Seller Central
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Why I'm quitting ebay for good

A couple of months ago, I sold a hifi item on here for over £100. I had been warned beforehand about scammers buying electronic goods, and "harvesting" the internal components to repair their own faulty items. Luckily, I took the warnings seriously. ...

Resolved! Got a ps5 to sell and buyer only made ebay acc today

So he or she say they will sort out fund with ebay once I accept the offer so say I post it out then they try to pull a fast one I'm not lost my ps5 that I'm trying to sell any idea from people that sold on here for a while my 1st time and don't want...

Resolved! Questions about Turnover & £1k Tax-free allowance ?

Hello all since Januray 2024 i have been trying to understand the meaning of ' turnover ' in tax so for an example let's say i listed & sold an item for £10 (that being the sold price before a payout is sent out) and as for the payout i get about £8....

Cash on collection - what if buyer pays via eBay (and/or requests courier) before collecting?

Hi, I'm preparing to list a couple of vinyl record job lots for collection only. I haven't done a 'collection in person' listing before, and feel rather nervous about how things could go (assuming a sale, of course). It seems a bit 'Wild West', with ...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 47 replies
  • 0 kudos

When do I have to declare for tax?

I've recently been gifted a load of items to sell..I'm donating 10% of each sale to a charity..However, these items have been selling unexpectedly well and in a few weeks I've made a profit of just under £500. I'm a bit worried that soon I'll have to...

EBAY IS A SCAM - DO NOT SELL FROM HERE

Do not sell your items here.I am having to post this on my partners account as conveniently eBay has indefinitely suspended my account. Please if you was like me an honest customer that had a hobby/ passion for selling luxurious items as a little sid...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 39 replies
  • 6 kudos

BEWARE!! Buyer opens Return Case 4 MONTHS after delivery!

IS EBAY ALLOWING SELLERS TO BE SCAMMED, NO PROTECTION FOR US!?A buyer made a false claim against me 4 MONTHS after delivery...I sold a NEW battery for a cordless drill. It was delivered on 5th December, but now 4 months later in April I get an eBay c...

Buyer did not receive item so payment frozen by ebay. Item now received, how do I get payment?

As above, item I sent to buyer did not arrive. They reported this to ebay who froze the payment monies to me. Buyer has now received the item and happy with it but how do I get my payment unfrozen? Do I need to do something or does the buyer?

Payout Schedule

Looking for some thoughts on this...eBay has the option to specify a payout schedule... daily, weekly, monthly etc It also has the option to turn scheduled payments off. I selected this so that I can request payouts when I want them. However the payo...

ebay Payments - BACS or Faster Payments

Hi everyone, I am new to selling on ebay, well six months. Pretty much all my payouts have been processed by Faster Payments, the largest of which was for just under £800. However on Thursday last week, I received a regular notice of a payout c£350 a...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is the buyer offering on my items legit?

Hi there I have an old band shirt up for sale that is slowly gaining interest. I initially got an offer of a Martin who lived in Thailand but the delivery address was in Portsmouth. After searching the address it's a storage unit in Portsmouth. They ...

Got selling related questions? Start here:
Most Helpful Authors