The Round Table
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Do you remember

The BBC children’s series tales of the riverbank? Because believe it or not it’s subject matter the iconic watervole has become the latest to decline in numbers and is now officially the fastest declining mammal in the uk. I know when I first saw the...

Mo and the Marathon.

Watching the marathon this morning, I saw that Mo Farah was moaning and whinging and getting angry because he picked up the wrong water bottle. Can anyone tell me why 'his' water bottle is any different to any other runners bottle? Surely it's all wa...

Minor irritations

What things annoy you a little, or even a lot? I'll start with ................. I don't get the point of those video film clips that are divided into 3 with only the central part in focus and the two outer thirds are blurred. What's the point of it?...

The Future for Earth?

The Salisbury affair and all the idiotic terrorism and fighting gave me cause to think of the future. Will humankind survive? Is the following too far fetched to ever come true? If you like a read, carry on, if you don't, look away NOW? The Fleet Com...

User avatar by Guide
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

We are ALL going to live a lot longer

Butch Wilkins and Eric Bristows passing, reminded me Yes - We are ALL going to live a lot longer, according to Governments reasoning for raising Pension age. But Just look on 'Another One Gone' thread, shocking How many from 'Working Class' backgroun...

19225769_717693891772590_5065854509422440938_n.jpg

Hi I am goldjammer69 and would like to start a playlist of my favorite tunes and invite others find

Hi friends I have posted on the boards of ebay usa and Italy. Do you have a place here rto post music, and to converse, and where might I find that? I like to hear the poplular music from the U.K, Clash, Bowie ,Clapton , the Beatles and others. I am ...

Anyone Recognise this Actor

He is playing a young priest in Crown Court, episode Soldier Soldier from 1982He is not listed in the end credits, nor on the IMdb site. I am sure I have seen him somewhere, but possibly older

Priest.jpg

funny april fool

https://m.facebook.com/?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fsearch&_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=10215436418640439&id=1136822667&set=gm.1948707182109454&source=48&refid=18&_ft_=qid.6539520379226613530%3Amf_story_key.1948707182109454%3Atop_level_post_id.194870...

Cambridge Analytica

I have watched with interest the kerfuffle surrounding Cambridge Analytica, what they have done has, imho, been going on in various forms for years, 35 years ago we would use Acorn analysis (a classification of residential neighbourhoods) which could...

£3 school shoes

Hi I resently bought my son some new plain black lace up plimsolls after his old ones were a bit worse for wear. He wears them as school shoes his school has a quite basic uniform school jumper school polo shirt black school trousers and school shoes...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vernal Equinox

So first day of Spring today Yay!! Looking forward to warmer longer days and getting out and about more. Time to start planting in the allotment, but still have some back-achy digging to do. What are you lot looking forward to?

Seagulls?

OK, where are you birding types? Every afternoon I go for a walk round the lake and from October to March it's visited every day by varying numbers of Seagulls (I dunno which species). They don't seem to be finding any food, they seem to spend the da...

User avatar by Guide
  • 32 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there as much

Poverty around these days as there was 50 years ago! I can remember the post war years when bread and dripping with salt and pepper was the order of the day, and yet these days with growing obesity among the young we are told that children are living...

Schoolwork?

It's occurred to me that schools are not really preparing kids for the Big Wide Wonderful World of (gonna say a naughty word now)...... WORK? Schools seem to concentrate on subjects surrounding academia and good exam results but not all kids are acad...

User avatar by Guide
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gender equality.

Right, it's cat amongst the pigeons time. We've all seen the uproar over gender equality and up to a point...... they have a point. Now there are some things that women can do as well as men. There are other things that women can do better than men. ...

User avatar by Guide
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kumquats

A few years ago, my local greengrocer had some tiny oranges the size and shape of large grapes. They had a rind as sweet as candy with a nice contrasting sour center. He never got any in again after that punnet and I've been searching for them ever s...

Gardener's World.

Apparently, the BBC are considering axing the Gardener's World programmes, and also the Sky at Night. I have my own theory on why these two are being targeted. I think there will be a big backlash if they do this as both programmes are extremely popu...

Wolf whistling is a hate crime!

Women should be able to report wolf-whistling, catcalling and unwanted attention on public transport to the police as hate crimes, according to Grimsby’s MP.Labour front-bench politician Melanie Onn MP has secured a debate in Parliament on Wednesday,...

Resolved! I need a bath!!!!!!

I'm begining to get a bit desperate I haven't had a bath for about 2 1/2 years. anyone got any ideas please. I have been searching for something I could use that is portable to put in my wet room so I could have a bath rather than showers.My hubby ne...

How can we take the pressure off

Our Ambulance Service? Just listening to the radio discussing the fact that 5 people were responsible for calling for an ambulance 8000 times! In a year. This shocking figure is the tip of the iceberg as I know that every ambulance service have their...