Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Fridays flaming funtastic fodder

Chilli pitta pockets here tonight, I know bit hot for chilli but I just fancied it and it will be with loads of salad, Ice cream for afters, ps yesterdays strawberries were fabulous, sliced very small amount of balsamic vineger, left to marinate for ...

Retinopathy

A neighbour, who is diabetic, has been told she has "Retinopathy." She wants me to look it up on the 'net. Just wondered if anyone has any personal experience of it? Thanks.

oh poor OH

he only went and did his back in yesterday....he has a condition that will get worse as he gets older and every now and then his nerves get trapped in the bottom of his back....first time in 8yrs he's been off sick.....gawd he's a rotten patient, he ...

Thursdays Thundery thenthational tea

Had my shopping delivery this morning so have got lots to choose from, bought a few bbq bits, ribs, chinese chicken thighs and belly pork slices so I might use some of them and put the rest in the freezer. Plenty of salad and homemade potato salad. S...

Nail varnish

Can anyone recommend a good nail varnish for toes one that actually stays on & doesn't come off when you go from flip flops into heels, I've always used Revlon in the past but it doesn't seem to be the same anymore, & I hate to see chipped varnish?

Bloods Again

I am getting a bit concerned as when i have my blood taken say on a Monday, the results are always back by the end of the week if not sooner at times. This time its been two weeks and their still not in my Doctors?. Does anyone know if this has happe...

'Antique' FOOD in your Store Cupboard?

I recently had a clean, tidy and sort out of my Store/Larder Cupboard. I was astonished and shocked at how old some of the food stuffs were! What a sad waste having to dispose of, because I neglected to keep up to date. Hope to do better this time Ha...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Which Butter or Spread do you use?

Do you use a particular Make just because you prefer the flavour, or for health preference reasons? I have: "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" (the LIGHT version) - because I like the flavour, it's easy to spread, and LIGHT hoping to be less fattening....

User avatar by Contributor
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update on Tweet the budgie

Well, he grew his feathers back on his chest, then a few weeks later started to lose them again, and now they are growing back again. BUT.....what is worrying me is that he has almost stopped swearing!!!! His main phrases now are "Stop it" closely fo...

Edinburgh concert...

anyone watching it? I must admit I think it is fab! I don't usually go for stuff like that but I've enjoyed it immensly. (sp?) I have also discovered a group from USA called One Republic...they were great!

One hit wonders

Making that quip about Rolf Harris' Two Little Boys got me wondering about other celebrities who sang a couple of numbers and then feded into the sunset never to be heard of again. Let's start off with Two Little Boys, thenGrandad with Clive Dunn,All...

Tomato Plant

Does anyone know if you have to feed Tomato plants?. My friend gave me a plant and im watering and its perking up and has tiny green Tomatoes on already but she said she was not sure if you had to feed them with plant food? (obviously LOL).

Saturdays sunny tea

We are having, guess what?..........................................Salad. Cold roast chicken and potato salad with the usual salad bits, strawberries (from the garden) and cream for afters

How much petrol am I losing?

During this very hot spell we've been having I put £10.00 of petrol into my car. The day before yesterday I had to drive it somewhere, and I swear it's at least a third gone. I read somewhere that on a hot day, petrol does evaporate, but I'm not sure...