£3 school shoes

Hi I resently bought my son some new plain black lace up plimsolls after his old ones were a bit worse for wear. He wears them as school shoes his school has a quite basic uniform school jumper school polo shirt black school trousers and school shoes or lace up plimsolls.
How much did you spend on school shoes ???
Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

£3 school shoes

Firstly, why have you posted this rather bizarre question on more than one part of the forum?

And secondly, what is the relevance of it to ebay?

If you are trying to flog us all plimsols, then advertising isn't allowed on these boards 😉

Message 2 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

I'm not advertising I was just wondering how much people spent
Message 3 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

@bajr1661 wrote:
I'm not advertising I was just wondering how much people spent

On an ebay forum.

Do you buy your plimsols on ebay?

Message 4 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

Yes somtimes but the last pair I bought my son were quite bad so I buy him primark ones at the minute
Message 5 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

One thing I must congratulate you on.  You opened this account yesterday, no activity on the account,    and you found these boards straight away. 

Most  ' newbies  ' cannot even find the fee structure / rules of sale /  or the Resolution Centre on here straight away. 

Message 6 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

Why not post this on Mums Net? You will no doubt get many relevant replies.

Message 7 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

I'm not alone in wondering at the reason for so many posts on the same rather inconsequential issue, with a new account. It might be entirely innocent - a desire for social contact perhaps. But this is primarily a board for buyers to seek advice on problems with sellers or eBay procedures.

Message 8 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

Just a wandering trolling idiot.  Wouldn't mind if it was amusing, but it's just stupid.  Everyone knows that Primark are on a par with Harrods.  grin

Message 9 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

@clogher21wrote:

Just a wandering trolling idiot.  Wouldn't mind if it was amusing, but it's just stupid.  Everyone knows that Primark are on a par with Harrods.  grin

Harrods don't. I saw no reason for abuse. But at the worst, there could have been only one trolling idiot.

Message 10 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

Oh dear, its catching ☹
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 11 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

@mr._standfast wrote:

I'm not alone in wondering at the reason for so many posts on the same rather inconsequential issue, with a new account. It might be entirely innocent - a desire for social contact perhaps. But this is primarily a board for buyers to seek advice on problems with sellers or eBay procedures.

At least this thread has been removed from the selling and buying forums,   where it first appeared on both,   and  placed in the right place here,  for a 'chat'.  

The OP may now get some answers and discussion to her question ?  

Message 12 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

Ok here is my answer

Do not buy children cheap shoes.  Ideally get their feet properly measured etc and buy them decent leather shoes for school.  Even if it means buying from a Charity shop or 2nd hand off Ebay once you know their correct size and width.

If on a very limited budget save money by buying 2nd hand clothes etc but personally i would only ever buy brand new shoes for a child.

Average cost of my sons shoes were £25 to £30 and he is now an adult.

Message 13 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

Agree fully with glyn's reply.  Also  surely on eBay it only takes a few moments to go through children's shoes,  narrowing it down to the correct size,  you never know your luck in coming across a new pair bought by someone and  never worn/  barely worn  for whatever reason.  

Message 14 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

Money is no issue my son choses to wear plimsolls over proper school shoes. I would buy him vans but they are not allowed as the school only allows cheap plimsolls so my son wears the cheap style plimsolls as school shoes
Message 15 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

I'm sure we have all experienced our kids with their preferences  over sense and sensibility! 

He's comfortable,  so that's all that matters 

Message 16 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

I agree he likes wearing them and has Done since he started secondary school last September
Message 17 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

Use the black “road slappers” as my army hubby would say 😂 for the little ones PE at primary but buy kickers usually for school shoes although they still seem to come home with “talking shoes” after a few months of wear 🙄
Message 18 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

My sons old plimsolls were literally like that look like they could' talk lol
Message 19 of 26
See Most Recent

£3 school shoes

Wearing plimpsolls for any extended period of time will cause the feet to grow in a flat and broad manner and cause the wearer to walk with a flatfooted gait.

Plimsolls provide no structure or form for growing feet and, as such, are probably the worst item of footwear that anybody under 16 can wear.

He may be happy now but in 10 to 20 years time when he has a list of foot injuries as long as your arm and requires extensive surgery so that he can wear 'proper' shoes and walk without considerable pain I am sure he will thank you for your tolerance now.

Plimpsolls use to be worn for gym wear many years ago but even that purpose has been rendered null and void after people saw the damage that plimpsolls do to young feet.

Your child, your choice!

Message 20 of 26
See Most Recent