Royal Mail tracked labels now have proof of postage -unable to use label printer

hi fellow sellers, this morning my labels have a proof of postage attached to most labels which stops me using my label printer, im having to resort to a4 and tape, is there any way of removing the proof of postage and return to just the label to use the label printer thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 98
See Most Recent
97 REPLIES 97

Royal Mail tracked labels now have proof of postage -unable to use label printer

Same problem here. So frustrating.

This used to work so well but with the recent "improvement" I now have to resort to paper, scissors and sellotape, making what was a 10 second job now take a couple of minutes.

On top of that we are now sending more paper and sellotape to landfill. 

Genius!

Message 2 of 98
See Most Recent

Same problem here - use to be able to print 4 postage labels on one A4 sheet of paper - now best I can do is enlarge size to 140% and do 2 labels per page - thus causing me to use twice as much paper per day than I use to - very environmentally damaging from ebay for this useless change.

cannot see a work around for this.

Message 3 of 98
See Most Recent

I have spent the last 3-4 years trying to get them to make changes to their labels so we can print to any of the 4 segments on a standard label as opposed to the current top left corner only, or the ridiculous CN22 which comes out as A4 (can workaround this by printing address first and then the CN22 separately at 4 to a page), or the CN23 which sits in the middle of the page so needs scissors and sellotape every time - but they have zero interest.

Simple changes that would save sellers time and save the planet from more unecessary waste, but des[pite lots of nodding and pretending to be interested, they now do this which is making the situation even worse.

I give up!

Message 4 of 98
See Most Recent

So frustrating!! And the proof of postage print out is a complete waste of time if you are taking in to the Post Office - they just scan the QR code on the label and give you a till receipt as your proof!

Message 5 of 98
See Most Recent

I came on here today to see if others had the same problem. I print directly to envelopes so no can do now. A real pain. I take mine to the PO, they provide proof anyway. Surely they only need to print out for  collected packages.

Message 6 of 98
See Most Recent

Thats a good point - I appear to no longer have an option to select drop off or collected for most postage options - most annoying as I generally have mine collected by Royal Mail

It was definitely still an option yesterday.

Message 7 of 98
See Most Recent

Having the same issue. Its taking twice as long now using more tape and the labels I've bought in bulk are now useless. Aureli this can be stopped ?

Message 8 of 98
See Most Recent

Same issue here, was fine yesterday but such a ball ache now.

Wish eBay would stop mucking around with stuff like this without even giving us any sort of notice to this change.

my printer is now useless as are the labels I have bought in bulk, and on top of the cutting out sheets of paper and sellotaping them down, if the label gets wet, then it is unreadable, not like my thermal labels!!

Message 9 of 98
See Most Recent

Mine is working ok now.

Not sure if it is something I done but it appears to be back to normal for me now.

Here is what I done....

When i went to print a label, I change the format to PNG and mad sure it was still on 6x 4.

I downloaded the label and deleated it.

I then cancelled the label, and purchased a new one.

I then changed back to PDF file and saved it.

It now works fine.

Good luck.

Message 10 of 98
See Most Recent

Spoke to an agent that gave me this link to be able to change preferences haven't tested it yet but hopefully it works

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ship/single/preferences

Message 11 of 98
See Most Recent

The link didn't work, still having proof of postage come up, agent is still looking into it

Message 12 of 98
See Most Recent

Same here, can not use my label printer , wasting so much time and paper now:(

Message 13 of 98
See Most Recent

Tried like you adviced, still printing with proof of posting.

Message 14 of 98
See Most Recent

@shaman7uk wrote:

Same problem here - use to be able to print 4 postage labels on one A4 sheet of paper - now best I can do is enlarge size to 140% and do 2 labels per page - thus causing me to use twice as much paper per day than I use to - very environmentally damaging from ebay for this useless change.

I did exactly the same, saving paper; this just seems a backward step. Also, the paper proof is not needed, as when the label is scanned at the PO you get a receipt and there is surely no need for instructions!

Message 15 of 98
See Most Recent

I changed the size of the label using/ scale/ customised in my printer options.

It prints the very top of the certificate of posting but the label is full. I use a thermal label printer.

I hope this helps some of you until Ebay sort this mess out!

Message 16 of 98
See Most Recent

peturning
Conversationalist

Hmm yes, this is new. Must have started in the past day or two...

Reading it I can't even work out why it's necessary? surely proof of the item entering Royal Mail's network is when it is scanned at the post office? Are sellers really expected to be keeping a pile of little scraps of paper with an ink stamp on them??

Weird. Especially weird considering if you get the parcel collected eBay are perfectly happy with the scan from Royal Mail being proof of postage...

Message 17 of 98
See Most Recent

All was perfect with x4 postage labels to an A4 sheet and now we have this un-needed nonsense with paper and print toner wastage. The Post Office issue receipts of postage, so not required. Absolute idiocy !

Message 18 of 98
See Most Recent

Got the same issue here! utter madness!  Hope they get sorted soon 

Message 19 of 98
See Most Recent

I have spoken to ebay, they have received complaints about this and I have made two (I have two Accounts) .

They said the greater the number of people complain the quicker the change will be removed.

Message 20 of 98
See Most Recent