Lonely

Hubby is out and son has gone to bed. I am lonely. I also have nobody to go swimming with, I went to two outdoor pools yesterday, it was stonkingly fabulous but I was all on my little tod. Why do children have to grow up?! I've got the pussycats but I don't think they'd appreciate swimming and surfing LOL! Although our ginger one was strutting about in a thunderstorm while the other two hid in the cupboard the other day - he looked like a little wet ginger rag when he came in!
Message 1 of 48
See Most Recent
47 REPLIES 47

Lonely

mouse4702
Conversationalist
Sorry it's like that Fishie! But as you know of old, you're never alone with FHG!
Message 2 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Yes that's true Mouse. I shouldn't complain really as there are folk far worse off.
Message 3 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Aaahhh fishy I can sympathise I am quite often left on my own OH goes out to work of an evening and son thinks he lives in a hotel he is 22 and a grown up or so he tells me. I have the dogs but you can't have a conversation with them. I have a good friend but she has her own family. Thats why I started playing skittles other wise I would never go out of an evening. It is nice to come on here and have a chat with real people. Chin up love you aren't alone.
Message 4 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

I'm sat here feeling sorry for myself because I've still got a bottle of champagne unopened which I bought when I got my job 3 weeks ago. I was thinking, "is there anything sadder than having no-one to share champagne with?" and of course yes, it would be sadder to not have any champagne for a start! Stuff it, I'll open the bottle and have a bottoms-up with my mates on here! Get the party started!
Message 5 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Fishy, we may not be with you physically but we are here in cyber space.  We act daft I know but we are all here when it matters most.

heart

Message 6 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Congratulations on your new job mouse mines a big one and it sounds like fishy could do with one
Message 7 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Actually yes there is, sharing it with someone you don't want to be with. So chin up wait till your Hubby gets back to you it'll be worth the wait ! ((((()))))

**********Sam**********
Message 8 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

**hands round little glasses** Whoops! Careful, don't spill it! **biggest glass for Fishie** Bottoms up, shipmates! "slurp slurp burp"
Message 9 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Saasher, I'm single! Got a part-time male chum to hang out with, but not tonight. How sad is finding out at the grand old age of 53 how to open a champagne bottle? As a result of which I've had to change my skirt through having got it soaked. Hey, who cares? We've all got each other on here, and that's worth more than words can say.
Message 10 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Aww fishie yu are not alone as we can all be lonely at times even if we are surrounded with loved ones IYKWIM

well done on the new job mouse and save the champers till you get to know your work mates a little better and invite them all out for a glass ....................or two

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 11 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Thank you all for the kind wishes! Too late, I've broached the bottle with my arthritis-friendly gripping device and the cork went POP into my tea-towel and the bubbly bubbled over my legs. It's not great a great taste but that's what you get for buying cheap-style! With me and champagne, it's not the taste, it's the symbolism. New job = champagne. First time I've not had a bloke here to open the bottle for me, and actually it feels good, feels independent and sort of reckless!
Message 12 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Anyway, enough of hijacking Fishpieface's post. But THANK YOU ALL for being there and sharing this moment with me! Fishy! Where you gone?
Message 13 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

you go mouse .................... sit back, sip and relish every moutful xxxx

Message 14 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Even better can we all come round & share I could open a bottle of bubbly on my own have done for years, can't change a light bulb though I'm scared of heights! lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 15 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

cheer up fishie i will come to the party and i bring champers and chocs.

index.jpg

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 16 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

You pour me a glass saasher and I'll bring me stepladder and fix yer lights ......lol

Message 17 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Yer on!! LOL. See us ladies can sort it.

**********Sam**********
Message 18 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

i can change a light bulb as long as it has a 4ft cable

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 19 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

LOL.

**********Sam**********
Message 20 of 48
See Most Recent