police request

there were 3 members of a family killed in an accident in Norfolk wednesday lunchtime

the police have asked for help locating family

http://www.norfolk.police.uk/newsandevents/newsstories/2014/march/fatalcollisiona47eastwinch.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

police request

How very sad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

That is so sad - not just the loss of an entire family but that no-one knows any more where they live, and the appeal following the details has to be made in public.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

tragic....

Photobucket

Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

So sad!.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

Not as odd as some of you might think.  We - my wife and daughter, go everywhere together and keep ourselves very much to ourselves.  We've lived at our current address for over seven years, and yet we've no idea who our neighbours are.  I don't know their names or vice-versa.  They know absolutely nothing about us bar the odd cursory nod if we happen to see them getting into their car and driving off.  We don't exchange Christmas Cards or anything like that.  God forbid, but if we were involved in a serious car smash, we'd almost certainly all go together, like a when a plane goes down, whole families get written off.  We live reclusive lives..  

None of my so-called relatives give a fig about us, and none have contacted us for several years which is just as well.  If God calls me tomorrow, the very last thing I'd want would be for a dozen-odd strangers to feel obliged to "pay their respects" and then leave, never to be seen again.  Hypocrisy - it's the one word I hate.  Plenty of people live reclusive lives - through choice.

Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

But not totally reclusive? You have had/do have jobs?

you converse on forums?

I find it rather sad that people chose a reclusive style of life because they miss out on all that others have to offer.. and, when one of you dies, that leaves the remainder with total isolation, which could be detrimental in may aspects...

Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

or... maybe its about control....?
Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

How terribly sad, three lives extinguished just in an instant and nobody knows who they are.

No offence Fred here, but I find your situation quite sad that you live without the privilege of

having friends to share good times (and bad) with, and that your daughter doesn't have

the joy of her own family or direction in life (assuming that she's grown up).  As I said, no offence

meant in any way, but you're missing out on a huge amount.

Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

As to this poor family in the crash, I assume the police are putting the plea for information

out in Lancashire as well, if that's where they lived, someone will hopefully realise they

are missing and link it with the sad turn of events.

Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

@5129frederick wrote:

Not as odd as some of you might think.  We - my wife and daughter, go everywhere together and keep ourselves very much to ourselves.

Have you actually asked your daughter if she enjoys the life you have chosen for her?...

Have you asked if she would like friends of her own to share her life with?

Ignore anything under this ^^^^^ line... It's just my signature....
Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

I too find that very sad Frederick. Going by some of the stories you tell it has not always been this way & I can't help but be curious as to why you all became so reclusive. I take great comfort in my friends as being a widow I live alone. I feel sad that your daughter will not have this comfort when you & your wife eventually shuffle off this mortal coil. I know you have your faith but human contact & affection is equally important.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

This story is so so sad. And yes its worse as they dont seem to know anyone or vice versa!!!.

Im really not being offensive and i myself can be somewhat reclusive let me get that out first!. Fred i dont know how old your daughter is?, but she surely needs to converse and mix with people to grow up happy and level headed?. Yes i will admit like patch says i am curious and again i dont want to offend you Fred!. I had problems with my parents that have made me back off from a lot of family but i have friends. please Fred,why is it like this with you?. Im sorry i have to ask.

Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

I would like to add, you are very friendly & seem to have a great sense of humour Fred, wouldn't you like to share that with friends & neighbours, as to your daughter won't she be lonely, wouldn't she like to have fun with & do girlie things with some friends?
None of my business of course! But I also live alone if it wasn't for friends & colleagues I think I'd have gone ga! ga!!. Humans are gregarious by nature.

**********Sam**********
Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

28 March 2014

Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) can confirm that they have traced extended family of the couple and son who sadly died in a road traffic collision on the A47 on Wednesday 26 March 2014.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

Poor, cold, Fred, eh?   😆  Ha, ha, ha.  I've had a very full and exciting life and purely as a result of my father's job - he was tied up in the aircraft industry, have travelled all over the Far East and beyond, was able to rival Wicker's World, but it comes at a price.  Always on the move, by the time we bought a large property in North London we didn't have a great deal of friends as such.  Work colleagues or aquaintances yes, but not actual friends.  We were also very indipendent of one another.  As each one flew the nest, each made their own way in life.  Being the youngest of four with a ten-year age gap between the eldest and myself, I just kind of tagged along with my own crowd, which is why I loved my boarding school, your fellow boarders all being your brother, but as people find their own way in life, one's circle of friends becomes less and less.  Living in a VERY conservative area (Highgate boarders) didn't help!  You kept yourself to yourself.  As the twig is bent, so the tree will grow.     

I offered the hand of friendship when I move to a different area shortly after I got married,  Out of courtesy I popped my head over the garden fence and said:  "Hello, my name is Fred - I'm your new neighbour."

"Yes, I can see that!"  She snapped.  She then got off her recliner and slammed the back door so hard behind her I thought it would break the glass!  They were the only five words we spoke in five years!  Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL After the initial shock, because it was a hell of a shock being spoken to like that,I laughed until I couldn't breathe.  I could understand it if it was Chislehurst , but this was in the heart of the East End!  After that we didn't bother trying.  After my father passed away there was nothing to hold anybody together.  Four years on I cracked up, and that's when I found my Saviour and became a Born-again Christian.  The rest is history.

That is why I enjoy these discussion boards - I can be as personal or impersonal as I like, have friends but still have the sanctity of my own home.  At sixty-five I'm too set in my ways to join social clubs or play bingo, or befriend some dear little old lady in her nineties with nobody to leave her house to - tempting thought, though! Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

That is good to know Towery.

Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

Good on ya Fred! You should have had this lot as neighbours , lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

He would never get away from us,,,i would not let him!!!!!!!.  heart. I can relate to some of what your saying Frederick.

Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

police request

I missed Frederick's post up there.You sound like a nice bloke & I would be happy to have you as a neighbour. I like your sense of humour too.

Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent