And you won't need a long memory for this one

Remember, before the referendum, how the EU ( France, Germany & its president ) were trying to put us off voting to come out; by telling us it would take years to get out.  Well NOW, the president of France.......Francois Hollande; says he wants Britain's exit expedited, as a matter of urgency , to stop, or reduce, any contagion, or thoughts of leaving; spreading to other EU states.  Funny that, isn't it, how conducting business / trade deals with HIM / EU takes YEARS; but when it suits them, they speed things up somewhat.  Also a couple of big businesses, in London, are sounding off about relocating their HQ's to Paris..........MMmmm if they want a taste of REAL EU bureaucracy & meddling, along with France's attitude; which make getting anything done a nightmare.........let them go.  We've got a family member whose lived in France for 48 years and she says the overall tax burden is horrendous.  If I was PM, the only problem these particular firms would have; is when they wanted to come BACK !!

Message 1 of 14
See Most Recent
13 REPLIES 13

Did you know that the French had a law passed some years ago to remove the right of the people to hold any referendum on Europe. This was because of fears that there was a growing tide of opinion against the EU - in a poll recently it said 61% of French people were not happy in the EU. Interesting eh, would that have happened here in the UK had the result been different?

I think we've just opened a can of worms!

Message 2 of 14
See Most Recent

The despots at the top are certainly shifting to try and stop any further challenges to the very undemocratic, dictatorial quagmire that other countries are finding themselves in.

I wonder if they've bothered to consult with, for example, all those Spanish farmers who have heavily invested in farms which produce food to be sold to the UK?  No small loss of trading to them from the very spiteful revenge tactics from the demi-gods at the top.

Some in the Netherlands are calling for a vote on their Nexit and some in France are definitely calling for a vote too.

And why should any of the millions of Europeans who never signed up or voted for the mad rush of gargantuan growth and nation-engulfing changes be denied their democracy?

Maybe, just maybe, the challenges to being told "that's it, you no longer exist in your own right but have been subsumed and can never leave or change things" will start in earnest.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 3 of 14
See Most Recent

Nobody JOINS the EU...............they're ABSORBED by it.

Message 4 of 14
See Most Recent

And how is it looking,  8 months down the line? 

Message 5 of 14
See Most Recent

It's looking as if we are, at last, on the way to standing on our own two feet, wiping our own backsides, feeding ourselves and deciding what's in the best interests of our OWN country. I confess, we are still dragging some pathetic spoon fed, insecure fledgelings along with us; but in time, hopefully, they'll come to feel that standing on their own two feet in life, will give them a feeling of worth and self fulfillment.

Message 6 of 14
See Most Recent

OP

Could you show us a believable link to where Mr Hollande said this ?

Message 7 of 14
See Most Recent

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/718883/President-Holland-pound-drop-Britain-Brexit-EU-jean-claude-j...

Of course, having provided a link, you will undoubtedly belittle it ; a ploy people like you do all the time, to supposedly make their argument more credible........in their eyes of course. Any link that can be discredited for any reason, no matter how feeble, is obviously not worth the word of God himself; that the refuters can obviously produce.

Message 8 of 14
See Most Recent

Not belittling the link at all - just pointing out that it is 4 months old - hardly new news 

Message 9 of 14
See Most Recent

The point in question was IF he said it, NOT when he said it.........and considering AB's question was regarding my OP.......that was posted on 24th June last year........come on Creeky.....get with the programme.Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 14
See Most Recent

@evoman3957 wrote:

The point in question was IF he said it, NOT when he said it.........and considering AB's question was regarding my OP.......that was posted on 24th June last year........come on Creeky.....get with the programme.Smiley LOL

So that link didn't exist when you made your OP 🙂   Spooky

Spoiler

Message 11 of 14
See Most Recent

You're the only person I know who would argue that black is white and up is down Smiley Very Happy Look at it this way, if he said it 2 months or so AFTER my post, he must have thought it, or even said it, 2 months earlier Smiley Happy.....................MMmmm of course, he is a politician; so their mouths aren't connected to their brains on a regular basis.

Message 12 of 14
See Most Recent

Makes the EU sound like the Borg

You will be assimulated

Resistance is futile

Photobucket
Message 13 of 14
See Most Recent

Thought you were just being psychic 🙂

Message 14 of 14