Royal Mail tracked labels now have proof of postage -unable to use label printer

hi fellow sellers, this morning my labels have a proof of postage attached to most labels which stops me using my label printer, im having to resort to a4 and tape, is there any way of removing the proof of postage and return to just the label to use the label printer thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 98
See Most Recent
97 REPLIES 97

Royal Mail tracked labels now have proof of postage -unable to use label printer

Having the same issue yet some randomly still print without the proof of postage option in batches of bulk labels. Have just emailed eBay. Please everyone do the same the more complaints they get the faster they will fix it hopefully 

Message 81 of 98
See Most Recent

Yes this hugely annoyed me as well. I'm having to download and import into photoshop taking me a fair bit of extra time. What a complete mess. 

Could use the Royal Mail site to do it a little better but then typing in all the address would be an incredible pain too.

I assume this isn't an intentional change and is just some kind of glitch with the connection to Royal Mail.

It'd better get changed soon though as it's a total pain!

Message 82 of 98
See Most Recent

We called eBay today to voice our concerns that this needless change has forced us to stop buying postage labels from eBay as we use a thermal printer and we cannot be bothered to waste time and suffer the expense of either cropping or scaling the new format labels with the proof of posting.

We were originaly subjected to an agent blaming  Royal Mail saying this is something eBay have been forced to do.

We do not accept that. eBay always had an option to separately print a proof of posting, although we have never bothered as once the item is scanned at the Post Office it's tracking goes live.

We didn't accept the original agent's ludicrous suggestion that Royal Mail forced this issue, as has been said before, eBay have recoded the label page to now include the proof of posting certificate. We escalated this to a member of the leadership team who confirmed they have had a number of calls today.

We voiced our concerns that eBay seem to make these changes, in our opinion, with zero thought for seller impact. 

Even if they put the certificate of posting on a separate page it would be better. We were promised a call back which will never happen.

There have been a couple of contributors to this thread saying this has been fixed?

Has it?

Worried about Monday morning.

Message 83 of 98
See Most Recent

Yesterday my labels had the cerficate of posting with them which was a pain, waste of labels and ink.

I have just printed off my labels this morning and they are back to normal.  4 labels to A4 Sheet.  No certificate of posting.  

Fingers crossed it stays this way.

Message 84 of 98
See Most Recent

Thank goodness everything is back to how it was before labelgate. 

Message 85 of 98
See Most Recent

I resorted to using Royal Mail's own website and it too was throwing out the 4x6 label with proof of posting. It also produced a 2nd PDF with the label only however. I wouldn't be too quick to blame Ebay on this one for once. This looks to have been a Royal Mail snafu.

I think Royal Mail changed something and Ebay couldn't or didn't produce the 2nd label only PDF.

Either way, it seems to be fine this morning 😀

Message 86 of 98
See Most Recent

If you integrate to Royal Mail you don't need to type the addresses - everything flows from ebay to RM and when you print the label Ebay is updated with the Dispatched status.

Once set up it is as simple if not simpler to use then ebay, and you never need to get out the paper and sellotape again

Message 87 of 98
See Most Recent

You just need to go into Settings > Label Settings and switch of Proof of Posting - its really really simple

Message 88 of 98
See Most Recent

mine is now working normally I think 

Message 89 of 98
See Most Recent

That sounds like a great solution, but perhaps you could advise excatly where this option is?

We cannot find anything in settings to do this on eBay.co.uk.

All we can find is where to change label format to A4 or 4" x 6" and .PDF or .PNG

Message 90 of 98
See Most Recent

back to normal now thanks for your advice and support 

Message 91 of 98
See Most Recent

If you have set up a drop and go account with Royal Mail then you need to go into Settings > Integrations and select Create New Integration, then select Ebay. As long as you are logged into your ebay account at the time it will work just fine from there. But then spend a couple of minutes in Settings > Label Format to make sure you have the settings you need. Best to select "A4" and then "4 to a page" so it fits your labels correctly. It will print your CN22 labels correctly too, and allow you print to all parts of the A4 label page. CN23 is a bit pesky but I have around, though RM are working on a fix for that.

I have my RM Click & Drop account hooked up to 2 ebay stores, 1 Shopify Store and 1 Woo Store, so everything neatly in one place

Message 92 of 98
See Most Recent

To clarify, the setup is all done in the RM app - you don't have to change anything in the Ebay account from memory (I have been runing this way for 3+ years so it was a while back I did the setup)

Message 93 of 98
See Most Recent

"I'd definitely recommend setting up a Royal Mail Click & Go account ... It takes 15 mnutes maybe to set up, but you'll be pleased you did"

Used to have one but there were multiple issues from time to time and they have to be dropped off in person at the sorting office (or post office) with the manifest.  Since significanly dropping the number of listings the hassel is no longer worth it.

The point is that the system has had a change which was clearly not tested and was just flung out there without a care.  That identifies this as a typical eBay change as RM cannot alter eBay code.  A while ago there was some info that the orientation of lables was being expermented with where sometimes a label was printed portrait in 4x6, sometimes in portrait via eBay.  It was a nigtmare because I was used to letter size printing landscape and all others as portrait and I kept thinking I had selected the wrong size.

There is just no testing or simuatiion of changes and updates from a users point of view.  Elementary proceedure is ignored and time and time again the user, both buyer and seller, is left angry and frustrated by the lowest quality programing anywhere in the online industry.  Time to sack the pretend software engineers and employ some professionals!

Message 94 of 98
See Most Recent

"Used to have one but there were multiple issues from time to time and they have to be dropped off in person at the sorting office (or post office) with the manifest.  Since significanly dropping the number of listings the hassel is no longer worth it."

Not true - you just need to set up a daily collection.

My collection comes at 2-2:15pm every day and costs me nothing - they do a single scan of a barcode and take the entire basket/sack. Manifests were phased out years ago, but I do remember the pain of using them.

Message 95 of 98
See Most Recent

"Not true - you just need to set up a daily collection. "

Collection was always a paid option per item and totally uneconomical.  I always had to hand over a manifest too.  Stopped doing that winding down the business last May.  I know they curently offer free colection for items through click and drop, but the latest postage rate booklet has collection as a paid for service for business accounts.  Maybe you have a very friendly sorting hub.

Message 96 of 98
See Most Recent

I have given up on eBay and am using Royal Mail's Click & Drop.

I have used it for last Thursday, Friday and today (29/4/24) orders and, if I am honest, I will not be returning to eBay's post system.

The Click & Drop integrates with eBay, knows your orders, takes the address details and when you have bought the post for your orders and marked them as dispatched, the orders in eBay are updated as dispatched and tracking added.

To sign up with Royal Mail you need to enter a business name which could be your name.

Lynton

Message 97 of 98
See Most Recent

Seems to have reverted back to the normal way now - incase anyone here has changed methods and not checked back since.

Message 98 of 98
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: