Churchill

Today we have been reminded that Winston Churchill led this country to stop us being taken over by foreigners who hated us.

While all of our recent 'leaders' have, without asking us, given away our country to foreigners who hate us.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 61
See Most Recent
60 REPLIES 60

Churchill

Well said that man, possibly the most distinguished politician ever, he motivated the populace, he mocked the evil axis but he also gave his all.fast forward, the Germans are our friends, our allies the Russians are once more our enemy, Europe has remained largely peaceful, So we buddy up in a great experiment, The Greeks celebrate the new millennium with a return to Athens of the Olympic Games, build a few roads, some hotels, a bit of infrastructure while it's population play Backgammon and sip pastis. Nobody pays tax , what a great idea. Then shock horror they run out of money. Ireland is quietly baled out by the UK on condition that the farmers can keep their Mercs and BMWs. Spain, Europe's playground takes a hammering, rustic chalets complete with hot tub sold to bankers for thousands prove to be worth no more than the build cost, property market implodes.
France launches a new aircraft carrier, sells other ships to the Russians, places aircraft carrier into refit. Sarkozy gives way to Holland and they sip Champagne and make mad passionate. Meanwhile the poles rush to the uk to save our service industries from collapse and unlike many Brits manage to live on the minimum wage. In lincolnshire English is now the second language but we have fresh veg, cheap and on demand. Italy lurches toward default, the Euro seems doomed and those for whom speculation is key drool over rich pickings to be had. Enter Nigel Farage, the new Churchill or the bankers friend? You decide.
Message 2 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

The poles rush here to live on minimum wage and save our industry ? Unlike the British ? 

Message 3 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

That's what happens when parents bring up their kids with unrealistic expectations and zero work ethic.
Message 4 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

On the news today was a bit about an elderly man who had been beaten to smithereens by 4 young polish burglers. They really smashed up his face and the photo's were very upsetting to say the least. Turns out, they all had a string of convictions back in Poland - 32 between them. WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO COME HERE. If they had been refused entry, that poor man would not have had this awful trauma. Whats the betting they are allowed to stay when they get out of prison.

I wish they would let me run the country. You'd see a few changes !!!

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 5 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

Yes I saw that too, the guy was such a mess after the actions of those individuals. Sadly there are more stories which show young Brits attacking pensioners it is truly obscene and totally unforgivable. There is good and bad in all society and sadly it is something we have to acknowledge
Message 6 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

where are the stories in poland of english burglars beating oaps that we have to acknowledge...show me please if I am to accept your idea it happens

Message 7 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

@fallen-archie wrote:
That's what happens when parents bring up their kids with unrealistic expectations and zero work ethic.

What in the name of anything this biased sentence got to do with churchill,if you dont mind me asking ?

Message 8 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

Perhaps it would be ok to relate the story of a group of Liverpool based thieves who produced home made explosives to blow up ATMs and get away with the money, after relieving the banks of a substantial sum they went to Spain, the money started to run out so they started again this time in Spain
Message 9 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

crooks will be crooks I agree ..so is this because ''their parents brought their workshy kids up like this''?

Message 10 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

@023mjc wrote:

On the news today was a bit about an elderly man who had been beaten to smithereens by 4 young polish burglers. They really smashed up his face and the photo's were very upsetting to say the least. Turns out, they all had a string of convictions back in Poland - 32 between them. WHY ARE THEY ALLOWED TO COME HERE. If they had been refused entry, that poor man would not have had this awful trauma. Whats the betting they are allowed to stay when they get out of prison.

I wish they would let me run the country. You'd see a few changes !!!

Of course there is good and bad in all.  Unforetunatley particularly over the last 18 years, our leaders (starting with Blair) as the OP' says: ''without asking us, have given away our country''.

Yes, they say it was a good thing.  It certainly was for jobs for the boys Smiley Wink

Why was it considered a 'good thing' to have immigrants from EU countries?  Is it because nearly all of them come from nations that have cultures fashioned some time in the last century, or for some even the last half century, by fascists/feudal governments and/or forces of occupation and that they will therefore find the increasing totalitarianism of the EU and it's poodles in Westminster more acceptable, far more than the obstreperous native Brits who with their history have an annoying habit of loving freedom from oppression  and so, in time, as the proportions of newcomers rise, the population and its culture will be so much more amenable to the dictatorial feudal fourth European/ Frankish empire envisaged by our masters? Was that also perhaps why, unlike France and others,  we had to sever our links with our kith and kin overseas as a prerequisite to joining the EEC/EU?  

