What category for this wood bowl. A farce to say the least!!!

Hello all. I have listed an old wood fruit bowl with the RAF logo/motif in the centre and the words 'Lower Topa India 1947'. A superb piece to say the least. When I came to list it, I struggled to find a category but chose RAF / Militaria. I could have listed it in cookware/bowls!!! Anyway, many hours later, the bowl has still not appeared in my listings. Is this a case of ebay vetting the item as it is in militaria? It is a fruit bowl...not a warhead or missile. Finding this a bit frustrating and irritating. What do you think I should do?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

How long is "many hours"?

Listings may take 24 hours to appear live.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

consider therapy

ebay search can  tip you over the edge

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

It might also be because it's wood and on a list of banned species ?

Or it could be what I consider to be an on-going problem with 'bowls' and ebay's wonderful new way of listing that insists old / vintage / antique items are mixed into huge categories of mostly new items.

Every time I try listing a vintage glass bowl I struggle to get ebay to suggest anything other than 'Tableware > Bowls' or ' Cookware > Kitchen Bowls' and usually end up fiddling about with the title until it will show other categories.  It's not very helpful if I'm trying to list a dressing table Trinket Bowl.  Even when I've finally got it into what I think is the appropriate Trays & Sets > Bowls category, it sometimes never shows up in searches.

Last week-end I re-listed (again) a Hofbauer 'Byrdes' salt cellar / trinket bowl / pill box and for the first time in several months it appeared in the results of my search when I put it in 'Trinket Bowls & Pill Boxes' (whoopee).  Previously  I've tried it in 'Trays & Sets'  and 'Decorative Tableware > Bowls' and it just disappears from the results.  Which might be why it gets very few views. 

In reality I think the "Byrdes" range was purely ornamental / decorative crystal.  But try getting the listing page to even show such a category for consideration, to ebay's search a bowl belongs in the kitchen or on a table and seems reluctant to consider anything else. 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Thanks for the input folks. The bowl appeared a day and a half after isting.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: