Here we go - Come on England

England’s World Cup campaign starts right now - fingers crossed for a good start. 😉

Message 1 of 84
See Most Recent
83 REPLIES 83

I can’t watch them! 😳
Message 2 of 84
See Most Recent

Phew!

Come on England!

Message 3 of 84
See Most Recent

Looks like they won their first game, despite considering to be at a disadvantage due to long daylight hours hampering their rest.

Sun sets at 2330 and rises again at 0300.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 84
See Most Recent

How long until it's all over?😫😫

Message 5 of 84
See Most Recent

We’re going all the way so another month until the final - then there will be the open bus tour, celebrations in each of the player’s home towns and of course the welcome at their home club - that should bring us to the start of the new season 🙂

Message 6 of 84
See Most Recent

What a game -brilliant -through to the knockout stage with a game in hand - Yessssss!

Message 7 of 84
See Most Recent

It's started again

A narrow win against Tunisia - who ?

Then a win against Panama

who finished a distant third in Qualifying from Concacaf

that included a defeat by Trinidad and Tobago and a 4-0 spanking from the US

But IT's Coming Home  

scratching-head-smiley-emoticon_zpslaymac0t.gif

Message 8 of 84
See Most Recent

And of course, after only 2 games

Kane's going to Win the Golden boot

Message 9 of 84
See Most Recent

Cynical Al? (You're right though). We'll see how they get on against a top team?

It always annoys me that "the press" start crowing when there's the possibility of something. Like, the cricket! Before the game, according to the press England were easily gonna whitewash Australia then suddenly, they lost five cheap wickets in next to no time but then managed to juuuuuuuust scramble a win (all credit to Buttler though).

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 84
See Most Recent

Come on guys!

Why knock it when we, (England), are doing well?  

Too many are pessimistic when it comes to England’s chances, whether it be athletics, tennis, football, cricket or any other sport - what’s the point?  Sport is there to be enjoyed, both as participants and as spectators.

Look for the positives and take delight in your own and other’s achievements.  Makes games far more enjoyable, to watch or play, to look for the positives in a loss rather than the negatives in a win.  Anyone who watched the game against Panama saw the absolute delight on the faces of Panama’s supporters when they scored their first ever World Cup goal.  I’d lay odds that not one of those supporters would have changed their minds about going to the game had they known they were to lose 6-1.

It hurts when you travel hundreds of miles to watch your team play away on a cold wet night and you come away with a loss - but you’re not alone - there are thousands of fans feeling the same as you do but still looking forward to the next match convinced your team were hard done by and will show the World how good they are in the next match.

Being ‘involved’ is one of the great pleasures in life.

Message 11 of 84
See Most Recent

Well said sir, I couldn’t agree with you more! We haven’t had any meaningful success at football on an international level for some time and it is great to see the team get a couple of victories under their belts at this early stage! We always need to temper our enthusiasm given the history however let us enjoy the moment while we can. Take each game as it comes and don’t be too expectant of the young team, that way any win is a bonus and losses add to their experience!
Message 12 of 84
See Most Recent

The reaction of the Panama fans at the goal was for me, one of the highlights of the tournament so far.

Message 13 of 84
See Most Recent

When will they start playing the real games? 🙂

Message 14 of 84
See Most Recent

Tonight’s the night.

Message 15 of 84
See Most Recent

There’s no football tomorrow - all those sport haters can watch their cooking, gardening, celebrity and game show programs. 🙂

Message 16 of 84
See Most Recent

Job done 🙂

Message 17 of 84
See Most Recent

Why is it no one comes out and says it - they deliberately threw that game - and in my opinion fair play to them.

played the second team and there did not seem any urgency as the best outcome was to lose! Never thought i’d be sitting there hoping we lost. All they have to do now is play to there best ability and they should reach the final.

Message 18 of 84
See Most Recent

@goldenwonders wrote:

Why is it no one comes out and says it - they deliberately threw that game - and in my opinion fair play to them.

played the second team and there did not seem any urgency as the best outcome was to lose! Never thought i’d be sitting there hoping we lost. All they have to do now is play to there best ability and they should reach the final.

Belgium made 9 changes as against our 8 - I have to say I was disappointed that the players didn’t seem to take the opportunity to show what they could do and put themselves in contention for a “first” team place.

At least the game didn’t become a yellow card fest which it could easily have done if the score had remained level.  

You’re right about the lack of urgency - just look at the Belgium goal, none of our defenders were within a yard of Belgium’s players.

Still we are now in the supposedly easier side of the draw - Columbia have never beaten us - Gareth Southgate has provided the rope with which he can be “hung” if we don’t win.

Message 19 of 84
See Most Recent

Neither side needed to win, neither side really wanted to win and the reality was neither side was really trying. It was an opportunity to test out other players in readiness for any possible injury/suspension.

I knew before the game we would not make any great effort - no one wants to lose, BUT which is better,  winning and going out to Brazil, France or Argentina at the next stage or going on to hopefully the final and going for it against whoever is lucky enough to get there.

I think it ironic that we've had better teams/managers in the past and yet this team may just do what others have previously failed to do 'Win the World Cup'!

The one thing I think it has done is raise the question - 'should it not be just a draw for who plays who at the knockout stages - just like the FA Cup - that way we could have just gone out to win because we would not have known who we were likely to meet in the next round.

Message 20 of 84
See Most Recent