Would you pay someone to wash your car at your home or workplace?

Mobile car wash & valeting

Would you pay somebody to come round your house to wash your car once a month?

Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

would you?

Photobucket

Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

Not if they were using my water.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

Yes, but not as often as once a month, I only do about 10 miles in that time!!

And it's kept in the dry in between times.

Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

You seem to be very interested in everything from dog walking to cleaning cars , why? Are you researching if so please be more upfront about it!.

**********Sam**********
Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

My car gets a cleaning about twice a year and one of those times it is done at the garage where I take the car to for its service.

Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

I most certainly would .....I used to have it washed and valeted every month before we moved to this location.

No one provides such a service locally so now I rely on my husband to do it .....needs doing at the moment and he is none too keen!
Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

No...I have to buy food.

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

I pay someone to wash my car at my home...  

My teenage son..

Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

No I most definitely would not!  The sight of somebody else running their hands over my car's bodywork would make me want to punch their lights out!!  When my car needs washing I wash her clean myself - end of story.

Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

Mmmmmm my car is just a car and I am not precious about it .....although it is a very nice car when it is clean......
Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

Mine gets cleaned once a year, whether it needs it or not!

Message 12 of 25
See Most Recent

The only time my car gets a wash is when we're going on holiday or I'm taking my lovely sister-in-law out for a meal, or when it needs an M.o.T.  Other than that I just give the screen a wash when it's been raining where you can't see the screen it's so dirty.

What irritates me is these foreigners who'll start pestering you as you pull into a supermarket to do your shopping offering to was your car while you're inside.  What happens if it's only half done when you come out with freezer food beginning to thaw?  Anyway, what's wrong with just putting it through a car wash for £3.00?

The only time I would have been prepared to pay somebody to wash my car was when I didn't have two ha'pennies to rub together.  I'd just come out of a pawnbroker who'd rejected all my stuff.  I was really fed up, so low on petrol, the gauge wasn't even registering.  A few minutes later a bloke in his mid-fifties approached me and said:  "Excuse me, Sir, but can I wash your car for ten bob?"  Something I'd done as a kid trying to get money to buy sweets with.  I apologised, telling him I'd just come out of a pawnbroker and that I was penniless because he didn't want any of my stuff, and that I couldn't get a job.  He smiled sadly, shook my hand and said: "God bless you, anyway.  Keep looking.  You're a young lad.  Somebody'll want you."  I was deeply humbled.   Had I had a ten bob note I would have told him to wash the car even though it didn't need it.  I wouldn't have given him the money - that would take away what little dignity he had left.  Prior to our meeting, it was the only time I had ever felt sorry for myself.

Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

Not car washing, but dog washing.

We have our dogs trimmed, groomed, shampooed etc every 3 months. My groomer is an award winning groomer and charges us £55 for the two of them for the whole thing. We put our dogs in kennels during the horrible wet, muddy weather and when we picked them up they were minging. For a number of reasons, we weren't up to bathing them ourselves, so we rang a mobile dog washer and she came round and bathed them. She used our electricity (but not water) and then charged us £50. We were astonished! But we didn't check the price beforehand as we just kind of assumed... Smiley Sad That'll teach us.

Never again.

I felt like a change ok?
Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

Fred, we have those car washers in our local Sainsbury's and they're amazing! Our car always looks cleaner than if we put it through a car wash.

They don't pester either, they just ask. You say no, they walk away. Smiley Very Happy I'd use them every time.

I felt like a change ok?
Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

I agree that the lads in the car parks are brilliant and do an excellent job.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

I wouldn't pay. I do it myself as and when it's needed and in the past have put it through one of the local 'Polish' hand wash places @ about £6 for a hand finished wash. Where I've just finished working the boss has a mobile valet guy to clean two of the company cars every month.  He has his own water tank in his van, a good Karcher pressure washer to run off the company's electric and takes about 3 to 4 hours to do both cars. That's fully valeting inside and out, £140 for the two, a big Mercedes and a big BMW. I think he's very good and worth the money. Both cars are on lease and must be taken care of.

It's maybe easy to think that car cleaning is a good earner but bear a few things in mind :- If you damage the vehicle or anything else or cause injury or death, you are liable. Even a small scratch on a car could cost a lot to get fixed properly. So, you need proper public & property insurance cover. You also need to know what cleaning materials to use and how to use them. It's no good using a squirt of wash up liquid in a bucket of water.

---------------------------------------------------------

I don't care who you are, stop walking on the water while I'm fishing. --------------------------------------------------
Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

I usually wash our cars at work so don't often pay someone to do it.  However,

I have paid my son to do it in the holidays when he's bored and wants some

money and I've occasionally paid the people in Sainsburys to do it while I shop.

I've always found them very reasonable - a wash and polish is £5.00 for a

Meriva, so it's a high car where the roof is a bit of a mare to reach, it's always

very clean when they've done it and they ask how long I'm likely to be so they

know how quickly to do it.

I don't entrust my old Astra to anyone to wash as bits might fall off and they'd

feel guilty and it probably wouldn't be their fault!

Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

Definitely not , i get mine cleaned as & when i feel like it & wouldnt want to have to stay home for it to be done at a set time .

Abnyway i like to watch the young men clean mine its very entertaining for a fiver m0168.gif

Hussey! Do you make them strip to the waist? 

Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent