talking about eggs - Perfect Breakfast part two....

"Versatile as an egg" goes the saying, and they're right.  On the earlier thread we were all discussing how we liked our eggs, but that only scratched the surface of it, so let's expand on it a little bit.  What else can we do with an egg?

We can: swallow them raw - my late father swallowed two raw eggs every morning for breakfast from the age of sixteen, and he passed away just three weeks short of his ninetieth birthday: again, use them raw as a base for peppermint creams: use them raw as a base for an eggflip with brandy and sugar added:  again using them raw, make up the base of an advocat adding a drop of lemonade to turn it into a snowball.  Make egg mayonnaise or salad cream. Can't think of anything else offhand, so now we'll start cooking it.  We can: softly boil it, hard boil it fry it, scramble it: turn it into an omelet with limitless fillings: soulfe it to turn it into a cream omelet: pickle it: curry it: break it in with yellow rice: make egg foo yong: break it into a tin of spaghetti or baked beans in tomato sauce where it will automatically cook in the sauce - break it in and stir continuously until the spaghetti is thick as porridge - VERY filling.  Make an egg custard with it - ideal for somebody not well.  Then of course are the cakes and pancakes with endless recipes.  Egg are even more versatile, it seems, than milk!

Have I missed out on any?  Over to you: 

Message 1 of 45
See Most Recent
44 REPLIES 44

Re: talking about eggs - Perfect Breakfast part two....

Think I'd be more scared of the sausage being warmed up than the egg & that's scary enough, but I agree the M & S looks nice.

**********Sam**********
Message 41 of 45
See Most Recent

with all this talk of eggs I feel really eggbound Smiley Wink

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Message 42 of 45
See Most Recent

Try a little oil. It works for the chickens.lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 43 of 45
See Most Recent

YES its something like that,,im glad some looked at it on M&S and you dont think im going MAD!!!!!!. LOL. It does sound odd and i have never seen Scotch Eggs packaged up in a shop to heat up. There you are go and have a look in M&S ladies. Look in the Gastropub section and get your SCOTCH EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

@twishy123 wrote:

@rose2008-2008 wrote:

I never said undercooked Sausage Meat???. LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,. Ohhh GAWD!!!!> FUNNY.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you okay Rose? I hope all that laughing didn't make you cough too much...if I laugh that much it makes me choke and cough and snot comes down me nose....smilie line mouth.gif

It's a poached egg wrapped in sausage meat......that means the egg must have been lightly cooked then wrapped in raw sausage meat,crumbed and packed ready to cook at home...

or

the egg has been lightly cooked then wrapped in sausage meat,crumbed and partially cooked and then packed for you to finish cooking at home...

or

it's all been partially cooked together and then you finish it off at home....

or

it's been laid by the very rare Scotch Egg bird genetically cloned by M&S...shhhhhhhh

Which ever way you look at it, the scotch egg needs cooking/warming when you get it home...therefore it's not fully cooked so there is the potential for undercooked sausage meat...

snotty,runny scotch egg anyone?....Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 45
See Most Recent

IM all Scotch egged out now after all this!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Dont you know there is a Scotch Egg Bird awwwww i dont know.  Its the same as the Stork except it brings Scotch Eggs!!!!!!.

Woman Wink

Message 45 of 45
See Most Recent