Summer or Winter, which do you prefer ?

Personally I cant wait for  the winter, snuggleing up on the sofa, hot chocolate, wellie boots, steaming bowls of soup with crusty rolls,

stews and bread and butter pudding,

Maybe I have just had enough of the hot nights, baked garden, watering the plants twice a day, sweaty people getting too close.

Message 1 of 28
See Most Recent
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Summer or Winter, which do you prefer ?

oh aye Ed.....the flippin' flies!angry smiley 2.gif I have no idea how they get in our porch overnight either!!! but I wouldn't swap living here.

Photobucket

Message 21 of 28
See Most Recent

Me neither CB, my hubby thinks its personal that they follow him about.
But I wouldn't swap it either.
They have turned the lights out in our village and the sky this morning was absolutely fabulous I have never seen so many stars you don't get that in town.
Message 22 of 28
See Most Recent

Spring & Autumn for me too - love the changing seasons

I get too hot, & hide from hot sunshine, & I land on my backside in icy cold.. ..

Changing light, foliage & plants, & ambient days do it for me Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 28
See Most Recent

Yup Spring and Autumn here too. Summer is too hot and Winter has ice!!! Don't like ice on the roads or pavements.

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 24 of 28
See Most Recent

I don't like autumn because it means everythings dying back and getting wet and grey, and all the leaves on the ground are so untidy and take days to sweep up!Smiley Indifferent

It's been 27 degrees today and they just said it's going to be 30 degrees tomorrow.  That's a bit warm!Smiley Surprised  It's going to rain on Friday apparently.

Message 25 of 28
See Most Recent

When we have snow here, I can't get the car off the drive.  If I could, I wouldn't be able to get off the estate mainly due to the ice and snow but partly due to where some of the idiots around here park their cars.  It's an accident waiting to happen when the weather conditions are good but when the weather is bad, it's even worse.

Message 26 of 28
See Most Recent

ChickenGranny, I think it is because of the lovely trees we have in the US in the Autumn. We also go picking apples and pumpkins and have hay rides.. And it is harvest time which I do miss. Though the past few years we have been getting some pretty tree colours here too. 🙂

Life is too short so enjoy it while you can!
Message 27 of 28
See Most Recent

Wouldn't say I'm a winter person but definitely prefer cool/cold weather to the heat.

Can't cope with hot weather, don't mean this excessive heat we've had, just the average summer temperatures that most people are comfortable with.

I love watching thunderstorms but don't like having to go out in the rain.

Dull grey and/or foggy days depress me.

I love dry, windy days that blow the cobwebs away.

I love snow, but this country always grinds to a halt after the first flurry.

Why we can't keep our roads and pavements clear and our transport running I really don't know. 

My perfect day -  blue sky, sunshine and a heavy frost.

My perfect night - clear sky, billions of stars,  a glorious moon and more frost. Woman Happy

Message 28 of 28
See Most Recent