Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

calling fluffy

Fluffy - saw your thread about the shrub, but since my gardening knowledge could be written on a postage stamp I was unable to help. How are you - did the injury when you tripped at the shop heal up ok? Did you ever manage to get an apology from the ...

Searching for a Shrub Advice Please

Hi - My dad is looking for a shrub or plant to put in the garden for my mam's birthday as a remembrance. Ideally he would like it to be evergreen with beautiful flowers and one that does not grow too tall or too wide. I thought of Camelias but he sai...

FHG Summer Swap!

Starting a new thread for this. So far I have these people signed up:EdCBFishyShonaStroppyStanRose2008RainyMaggie1311RoseTwishyCookieRhubarbDairyChezVonAny more of you want to join in? Handmade if possible. If not there is a £5 limit on something tha...

Ladies Binoculars

Can anyone recommend a pair of ladies Bino's please that don't break the bank, as they might not be used much, LOL Just had a look at A*gos but thr reviews were poor on the cheaper ones. I'm thinking ahead for my Xmas present (bearing in mind OH is a...

Maddening Grrrrrr

SO infuriating!!!!!. Made an order for A***S things over the phone yesterday as their online ordering was having problems and it messed up my order doing it that way!. Then i just went to check the things i ordered for tomorrow and she had made mista...

Crochet

We have sewing machines and knitting machines or varying makes and models. Is there such a thing as a crocheting machine

River Cobbler Fillets

I was tempted to buy a couple of River Cobbler fillets in the supermarket this morning, only £2 for 2 fillets. But, I have never tried Cobbler and wondered if someone could tell me about it and what it tastes like please? I usually stick with Cod or ...

Bread Pudding recipe

Anyone got a really old fashioned bread pudding recipe from yonks ago! Have googled it but they are all new recipes even though some have got my grans old recipe! TUT cos they aint like the old taste. We are looking for one thats made in an oven tin,...

wow

Workmen!

It's disgusting what I have to put up with just to get my patio and garden furniture jet washed!! This is 'Eddie' he doesn't speak much English. I think he's eastern European!

Eddie (700x523).jpg

Picture this.....

Oh went out to the vets with the dog on the way back stopped at mr T's and bought a super duper hurdy gurdy sound bar for our tv. Comes home with a huge box plonks it in the living room and says off you go wife. My job to connect anything electrical....

Mondays mighty meaty morsels

OH is running around this afternoon and evening, getting keys for BIL new house, gone to the bank, taking dog for injection and popping to tescos to pick up an order,So I am just going to do burgers in a bun, so he can have them as he flies in and ou...

Penguin Post

I know im always putting about Animal lovers programmes on here but i dont want anyone to miss anything. 24TH July on BBC1 at 8pm was a beautiful programme from Natural world called Penguin Post. Its about Gentoo Penguins raising their families in th...

sad-baby-penguin-smiley-emoticon.gif

Lonely

Hubby is out and son has gone to bed. I am lonely. I also have nobody to go swimming with, I went to two outdoor pools yesterday, it was stonkingly fabulous but I was all on my little tod. Why do children have to grow up?! I've got the pussycats but ...

Beds Again

I know we have frequented threads about Beds on here but a spot of advice. I have a Big Double Wood Bedstead with a filled in Wooden frame and wooden slats which a mattress goes on. I want to get a Mattress but want to get the right one before i fron...