Darwin Awards

Four dim chavs decide to get drunk then go swimming in the sea at midnight on the stormiest night of the year. What could possibly go wrong?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-30759090

Let's hope they hadn't already passed on their defective genes.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Darwin Awards

Hello

I live in Brighton & went out for dinner at friends yesterday evening & indeed on my way back home early evening the wind was so strong that I could have flown away if my friend did not hold onto me Woman LOL

However it is a very sad state of affairs & a waste of life indeed Woman Sad

Common sense whilst inebriated can be indeed deadly !!!

I feel for the family that will have lost a loved one under this condition regardless  !!!

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Darwin Awards

If only EVERYBODY'S actions cost them and them alone, instead of other people, the World would be a MUCH better place. It seems to be beyond the Mental capability of Homo Sapiens, to work out that for every action; there is a reaction and decisions very rarely effect just those that make / take them.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Darwin Awards

There is so much wrong with that opening post - both in terms of fact and of attitude.

First there is no mention in any of the reports that the four friends were drunk.

Secondly they had not decided to go swimming - one of the four got knocked from his feet by a large wave and was swept out to sea - the second victim was maybe foolish but also very brave in that he gave his life to try and save his friend by going into the sea to attempt to rescue him.

I just don't understand how anyone can make such a mocking post on a public forum over such a tragic event and further twist the facts to presumably try and raise a laugh.

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Darwin Awards

The early reports on several websites certainly gave the impression that what Sir A said was right.

However, "the press" often give out information which is completely wrong, don't trust "the press"?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Darwin Awards

I think you are being generous considering the report linked to in the OP

"Sussex Police said they believed the second man to have been swept out to sea had gone to the rescue of the first. "

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Darwin Awards

Ah, but I didn't just look at the BBC.

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Darwin Awards

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/11/bodies-two-men-sea-brighton

Bodies of two men swept out to sea found near Brighton
Dan Nicholls was knocked off his feet by a wave in high winds, and friend Freddie Reynolds dived in to try to save him

We are many,They are few
Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Darwin Awards

Early reports said that four men had "been on a night out to celebrate one of them emigrating" and also spoke of men "swimming in the sea".

Now, many news sites have been updated with more accurate information. It's not easy to find old news because they leave the original time/date on the site but show that it's "updated" when what they really mean is it's been edited with errors and wrong information corrected.

Live long and prosper.

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Darwin Awards

The report I read said they were daring each other to stand as close as possible to the edge of the sea.

Alcohol increases bravado and accidents happen. 

It is not possible to eliminate all risk from life, and nor should we try to.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent