Lonely

Hubby is out and son has gone to bed. I am lonely. I also have nobody to go swimming with, I went to two outdoor pools yesterday, it was stonkingly fabulous but I was all on my little tod. Why do children have to grow up?! I've got the pussycats but I don't think they'd appreciate swimming and surfing LOL! Although our ginger one was strutting about in a thunderstorm while the other two hid in the cupboard the other day - he looked like a little wet ginger rag when he came in!
Message 1 of 48
See Most Recent
47 REPLIES 47

Lonely

Oh you wimps I can change a light buld and a plug......
Message 21 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

I can change a plug! I thought I could hang pictures but my thumb says different!. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 22 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

@mouse4702 wrote:
Thank you all for the kind wishes! Too late, I've broached the bottle with my arthritis-friendly gripping device and the cork went POP into my tea-towel and the bubbly bubbled over my legs.

Tch.

As I found out about two years ago, after years of doing it all wrong - you just twist the cork out, as if you were unscrewing it.  (I use rubber gloves to get a grip.) If it pops you did it wrong, apparently.

And - the important bit, this - you do it with the bottle in the sink.....

Message 23 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

saasher, if you are forever hitting your thumb when putting a nail in the wall or anywhere, what to do is, have a strip of thin card, push the nail through it at one end and hold the other, tap the nail into the wall and then remove the card. No bashed thumbs.

Message 24 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Well hello everyone, sorry I disappeared, I had two cats trying to get onto my lap! Sounds like quite a party, even if Mouse has champagne on her legs, that'll take some licking off! I was given a bottle of champagne a couple of weeks ago by one of my regular coach passengers, I'm also 53 and have never had a bottle of champagne before! This morning I am less lonely, my son is upstairs playing his guitar, I have a little black cat sitting on my foot (he does that when he thinks I'm going somewhere, he thinks I can't with him there!) and hubby needed me this morning, even if it was only to make him a sandwich LOL!! Thanks you lot, I know you're always here, I feel a bit bad complaining now as some people are far more lonely.
Message 25 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

I can change a lightbulb and a plug - learnt to do it in Guides! You never know when these things might come in useful. I can, in theory, change a car tyre but when they tighten the nuts with those air compressor thingys it's impossible to get them off by hand.
Message 26 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Thanks! That's a very useful tip, when my thumb recovers I'll have another go. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 27 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Glad you are feeling a little better today Fishey, I think we all get like it now and then, I am 54 and have always been able to do these jobs, as OH was often away for work when son was small and some jobs just can't wait, so it was do it yourself or sit in the dark.

Message 28 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

I can & have changed tyres on my truck but before you start thinking I'm a smart A**E when I continue my journey I'm always scared in case it passes me. lol.

**********Sam**********
Message 29 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Whats been going on in here then & whos going to clean up the chocklit wrappers & sticky with champange floor..tuts  bet theres none left .Cat Frustrated

Your never alone on here as ive found out when my hubby is working abroad , just come in & theres  always someone here to natter too Cat LOL

Lonely

Ha ha ha,    she says tempting fate, I have never been in that situation thankfully, fingers crossed touch wood etc etc etc.

Message 31 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

fishie, I have found one of those extending handle wheel braces allows me to loosen wheel nuts even tightened in garage with the gun.

You could get one of those and maybe even a bit of longer pipe that fits snugly over the handle extending it even more to give you more leverage to loosen nuts, when tightening make the handle as short as possible so you do not have as much leverage then if you need to change the wheel ever again extending the handle will usually allow you to do that easily.

Message 32 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

And i missed it all,,,,,,,,,,,Woman Sad,,,,,,,,,,, good luck with your job mouse. Enjoy your singledom!!!,, i do and yes as Saasher said its better than being with someone you dont want to be with.

Hope your better Fishy today and not so lonely??. Its a good job we have each other on here. Its very uplifting!!.Woman Happy

Message 33 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

That's a good idea, getting a long thing for more leverage on tightened wheel nuts. I forgot to say good luck Mouse with your new job, how rude of me.
Message 34 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

Thanks Fishy. I'm glad you are feeling better. Sorry for running amok in your thread!
Message 35 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

I remember the first (and I think only) time I changed a tyre.  It was my first (and only ) brand new car.  I took it onto the back lawn to take some pictures of it but I ran over the corner of an engineering brick and got a puncture.  I couldn't leave it for hubby as I had to do the school run in ten minutes!

I got on fine, no probs, unless you count the fact that I forgot (at first) to put a piece of wood under the jack and was happily pumping the jack handle oblivious to the fact that the car was in the same place and the jack was going underground!!  Woman LOL

Message 36 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

lol. Magic!

**********Sam**********
Message 37 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

I have changed a tyre once but I do not doing it as someone said earlier I worry in case it falls of....

also I am not a snod and do not like champagne but do you not twist the bottle and not the cork.and you are not suppose to let it bubble over..apparently it ruins it.

.................................................................................................................
Running away from your problems is a race you will never win.
Message 38 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

I'm not a snob either if I was I'd let someone else open it for me! lol.
Nowadays everyone drinks bubbly only the rich can buy the real thing, myself I'm not a great drinker & I would rather have a nice bottle of wine when I do fancy a drink& even then I make sure because I rely on driving for a living that I only have a drink if I'm not on call.

**********Sam**********
Message 39 of 48
See Most Recent

Lonely

One use ones sword to open ones Bollinger h'ackshully......smilie umbridge.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can fail at what you don't want.....so you might as well take a chance on what you love.........

Message 40 of 48
See Most Recent