A question for the ladies...and any gentleman who would like to comment.

What do the ladies on here think of the current craze amongst men of sporting a full moustache and beard. Every time I turn on the TV there is some celebrity or TV personality wearing facial hair...the full works. Last night it was Daniel Radcliffe and Graham Norton, both sporting a face full of fuzz. Gentlemen....feel free to comment!
Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

Lynda, you make a good point there, about men hating shaving.  We feel almost humiliated at these hairs sprouting up from our faces.

And constantly having to cut the hairs off.  Why can't the hairs learn a lesson - that they're not wanted by modern men.

Yet men keep shaving, even today, and the hairs still keep sprouting up.  Even though they are not apparently required.

This persistence may show that the hairs are acting on some deep Darwinian imperative.  Such as that hairs appeal to women.  Thus increasing a man's mating potential.

I mean, don't all women like a man who has a hairy chest!  Nowadays, mens' chests are usually concealed by clothes.  But above the chest, there's only a short distance upwards to the chin, which is bare and open to females' view.  And the chin is where the beard grows. Which suggests that  beards may possibly be a substituted display for a manly hairy chest.

Doesn't this theory explain why women are drawn towards men with beards?

Message 21 of 25
See Most Recent

Photobucket

Petal
Message 22 of 25
See Most Recent

I don't especially like a hairy chest...sorry OH....but I would not consider it in deciding whether or not to be with someone. My OH is always asking would I prefer he wear his hair longer or short, beard or not etc. My answer is, it is his head to do with as he wishes. I just wield the scissors as instructed. There are more important things on which to base a relationship.
Message 23 of 25
See Most Recent

Just spotted Gary Lineker on TV..sporting his ridiculous 'goatee' beard and moustache....he looks just like Catweazle!
Message 24 of 25
See Most Recent

Late reply...... Ive had a full set since the mid 70s. Started because it meant I had another 5 minutes in bed on a morning, It now varies between about 10mm and the full Santa,,, although Mrs W does tend to nag me when it gets a bit Santa-esqe!
But every time it becomes "fashionable" I do wonder whether I should shave it off. Same with my hair. Ive not had my hair cut in 15 years at least. But when it becomes fashionable I wonder about having it cut

Message 25 of 25
See Most Recent