

Message 16 of 112
See Most Recent

Tut...

Refugees is plural

How many of you are going to take in .....

Message 17 of 112
See Most Recent

If the bombing of Syria goes ahead as proposed by Cameron and his cohorts in parliament we should expect even more refugees heading our way because it is wars above all else that creates refugees in the first place,How anyone can think that dropping more bombs will somehow solve the manysided conflict is beyond me.The upsurge in support for the refugees from ordinary members of the public has been fantastic,but Cameron and the rest of the warmongers see this support and sympathy for the refugees as a pretext for further military action in Syria.They will try through the pliant media to shift public opinion along to pro bombing lines,all for the good of the Syrian people you understand,Just look at the mess we left behind in Libya with the same propsed action in Syria!

We are many,They are few
Message 18 of 112
See Most Recent

Just remind me,how many wars did Blair drag us in to ?

Message 19 of 112
See Most Recent

Very true,another warmonger

We are many,They are few
Message 20 of 112
See Most Recent