Payout Schedule

Looking for some thoughts on this...

eBay has the option to specify a payout schedule... daily, weekly, monthly etc

It also has the option to turn scheduled payments off. I selected this so that I can request payouts when I want them. 

However the payout still happens on the first Tuesday of the month. 

I contacted eBay and they said "I can confirm that your payout schedule is turned off. I would like to inform you that funds are paid out automatically on the first Tuesday of the month. So this is working as designed and payouts will be sent automatically on first Tuesday of the month even though your payout schedule is turned off."

So what it the point in having a the option to select monthly or "off" when it still pays out monthly? 

Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Payout Schedule

Monthly is the default option, so by turning options off you automatically default to being paid monthly.  

Ebay don't have a 'pay when I feel like getting paid' option'.   Might be because it is not likely to be a popular one - well, until they introduce the option that they are trying out on .com at the moment - which is to pay for a faster payment.  Other online platforms are also testing this, one has already removed it.

I suspect paying to get your own money a little more quickly (ie what they offer for free today) might just go down like a lead balloon!

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: