The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

No hiding from the Tax man now

.http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/technology/your-entire-internet-history-to-be-viewable-by-psni-taxman-dwp-and-food-standards-agency-and-other-government-bodies-within-weeks-35242522.html

At risk of..........

At risk of getting my head bit off.......... does anyone know what's happened to Fallen-Archie?

User avatar by Guide
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Another crackdown

So the Government have announced tougher penalties for drivers using a phone at the wheel. Fines and points accrued are to be doubled from today and another 7 day crackdown has been announced with increased police patrols on the lookout for offenders...

Green paper on Defined Benefit Pensions.

Did anyone else see reports on the recent Govt. Green Paper on Defined Benefit Pension Schemes? It seemed to me that the main proposal was to legislate to allow companies with black holes in their pension schemes to change the indexing from the RPI t...

Is there something wrong?

As always, checked my email before I came here this morning, not a single message from ebay. Most unusual. Did the site crash over-night or something?

Half an hour!!!

Its taken me nearly half an hour to get here this morning, like most other people I'm being battered by strong winds and rain. This happens every time the weather turns nasty, strong winds or heavy rain and everything slows down or stops completely. ...

The dangers of plastic waste

Here are a couple of videos showing the damage and distress caused to sea creatures as a result of plastic waste being dumped in our oceans. Very harrowing to watch especially the second one, not for the squeamish. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRi...

One thing you would like to do?

Is there anything you would like to do, but as yet never had the opportunity to do it?. I would so like to do a parachute jump. Maybe given the chance I might chicken out but I it has been in my mind for a long time. I did an abseil once from a hospi...

European Health Ins Card - Advise please....

Do I need medical Ins for a long overdue short break to Italy? I have a current EHI card, will this give me good/free cover?Agent wants to sell me additional cover but with a under control heart condition & recent brain surgery (to remove benign tumo...

Got a Cat

.How to give a cat a pill....Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby.Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat o...

My 'Cofftea' Invention :)

I have invented a new hot drink!.. It is 'Cofftea' I of course was doing several jobs at once, (not that men are known to multi-skill like us ladies can) Anyway I was thirsty, decided on a cup of coffee. As I poured the water into the cup from the ke...

If you think society's sick........

........why do people refuse to look at the obvious......the brain dead sport for the brain dead masses.........but we mustn't ever critize good old footy must we......god forbid. Chelsea’s Premier League title bid has been hit by a new Diego Costa r...

How about a bit of controversy?

We've all seen Trump going on about various types of immigrants and his controversial views but in a way, has he got a point? People keep saying that America was founded by immigrants who've made the country what it is BUT.... the majority of those i...

User avatar by Guide
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

WATCH OUT? Scam

PAYPAL SCAM. Dear Member, Unusual Activity On Your Account !Here Is Detail :Browser : Chrome/5.0Operating System :iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_2 like Mac OS XIP : 192.142.64.28(TX/USA)+ If The Information Above Looks Familiar, You Can Disregard This Ema...

And you won't need a long memory for this one

Remember, before the referendum, how the EU ( France, Germany & its president ) were trying to put us off voting to come out; by telling us it would take years to get out. Well NOW, the president of France.......Francois Hollande; says he wants Brita...

DVLA Over 70s Eye Tests

Before I start, I will empasize the fact that I believe ALL road users should undergo a sight test at least once every two years, regardless of age! I am now almost 73, ad have been subjected twice to eye tests, and the way these are organised leaves...

User avatar by Engager
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile phone companies ripping us off?

I have been with Orange mobile for years, all OK until Orange changed to EE but I have had increasingly long periods of 'No Service' over the last few months in my home (over 36 hours over last weekend). It was never a problem before. I live near the...

Horse Racing

Is there anyone else here who finds the 'sport' of horse racing as disgusting and abhorrent as I do? My OH loves horse racing, and this afternoon watched a race from Cheltenham. I did glance at the screen occasionally as there was a beautiful white h...

Discovery & Sky.

It seems Discovery and Sky have fallen out? If Discovery disappears off Sky, is it available anywhere else?

User avatar by Guide
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

this ere GSP

Hello peeps long time since I cocked a leg in here ...... anyways, as the title says.... this ere GSP stuff. I understand how it works, blah blah blah, but how does it work on something I sold with free UK postage.The buyer has paid, but how does eba...

Is it safe to come out now?

Is it safe to switch the TV on now that all the rigmarole over the new President is over? There's been weeks of domination and speculation and the last week was even more intense so will we have a return to more "normal" news?

User avatar by Guide
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Having another go at dentures

Havent had teeth for years since not getting on with the dentures I got on NH I am now having them done private, and they are very thorough.First visit was a consultation, the had impression done on next visit, and today they had a prototype of both ...

How did it end?

Last Sunday afternoon I was watching a program on "Yesterday" about the three secrets of Fatima. Three prophesies allegedly given to some children by the Virgin Mary. The third one is said to be so horrifying that the Vatican has not made all of it p...