Feedback

Hello,

I know this is not an issue with eBay service, but maybe worth to mention.

Do you find it a bit annoying with buyers not leaving any feedback?

I dont mind when it is a little thing for couple of quid.

But I've had so many situations when  eg. I sell an item for couple hundred quid, roughly 25% below market price, make sturdy well secured package, dispatch it via Special Delivery (cost on my side)... and never hear from buyer again..

I always leave my feedback first as a seller (straight after payment received).

I wish you all a nice weekend.

Message 1 of 45
See Most Recent
44 REPLIES 44

Re: Feedback

I won't leave feedback on ebay in the future. Sellers don't appear to be bothering anymore, so I think that since the recent changes it's no longer a reliable check on the seller. I'll do more shopping on Amazon in future.

Message 41 of 45
See Most Recent

Yeah I got bored about worrying about it when it's left less than 30% of the time, so I just set up automated feedback so that if a buyer leaves me feedback they get one automatically back without me having to type one out all the time.

I sell through a different channel as well and after a set time of no problem being raised it automatically adds it to your account as a positive experience if the customer doesn't leave anything , I like that system a LOT 

Message 42 of 45
See Most Recent

I don't sell on Ebay but it really annoys me when sellers don't leave feedback even though I've left them positive feedback.

Why aren't Ebay chasing these people up.

Message 43 of 45
See Most Recent

Does a buyer primarily buy an item because they want the item or do they buy an item primarily for the feedback?

In any event, what is the point of buyers being left any kind of feedback?

It can only be positive - which rather defeats the whole point of informative feedback?

And how many people leave feedback for the shops they buy goods in or any another online site - mail order clothes, for example - when they ask for feedback or is it just an “eBay thing”?

The feedback system was OK at the beginning until it was abused - it’s now long out-of-date and serves no purpose for buyers to receive it.

Message 44 of 45
See Most Recent

@smit-stua wrote:

I don't sell on Ebay but it really annoys me when sellers don't leave feedback even though I've left them positive feedback.

Why aren't Ebay chasing these people up.

Chase "these people up" for what.

Do you understand the meaning of Voluntary?

Message 45 of 45
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: