Selling
This area is for members to discuss all aspects of selling on eBay.co.uk with other community members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse the Community

Promoted Listings

Board for sellers to discuss Promoted listings and the Promotions Manager Tool.

15 Posts

Activity in Selling

Serial negative feedback giver

We received negative feedback today from a buyer called The feedback was hugely unjustified as we sent a quality item made above the industry norm, they then left a stupid comment comparing our item to a rizla !! i have since checked and this buyer i...

No Fees for selling Clothing?

So Ebay has abolished all fees for selling clothing on a private account. Now more than ever surely the clamping down of businesses operating from private accounts has to increase? I feel so sorry for those in this niche who trade legitimately as bus...

Duplicated listings

I have just discovered 50 duplicated listings on my account. The offending items were all listed on the same day and time as its duplicated counterpart. Now I'm 100% certain that I did not list all these identical items twice at exactly the same time...

Have I gone crazy?

Buyer requested a return, after going back and forth stating i dont accept them and the description was accurate I eventually caved. When i reveiced the return, the camera was dirty but the serial number checked out. upon closer inspection - the cam...

3 Photos Minimalist Instagram Story - 1.jpeg

Collection code not working

Is anybody else having issues with collection codes not working? Invalid code, according to the app. It's definately not an invalid code, I got it from the buyer directly from their phone while they were standing here. I have marked it as dispatched ...

11p added to BIN sales

We have noticed that some of our Buy It Now sales have 11p added to the total sale price, which the buyer pays. We are a charity and this has just started happening in the last couple of weeks randomly. For example, I listed a BIN item yesterday for ...

eBay now allow defamatory comments!

Please be aware everyone that eBay now consider defamatory remarks to be perfectly admissable on their site! I was deliberately called arrogant in order to ruin my hard earned reputation. The very definition of defamation is to make remarks in order ...

Resolved! Is this usual?

I am a little confused as i very rarely get a return. Sold an item and accepted an INAD (i may be about to be scammed but thats another story)So through the case i sent a Parcelforce label for the buyer to return it. The Buyer has been really slow in...

Why can't I list Golly badges, yet golly books records figures etc are allowed.

Just wondering why Ebay do not allow the listing of Golly badges ( From Robertson s jam / Golden Shread ). Yet they allow books, records & figurines of the same name which also clearly show pictures of the said Golly's. I do understand the race hatre...

Returns for a business

I think us sellers need to lobby against ebay rules regarding returns. They shouldn't be automatically approved as by UK law there is certain situations that a business can refuse the return. I have had two issues with this lately, the first was an i...

Estimated delivery dates (yes again)

I know this has been done to death and eBay staff just repeat the 'working as intended' mantra but this simply can't be right. I bought something from a seller I get supplies from more than a week ago and it's still not arrived. I realise delays are ...

Will sellers be covered by Ebay collection codes in the event of a Paypal dispute?

Ebay collection codes now cover you for collection in person sales in the event of an Ebay INR case. However, what would happen if the buyer was to open an INR case through Paypal? Paypal would not recognise the Ebay collection code as the tracked de...

New Royal Mail Tracked 24 / 48 Service at Post Offices counters NOT YET WORKING

Just been to the Post Office and the new Tracked 24/48 at Post Offices as listed in the new 2nd April Price list is not on their systems yet, and looking further into this, I saw a blog in which it was mentioned that negotiations between Royal Mail a...

Getting started

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarised with the eBay Community.

Additional Resources
Most Helpful Authors