A question for the ladies...and any gentleman who would like to comment.

What do the ladies on here think of the current craze amongst men of sporting a full moustache and beard. Every time I turn on the TV there is some celebrity or TV personality wearing facial hair...the full works. Last night it was Daniel Radcliffe and Graham Norton, both sporting a face full of fuzz. Gentlemen....feel free to comment!
Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

I've always been clean shaven. I don't like the idea of facial hair, I think it's mucky and untidy. As for the current fashion for stubble, I think that looks unkempt and common. YUK.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

Not a fan myself, a beard can be uncomfortable. I think celebs do it to be noticed they need to remain in the public spotlight and their dress sense is always sure to get them noticed. DRs co star in the Potter films Emma Watson has had a few makeovers very successfully but I noticed some pictures of Nadine Coyle ex girls alone singer, She is stick thin and looks a bit unpleasant IMO. One thing with current male trends is the shaved head, given a choice between beard or shaved head it would be the former.
Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

funny-beard-styles-incredibeard-2.jpg

Not very keen on facial hair.  Wouldn't want to snuggle up to this Smiley Surprised

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trends will come and go. Always do in fashion and hairstyles. Nothing new there. They always return at some point in time.

In the 80s everyone had their hair permed and wanted BIG hair. Now it's a no-no. In the 60/70's very long hair was the IN thing.  etc....

I have no problem with men having facial hair.

All the men in my dad's family had moustaches.  And it suited them, all being very dark. My dad tried all kinds of types and settled in the end on a handlebar one, which made him look very handsome and sophisticated.

My husband has always had a moustache as well and I could not imagine him without one. Jet black when we met, but now grey.

Some men just don't suit facial hair. It depends of the bone structure of a face I think, but also the colour of their hair.

Some look very handsome with it, while others look rediculous. At the end of the day beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

If there's one task I loathe and detest it's shaving. I do so only because I'd hate to sport a beard, but it's a futile and disagreeable chore. Personally I don't think any man really suits hirsute appendage, although I do think Clare Balding might.

Mister EMB

Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

I have no problem with facial hair. My ex husband had a beard. I used to say, if he walked past me clean shaven, I would not recognise him. His beard was nothing to do with fashion; he just hated shaving. My present partner doesn't shave in winter but is clean shaven most of the summer. I do hate the stubble look...that seems really scruffy and getting up close is like snuggling a Brillo pad. ..or death by a thousand needles.
Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

I don't mind a full set myself. I quite like a bloke to have all his hormones on the outside where you can see 'em.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

Thank you all for commenting....including the gentlemen! Seems we have comments both for and against here. There are some men who look nice with a beard, but personally I like a man to be clean shaven....like a babies bum! I think my OH is at his most attractive clean shaven, with a hint of Sandalwood...and he is 72! I think a beard can make a man look older than his years. There are also some men who look very nice with a shaved head....usually the ones who have a nice shaped head to start with.
Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

😄😄😄
Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

I am of the same mind as lynda's ex. I just find shaving a drag. I used to stay clean shaven in Summer and grow a beard later in the year, I used to call it my Winter coat lol. I always looked dirty with a face full of stubble so about 18 months ago I just decided that life is too short for shaving and grew a beard again.  I don't keep it long, only about 10mm but now instead of shaving every day I only have to use a trimmer and shave my neck once a week. Job done.

Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

Man WinkWoman Wink

Oh, incase astro, misses this:

Hans Steininger, the burgomaster, of Braunau (then Bavaria, now Austria), died when he broke his neck by tripping over his beard. [26] (sorry, pause for a laugh :man lol:)...The beard was 4.5 feet (1.4 m)  long at the time, and was usually kept in a rolled up leather pouch.

Yes, it's true, and not a lot of people know that.

Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

I love my OH with a mostouche and beard, neatly trimmed so not too long. He looks very distinguished. He is clean shaven now though and very rarely will let his beard grow past or even up to stubble.

I love HIM though with or without.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

Then we have the 'designer stubble'. What's all that about ? If you are going to grow facial hair, then grow it, not a two day extension of the 'five o' clock shadow'.

Not looking at you Forum. Well OK, I am.

Mister EMB

Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

PhotobucketIs Bone Idle Full Beard White/Grey

wonders in

Petal
Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

dirty-harry correctly pointed out, in post.#5, that it's a matter of fashion. And fashion varies from century to century.

Thus, in the 18th Century, men were nearly all clean-shaven.
Whereas in the 19th Century, men grew moustaches and big beards.

It's all a matter of fashion.
Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

They might start taxing beards again though. Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

Hushed tones if you don't mind, Harriet. You never know who's window licking. Poor Petals has a full set.

Mister EMB

Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

I've had a Beard (various sizes) and tash constantly for 40 years

But I do hate the modern Beardies, immaculately groomed with perfect hair. It looks fake.

Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

It is not all a matter of fashion. Some men just hate shaving. Not everyone is interested in fashion.
Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent