Gender sensitivity

language that refers explicitly or implicitly to only one gender, and ensuring, through inclusionary alternatives and according to each language’s characteristics, the use of gender-sensitive and inclusive language.
Given that students are being marked down for not applying the above principles I think we need to review the BUP in order to reflect that we on here are fully gender inclusive and do not in any way undermine anyone through our written word on the basis of gender!
Who invents this stuff and why? Surely it's ok for her indoors to do the laundry whilst his nibs goes out to work? And for him to expect his dinner to be on the table when he gets home from the pub? Isn't that how It works?
Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

Gender sensitivity

Smiley Very Happyhmmm

Petal
Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

In our house....Glyn comes home from work and then we

A go out for a meal

or B get a takeaway

Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

Smiley LOL

Petal
Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

Now we have David Moyes in trouble for telling a female journalist who had just finished asking him some typically banal post match questions that she could get a slap, said out of frustration and jest it has been jumped on by feminists demanding that he gets sacked, Have women completely lost there sense of humour or is it humour on their terms😉
Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

It's humour on the terms of those viewing/listening/criticising it.

It takes all sorts to make a World but unfortunately the nutcases seem to be taking over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aItpjF5vXc

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

I agree CD but what is humour and what is acceptable these days. I know I tread very carefully on here mindful of getting told off as one does however as I get older so to does my humour, much of it is no longer deemed appropriate so is it up to me to change or for others to accept the generation gap. I still laugh at Les Dawson especially in drag and yet for many in the LGBT And feminist community he is a dinosaur, 

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

I think impersonal humour, so long as it's not vulgar is OK.

I don't find those "comediams" funny who use expletives in every sentence.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

Soon we might all need a degree in what we can say, and what we can't say. 

Whatever happened to 'Freedom of Speech'. Within reason of course. 

Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

This David Moyes incident has been blown up out of all proportion. If you see the clip, it's plainly obvious that he was joking, and even the lady in question didn't take offence. If he said that to me I would invite him to try it, but to make sure his family jewels were well protected whilst doing so.

When I look back forty years or so, and remember some of the abuse that my colleagues and I had to put up with, just because we were women.....well...we laughed it off and gave back as good as we got.

Political correctness.......it's crazy.

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

Its a sign of the times.

No respect for anyone and anything goes, sad really.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

Surely the David Moyes comments indicates a level of reverse discrimination.  He made the 'slap' comment then after a short delay added the comment, "even though you are a woman", which to me suggests that he treats the genders at least equally and in most circumstances females with an even higher level of respect than males.

Shouldn't we be examining the threat of violence rather than who it is directed at, (that was gender neutral).  In the circumstances that the 'threat' was made though it appears to have been made in a lighthearted manner.

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

Use the term MAN - it has no gender

it is short for Human - love to see Oxford Uni - trying to disprove that

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

I agree with Astro, it's a jokey remark that's been blown out of all proportion.

At first before I saw the clip,  from what I heard I thought he had threatened her physically or verbally.

I couldn't believe it when I saw a bit of banter and the woman laughing.

Has no one got a sense of humour now, that every remark is to be taken offence at.

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender sensitivity

One is not allowed to offend the sensibilies of any minority group in the slightest way with just one exception.

White straight males.  Sexism has been redefined by SJWs so don't bother to look in a dictionary.

We live in the age of the victim, where victimhood is sought and prized. Thought crime is creeping in, the ability to walk on eggshells will be an important skill.

Gender sensitivity

....and what about Rainbow Sheep. 

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent