Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

low fat / fat free diet

Late on Sunday evening my husbands relatives phoned to say they were coming for the day on Monday. Because we live in a rural setting I didn't have the option to rush to the shops, so had to make do with what food was in the house - panic stations! A...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Christmas cracker revival time - doh!

We're going off for a week in a caravan in a couple of weeks, so I was checking everything was OK, testing my metal detector etc.My daughter was browsing through the holiday brochure. Her face lit up mischievously."Dad, why was the sand damp""I don't...

Back To School

My Son has gone back today. We had such a nice day out yesterday - wentto antiques fair, then had unhealthy lunch, then onto shop to get him somespray paint. Simple but nice day with him. Now I have to clear up the aftermath of his Easter break - evi...

YEEHAW - I've hit the big hundred!

EBay said no insertion fees up to and including 100 items, so I've made sure I've got my money's worth! Anybody else managed it on a non-commercial setting? I dont reckon on eBay expecting too many people managing it! I'm quite pleased with myself.

Mondays Munchies

Stuffed today after various roasts, cooked breakfast and other filling food, over the weekend, oh and chocolate, don't really feel like much today, possibly a salad and something light for afters.

Resolved! Which Washing Machine?

I need a new washing machine; the last two have been Indesit, which I have been pleased with but there's a Whirlpool on offer at A*rgos; just wondered if any of you have one of those and your opinion, please. Thank you.

How times have changed

"I have heard from several sources the following question: “If it is necessary to cut down staff, surely those married women who have husbands to keep them should be dispensed with first?” and I was so impressed that to my husband’s delight I decided...

I need help with this lovely lady.....

As an expat, I usually just lurk here, as I always enjoy reading your interesting posts & topics, however, today I actually have a question for the board... This old photo is currently being discussed over on the USA eBay Antiques Forum, and I seem t...

Who is having fish for tea, tea thread,

Doing this mega early today as OH is putting posts in the ground for our new fence today, and I have to supervise. I don't want it looking like this. We will be having chicken slow cooked with red wine, with Celeriac mash, green beans and carrots. We...

Midweek breakfast

Good morning everybody Normally I have three rashers of bacon with a fried egg and fried tomatoes, but being Type 2 diabetic I knew it wasn't good for me, so this morning I decided to have something different:I had a poached egg on a slice of toast w...

I Feel Very, Very Sad Right Now

I'll be losing my job at the end of July as the firm I work for is closing down.I love my job and I love working for those people, I can fully understandtheir reasons but nevertheless feel very sad.

FHG Easter Swap!

Sign up here for the Easter Swap. It will be like the hearts one......but for Easter! Ta Da! Handmade if you possibly can but if not bought will be permitted. Chocolate will be a nice addition to your little gift if you would like to add some. Easter...

oh Stan!!!!!!

there I am in M*rris*ns today and I see this lady who is looking at the milk. So I go up to her and say Hi Stan (used your real name)....she looked at me like I was let out for the day....ooops!!! so I said sorry she had a twin and legged it!!

Resolved! Sheep

Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what breed of sheep the one on the left is please? And the other two if you can. Thanks in advance.

Budgie Ailments - Update

Just wanted to tell you lovely people, who showed an interest in Tweet's problem, that the feathers on his chest have grown back now and he looks like a Budgie again! Nice to be able to share this positive news with you.