Message 11 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

I have nothing against polish (or any other nationality) if they are good decent citizens. What I object to is thier criminal history not being checked, and all and sundry turning up. Yes there are native brits who are dishonest and violent too, which just upholds my opinion. We have enough thugs of our own without importing more.

If you watch crime watch on the telly when they are asking for help in finding thugs,rapists etc, it is very rare these days for the perpetrator to be a native brit, and it always turns out they have records in thier own country as well as here.. So many victims would have been safe if these people had been barred from Britain. What makes it worse is when they come out of prison they are allowed to stay because of thier human rights. They should have all rights revoked. If they want a family life the wife and kids can go back with them if they choose. I would rather have a wife and kids here on benefits, than have these animals in our country.

Would they let them into the USA or Australia?

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 12 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

@023mjc wrote:

I have nothing against polish (or any other nationality) if they are good decent citizens. What I object to is thier criminal history not being checked, and all and sundry turning up. Yes there are native brits who are dishonest and violent too, which just upholds my opinion. We have enough thugs of our own without importing more.

If you watch crime watch on the telly when they are asking for help in finding thugs,rapists etc, it is very rare these days for the perpetrator to be a native brit, and it always turns out they have records in thier own country as well as here.. So many victims would have been safe if these people had been barred from Britain. What makes it worse is when they come out of prison they are allowed to stay because of thier human rights. They should have all rights revoked. If they want a family life the wife and kids can go back with them if they choose. I would rather have a wife and kids here on benefits, than have these animals in our country.

Would they let them into the USA or Australia?

I doubt anyone would disagree in principle with the idea of preventing anyone with a serious criminal record from entering the UK - the problem is how do you do it?

Message 13 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

I don't think thats the problem ..how do you stop it as you cant see the future..what should be done is the criminal should be deported immediatley for their own country folk to decide and then banned from all other countries

Message 14 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

afterthought..that is realisticly workable and not at all that difficult with proper goverence.seeing the future however...

Message 15 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

I don't think Winston Churchill would stand for criminals getting in to the country illegally then being allowed to claim assylum, "human rights" or anything else.

The moment you have Laws which give people a way to exploit "the system", it's going to be exploited. Witness the high profile cases of those who used every way possible to stay here before we finally got them out of the country.

The Law needs changing so that no matter what the circumstances, if you've either entered the country illegally, entered the country with false documents or with false information (like failing to disclose criminal convictions) you will be deported immediately to your country of origin without argument.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 16 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

or even if you are here legally and commit a crime (either against an individual) or against a community...or at very least in the second scenario let the community crimed against decide.

It really is a beyond nonsense set up having an office that knows nothing decide what's best...human rights is a very very good thing (should not be needed) but when used against the honest to support the dishonest,a day is too long to put up with it.

Message 17 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

@cee-dee wrote:

I don't think Winston Churchill would stand for criminals getting in to the country illegally then being allowed to claim assylum, "human rights" or anything else.

The moment you have Laws which give people a way to exploit "the system", it's going to be exploited. Witness the high profile cases of those who used every way possible to stay here before we finally got them out of the country.

The Law needs changing so that no matter what the circumstances, if you've either entered the country illegally, entered the country with false documents or with false information (like failing to disclose criminal convictions) you will be deported immediately to your country of origin without argument.

I'm not sure about the 'false documents' case - my memory might be failing but I seem to remember a number of genuine asylum seekers, (during the period of apartheid in South Africa and also during the Cold War), using false documents to gain access to the UK.

Message 18 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

Would they have been permitted entry by "legal" means? If so, why enter illegally?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 19 of 61
See Most Recent

Churchill

@cee-dee wrote:

Would they have been permitted entry by "legal" means? If so, why enter illegally?

They needed false documents to escape from their homeland and used these same documents to enter the UK - if you were escaping detention, as some SA journalists were if I rightly recall, would you risk being returned as soon as you left the aircraft by revealing your documents were false?

I'm also sure that you are correct that Winston Churchill would have taken a tough stance on this subject, especially when you consider his shameful complicity over the forced repatriation of the Cossacks and the Russian slave workers who had been forced to work for Germany at the end of WWII.

Message 20 of 61
See Most Recent