talking about eggs - Perfect Breakfast part two....

"Versatile as an egg" goes the saying, and they're right.  On the earlier thread we were all discussing how we liked our eggs, but that only scratched the surface of it, so let's expand on it a little bit.  What else can we do with an egg?

We can: swallow them raw - my late father swallowed two raw eggs every morning for breakfast from the age of sixteen, and he passed away just three weeks short of his ninetieth birthday: again, use them raw as a base for peppermint creams: use them raw as a base for an eggflip with brandy and sugar added:  again using them raw, make up the base of an advocat adding a drop of lemonade to turn it into a snowball.  Make egg mayonnaise or salad cream. Can't think of anything else offhand, so now we'll start cooking it.  We can: softly boil it, hard boil it fry it, scramble it: turn it into an omelet with limitless fillings: soulfe it to turn it into a cream omelet: pickle it: curry it: break it in with yellow rice: make egg foo yong: break it into a tin of spaghetti or baked beans in tomato sauce where it will automatically cook in the sauce - break it in and stir continuously until the spaghetti is thick as porridge - VERY filling.  Make an egg custard with it - ideal for somebody not well.  Then of course are the cakes and pancakes with endless recipes.  Egg are even more versatile, it seems, than milk!

Have I missed out on any?  Over to you: 

Message 1 of 45
See Most Recent
44 REPLIES 44

Scramble , dry, poach, Yorkshire pudding, egg nog , mayonnaise , egg flip,

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 45
See Most Recent

I sometimes when feeling eggstravegent  (sorry) crack one into mash potato makes it lovely and rich ideal for fish pie, oh yes sliced in a fish pie, Kedgeree, eggy bread.............

Message 3 of 45
See Most Recent

Throw them at people who **** you off! lol cracked_carl_egg_ei_kissen_ostern_eier_pluesch.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 45
See Most Recent

Ooh yes Ed I forgot about those , you can also make lovely meringues with the whites, egg& bacon tart, the whites are a great glue substitute , gosh it's making me hungry now! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 45
See Most Recent

Also to crystalise rose petals paint it on and coat with sugar.  Let them go off and drop them on the floor of a shop and watch the people leave.  Please do not do this at home.  Glaze for the top of pies, royal icing for wedding cakes,  blown to make decorations for easter.

Can be used, egg white lightly whipped and put on the face as a face pack, tightens the skin and leaves it smooth, yes I have tried it but please remember to wash it off when it has dried.

Message 6 of 45
See Most Recent

LOVE that!  Yes, Tony B liar.  (Note spelling)  Best kept at room temperature for four months before use.  Put them in a suacepan of cold water to test them.  If they float, they're ready.  Hee, hee, hee.   A university mate deliberately smeared his raincoat with addled eggs and cat's you know what, and then got on to a crowded bus on a hot, stuffy day and sat there reading the paper.  Completely MAD! Smiley LOL  he just loved the reaction it got, because nobody had the gumption to say anything!

Message 7 of 45
See Most Recent

Eggsactly   LOOOOLLL. EGGS BENEDICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. GO to work on an egg!!!!. It would be a bit uncomfortable ha ha ha LOL. Egg and spoon Race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. What about those Chocolate eggs and spoon for Easter!!. An Easter Egg Hunt????. What came first The Chicken or The Egg?. How do you like your eggs in the morning????. I LIKE MINE WITH A KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Mwah mwah mwah. Thats it in an EGGSHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

smily kiss.gif

Message 8 of 45
See Most Recent

All sorts of vaccines are produced inside eggs 🙂

Message 9 of 45
See Most Recent

Cadbury's creme eggs - GUARANTEED salmonella free!  Well done Edwina - you did an eggseedingly good job!

Message 10 of 45
See Most Recent

Re: Go to work on an egg - A bloke takes his egg into a garage:

"It's not working properly.  On a cold and damp morning it keeps spluttering on me."

"Hmmm.... tell you what, try pulling out the choke yolk if it's a damp morning.  See how it goes."

Three days later he returns to the garage.

"How's it going?"

"Brilliant - I did what you said and ....

it's all WHITE now."  Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 45
See Most Recent

Talking about food, I was on one of these high-speed intercity trains once and went into the dining car to order something to eat.  Expensive, but I was hungry.  I ordered a sausage roll and aa cup of coffee.  After about fifteen minutes I got fed up waiting.  I caught a maan with a catering trolley as he passed.

"Excuse me, but have you seen my sausage roll?"

"Oh, yes Sir.  It the newly designed electro magnets set just above the wheels.  Sensors feed an inbuilt computer which tells it when it's approaching a bend, so it leans into a bend, and that, Sir, is why your suasage rolls..."Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 45
See Most Recent

You can get different coloured eggs.....

And different sized eggs.....

Message 13 of 45
See Most Recent

You been at the eggflip Fred?.......smilie head in hands.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 14 of 45
See Most Recent

Yuo could say that was a flippant question!

Message 15 of 45
See Most Recent

smilie groan.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 16 of 45
See Most Recent

I want to like eggs... but they make me feel ill.....

unless of course, they are hidden in cake!

Message 17 of 45
See Most Recent

EGGHEAD LOOOL HA HA .at eggs.jpeg

Message 18 of 45
See Most Recent

EGGBOUND!

**********Sam**********
Message 19 of 45
See Most Recent

I love eggs, any colour shell, doesn't bother me but I do like a Cotswold Legbar egg, they're blue shelled and taste lovely. Duck eggs are nice too they make a wicked scrambled egg.

I've always loved them and I never feel as if I can feed anyone who comes to my home unless I have a basket of eggs in the kitchen!! why I have no idea, but I love to see them on the worktop.

Photobucket

Message 20 of 45
See Most Recent