Here we go - Come on England

England’s World Cup campaign starts right now - fingers crossed for a good start. 😉

Message 1 of 84
See Most Recent
83 REPLIES 83

I think if we shoved creeky in an an empty room for a while, we'd be hearing him still arguing with himself a few days later. laughing

I didn't say "expect them to lose", I said cautious optimism.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 81 of 84
See Most Recent

http://newsthump.com/2018/07/12/people-briefly-interested-in-football-relieved-that-they-can-go-back...

"Harry Johnson, a Leeds supporter since 1964, told us, “I’m pleased that the lads have had the experience of a big tournament and that they’ll learn from it.

“But the most important thing in my eyes is that new fans pile as much pressure on them as we can, burden them with unrealistic expectations and see how anxious we can make them for the next one.

“History has taught is that it’s the only way to success.” grinning

We are many,They are few
Message 82 of 84
See Most Recent

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

As a Brighton season ticket holder it’s easy to forget that just 20 years ago we had lost our ground, (sold by that carpet bagger Archer), and were facing Hereford in a game which if we lost would see us drop out of the Football League.

I’m already looking forward to Euro 20 which of course England are going to win!  Football’s Coming Home.

Too True: Our football clubs have both been the victims of being in the depths of football despair - we both think we're going to win when our teams meet - and we both agree we'll win euro 2020 - although me being totally unbiased and being Welsh hope its Wales who win it! I supported England ...and always do when Wales are not there, because I'm British! AND I'm still confident that Engalnd are quite capable of beating Belgium for 3rd place - despite them having two of the best players in the tournament in Hazard and Lukaku.

To add to me being over optimistic..   I always try to show a positive side - do you think Gareth Southgate went into last nights game saying 'look lads you've got a chance' - if he did he should be sacked for not telling them 'You can win it - if you play to the best of your ability and above all .... BELIEVE you can win it'!

Message 83 of 84
See Most Recent

,,,,lllpp;.png

Message 84 of 84
See Most Recent