Feedback

Hello,

I know this is not an issue with eBay service, but maybe worth to mention.

Do you find it a bit annoying with buyers not leaving any feedback?

I dont mind when it is a little thing for couple of quid.

But I've had so many situations when  eg. I sell an item for couple hundred quid, roughly 25% below market price, make sturdy well secured package, dispatch it via Special Delivery (cost on my side)... and never hear from buyer again..

I always leave my feedback first as a seller (straight after payment received).

I wish you all a nice weekend.

Message 1 of 45
See Most Recent
44 REPLIES 44

Feedback

I was annoyed last week by a very simular situation. I have listed a joblot of 2 boxed vinyl sets in `near mint` condition by a very niche artist who you would have to search for. I have 100% feedback. And yet someone bought just one of the boxes in `very good` condition from another seller at a much higher price! OK, so it`s their choice, but even if you only wanted the one box, I don`t get the logic.

Message 21 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

"I have listed a joblot of 2 boxed vinyl sets in `near mint` condition by a very niche artist who you would have to search for"

There may lie your problem...   Search - though supposedly working as intended, according to what eBay have allegedly told some - is broken.  Evidence (obtained through recent experiment) indicates that eBay presents searchers using the very common 'lowest price' sorting options with just 4%-10% of the available listings.  - And from experience, relevance (even where 'best match' is selected) is not a strong point either.

...Searching buyer, hidden listings;  confused-us say compromise and hit the first 'buy it now' button you find; even if the nose has to be held whilst doing so. 

- If everything is promoted then nothing is promoted... and many are defrauded!
Message 22 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

Buyers are time-poor.  If they find what they want at a price they're happy to pay, they're likely to buy it there and then.  This is why it's essential to be high on Google rankings. 

If your two-box set was further down the listings than the one-box set, the buyer may not have seen it.  If it's a niche artist, then a collector will want to get it before anyone else does - and not look futher for a better deal.

I'm a collector.  If I see something I really want, I pounce.  I don't think 'Is this a good price' I just think 'I must have it' and click Buy It Now.  That's the collector mentality, they're predators.  A predator doesn't wait to see whether a fatter bunny hops along, they eat the one that's in front of them.

Message 23 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

Buyers don't have to leave feedback. I only have 11,059...that's less than 10% of the total goods sold.

What annoys me more is sellers messaging me, asking for feedback. I'm extremely busy, sometimes I have the time, sometimes I don't.

Message 24 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

Regarding feedback... I have always left feedback for items I purchase.. I recent left lots of feedback for items I purchased over the Christmas period... guess what ?  I cannot see a single one of those feedbacks ? Also. I was told by a customer she had left me feedback .. I can't see that either !  eBay appear to be manipulating the system again by not putting feedback on.. I'm really sick and tired of eBay making so many changes .. always to the benifit of their profits and not to the benifit of their customers.. I'm seriously thinking of closing my account of 20 years.. They have become greedy and no customer service unless it fits their criteria!   Rant over !  

Message 25 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

I am set to leave feedback once it has been left for me.  That way I know the item has arrived safely.  Honestly I think it is quite rude to not feed back.  If they buyer has an issue, they should make contact so that it can be sorted out.  I guess I get perhaps 40% that do not leave feedback.

Message 26 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

" I am sellig item X for 50 pounds "buy it now" and nobody is buying. There are few other auctions with exactly the same item X, and sometimes people are bidding 52 or 55."

Try searching for the item using words a customer might use. Maybe their listing has a better title.

If yours only shows after displaying "streamlined" results, look through all the details of your listing including photo and check that your item is as described.

Check which postage the other sellers are using, are they offering faster delivery than you?

Do they have a better rating?

Do you have a lot of criteria for blocking bidders? The people bidding on your competitors might be blocked by you.

Message 27 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

All your feedback (given and received, buying and selling) is here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/smptrading?user_context=BUYER

With so much good feedback, you might as well enjoy it.

Message 28 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

I just checked and for my last 20 feedback left for buyers I received 5.

Not bad 😉

Message 29 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

from what I can see it has nothing to do with seller's feedback, description etc.

more because people like to bid/compete (few times I changed to auction and same item sold for more than when it was "buy it now")

Message 30 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

It annoys me like hell, whether I'm buying or selling. A few years ago this didn't happen to me, but it's happening a lot more frequently now. If I buy something from a business seller, who might be selling hundreds of items a week, I can understand ( although aren't there ways to leave feedback automatically for them) but even private sellers who might only have one item listed still don't bother. It gets me hopping mad.

Message 31 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

@uk_smithy wrote:

It annoys me like hell, whether I'm buying or selling. A few years ago this didn't happen to me, but it's happening a lot more frequently now. If I buy something from a business seller, who might be selling hundreds of items a week, I can understand ( although aren't there ways to leave feedback automatically for them) but even private sellers who might only have one item listed still don't bother. It gets me hopping mad.

What can you do with feedback?

Eat it?

Spend it?

As a seller I prefer the cash.

As a buyer I just want the item.

Leaving feedback is voluntary & I respect that.

I leave feedback for every transaction.

I can't fathom how someone can be annoyed by not receiving feedback.

Message 32 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

That's fair enough, each to his/her own. But eBay has a feedback system for a reason. How long does it take to give feedback, a minute, two? There are some bad people out there. If everyone had your attitude, how would we know who the baddies are?

Message 33 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

eBay has always had a voluntary feedback system.

Message 34 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

Yes I find the same.  I always leave it a few days after the item has been delivered and then message to say that I hope the item hs been received and that you are happy with it.  If so please would you leave feedback for me.

The past three sales from weeks ago I have not received anything back at all.  A few years back most people left feedback but it seems to be dying out now unfortunately. Disappointing.

Message 35 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

You are quite right people on eBay can be so demanding but can't be bothered to leave feedback, I've sold and bought from many with past accounts to, the problem seems worse of late.

Mind you there is a glitch with the phone app where as the leave feedback button is missing so I have to fire up my PC to be able to leave feedback.

eBay should suspend accounts for those who consistently don't leave feedback

As you I always leave fair feedback on selling or buying and post out the next day always tracked or signed for

Best wishes to all genuine ebayers 

Message 36 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

@tretron24 wrote:

eBay should suspend accounts for those who consistently don't leave feedback

You're joking right?

Do you understand the meaning of the word Voluntary?

Message 37 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

but how do you know who the real 'baddies' are either?   Feedback can be done for all sorts of reasons and is not always to be trusted.   A buyer leaves a really nasty unpleasant feedback and the seller responds with a very reasoned logical response who do you believe.  I would tend to go with the seller (and of course vice versa).   The only reason i find feedback particularly useful is that it indicates the item has arrived at the buyers home as RM/E Bay seem to have a problem with tracking and delivery details.  Two of my items recently were left feedback promptly on reciept and e bay/tracking showed it was still in the post.

Message 38 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

are you for real??   Why on earth should an account be suspended for anyone not leaving feedback?  Amazon do not suspend accounts for that reason, does anywhere?    Forcing someone to leave feedback could have negative reactions.  Leave it be, if someone feels happy to leave you feedback then that is good better that than someone who is not entirely happy but willing to let it go leaving you negative.

Message 39 of 45
See Most Recent

Feedback

Maybe eBay should make a monthly prize draw and each feedback gives you one chance to win something. For example, a voucher to use on eBay. This would encourage feedback without forcing anyone. It would also encourage more buying and selling on eBay.

Message 40 of 45
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: