A good day for UK tennis ......................

Gordon Reid wins the wheelchair singles and doubles, 

Heather Watson & Henri Kontinen win the mixed doubles,

Andy Murray wins the singles.

Congratulations to them all.

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Definitely a good day for the wheelchair players, another British player in the ladies doubles winning pairing - Jordanne Whiley.

So much media coverage of the men's singles, not near enough of the others.

tennissmiley.gif

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Well done to all 🙂

Why does the crowd have to be quiet during rallies - is it tradition, ('gentlemans sport' like golf), or is it truly a matter of the players being unable to concentrate if it's noisy?  I went to the Eastbourne final last month and the seagulls were incredibly noisy but they didn't seem to distract the players, even when they dive bombed the court.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

And in the Tour de France

Leading Rider, Yellow Jersey, British - Froome  (with Yates second)

Best Young Rider, White Jersey, British - Adam Yates

Green Jersey points leader, British - Cavendish

Cavendish has won 3 Stages

Steve Cummings has won a Stage,  as Has Froome

Great First week for the Brits

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Thank Heavens Wimbledon is over for another year......it's as boring as hell. Watching seagulls would be infinitely more interesting.🙂

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

So glad to see Andy Murray secure his second Wimbledon title.  I was hoping to see him meet Federer in the final but against Raonic it was just as exciting a match to watch. Andy has improved so much over recent years he is now up there with the greats in terms of match skill. His game really has no weak spots, and he has to be the best returner of serve in the game at the moment. Even Djokovic at his best would have struggled against him yeterday. Absolutely fantastic in all departments.

And to round off a day of British sporting success, Lewis Hamilton won his fourth Silverstone Grand Prix and is now only one point behind Rosberg in the Championship standings.

A great weekend for British sport Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

It's the national paint drying championships next week Astro, only pastel colours permitted so that should be well worth a view.

There was some great Tennis at Wimbledon and good to see some uk success.
Ditto the Grand Prix
Ditto the Tour de France
The Footy was pants apart from the Moths
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

I'm glad the footie is over too...that's as boring as hell too. Wales did provide a spark of interest...but only momentarily! 

It beats me how sport takes up so many television hours.we non-sporty types don't get a look in. How would you folks enjoy watching 'The world Embroidery Championships every Saturday night? Or listening to four retired artists talking about Oil Painting for hours? With endless repeats of great paint strokes, and discussions about different subjects?

Yes....we non-sporty artistic types get a very rough deal!🙁

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

You missed out Politics? It's all the journalists and TV types who want to waffle on about it for hours.

Watching and listening to some of them waving their arms about and talking endlessly reminds me of a couple of my father's sayings:-

About someone's gesticulations  while talking "If you cut his hands off he'd be speechless" and about someone waffling on "Now he's finished he's said nowt".

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Sport has got to be better than baking, cooking, sewing, decorating, renovation etc. 'reality' TV shows.

Certainly miles better than celebrity chat shows.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

And now we have the Olympics to look forward to (or not).

Won't be as good as London 2012 though Smiley Sad

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent