I have lost another one of my adorable dogs, the heartbreak is overwhelming :(((

Hi all

Some of you know about the terrible heartbreak I have encountered over the last 2 years but for the benefit of others I will explain.

In January 2013 I lost my gorgeous collie cross Sally. She had been diagnosed as having congestive heart failure in March 2012 but it was being controlled with medication. In December 2013 she was diagnosed as having lymphodema and it was very aggressive, she could not be given steroids as they would cause her heart to fail totally. When I got up on the morning of January 6th 1 front leg and 1 back leg was swollen terribly with fluid as a result of the cancer and she could not stand up. I had to have her put to sleep that day and my heart felt like it had been ripped out Smiley Sad Although I did not know her true age as she was a rescue, I believe she was around 16/17 so she had a good innings and she was spoilt rotten by me. I miss her and yearn for her snuggles every single day. xxx

In February 2013 I lost my dad, again to that vile disease that is cancer. He had been diagnosed as having several brain tumours in July 2012 which they thought they could treat but in November 2012 we were told it was terminal and that it was throughout his body 😞 Again I miss him every single day, he was my best friend and just the most amazing person. xxx

In December 2013 I lost my gorgeous border collie Jess, she had a massive stroke and I rushed her to the vets of course but she had another stroke on the way there and she had to be put to sleep. Again she had a very good innings as she was 16. I miss her too and yearn for her cuddles every single day xxx

As time went on my remaining dog Molly (an aussie shepherd) got so depressed it was pitiful, she had lost both her pals within 12 months of each other and she was lost. At the end of January this year I rescued a 12 week old GSD Collie cross who had been badly neglected and was literally skin and bone. His name is Shadow and he is a big big bear and him and Molly were inseperable, she adored him and he her so despite my heartache I was happy that Molly was no longer depressed bless her xxx

Almost 6 weeks ago I kicked my partner out as I found out he was cheating on me but he had put me through hell for most of our 4+ years together so despite being crazy about it him once upon a time I was glad to see the back of him if that makes sense but nontheless it was painful initially but I am totally over him now as I was able to learn to despise him after everything he put me through (very long story).

Last Thursday evening my gorgeous Aussie Shepherd Molly took ill before my eyes, drooling, struggling for breath so I of course rushed her to the vets. She walked to the car but had to be helped in and again she needed lifting out when we got to the vets but she walked into the surgery albeit at a snails pace. As it was out of hours we had to wait for around 10 mins for the vet to finish off with someone else and by the time we were called in to the consulting room she could not stand up 😞 When the vet started to examine her she discover that Molly was paralysed in her back legs and when she examined her front she discovered that Molly could not see 😞 The vet said that she believed it was a massive brain tumour and I knew I had no choice but to have her put to sleep. At that point I collapsed, my legs buckled under me, I could not believe what was happening to my big bear, she was only 5 bless her. While the vet went off to prepare the injection and give us the chance to say our goodbyes Molly went into a massive seizure which was just totally horrific, my daughter was with us and I did my best to shield her from what was happening whilst shouting for the vet to come and end her suffering quickly as she was dying in my arms in much the same way as Jess did 😞 The vet could not find a vein so she had to inject straight into her heart.

I still cannot believe that she has gone and I honestly don't know how I am going to get through this, My heart feels like it has been ripped out of my chest, I have never known pain like it.

I love all my animals the same but when they are taken from us young you feel cheated, you expect to have them around for 15 years or so, the physical pain is just crippling me and I just do not know how to deal with this.

:(:(:(

xxx

PhotobucketAt last!! An ignore button!!!

Message 1 of 42
See Most Recent
41 REPLIES 41

I have lost another one of my adorable dogs, the heartbreak is overwhelming :(((

Tutt, hoped image would be embedded 😞

Mollymoo.JPG

Message 2 of 42
See Most Recent

I'm so sorry for all you're troubles, sadness & pain, it's our lot I'm afraid that those we love most either human or a pet, we will eventually lose, & that pain is acute as most of us know only too well!.
Nothing anyone of can say will make that grief any less however take comfort in the fact that you loved them well & it was returned tenfold, yes i know it was a young age in which to lose a pet but in dog terms everything was crammed into that young life with no regrets. I feel for you!. ((()))

**********Sam**********
Message 3 of 42
See Most Recent

I am so sorry to hear you have now lost Molly but your heart has not been ripped out, it is just Molly moving all that you have held dear to you to make a space for her. Now she has joined them in your heart you will never ever truly lose any of them because you now carry them with you wherever you go in your heart and although it will take a lot of time too get over the grief of not having Molly actually there with you, the time will come when you will be able to look back at the wonderful times you had together and realise although she had a short life here on earth it was filled with love and affection from you.

Play well at Rainbow Bridge Molly with your friends and my Suzie until we all meet again.

Message 4 of 42
See Most Recent

Im so sorry that you have lost your beloved dog Molly. You have also had life tough, and youve been tested to your limits!. You have the strength to get through this very bad time and come through to the other side stronger my dear. You might think that will never happen with your grief at the moment ,but it will!!!. You have to believe that!. You have support on here from friends and your not alone!.Woman Sadheart. Your in my thoughts and im sending you a hug. ((())).heart

Message 5 of 42
See Most Recent

((((((((((J.J.))))))))

im sorry your heart is aching JJ.   hope that getting it out  has helped you

RIP Molly

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take a breath, then count to ten, then breatheeeeeeeeeeeee out
Message 6 of 42
See Most Recent

Thank you all, I have never known pain like this not ever, I still cannot believe she has gone tbh, it hurts soooo bad xxx

Message 7 of 42
See Most Recent

That's an awful lot for one person to cope with in such a short period of time, I think it's totally understandable for you to be feeling totally overwhelmed by the pain just now.

After a particularly bad few years I found out my lovely Mollycat, in the prime of her life, had a terminal condition.  She put up a hell of a fight and instead of the anticipated 3 lived another 15 months.  Six months after that, Pixel my other girl died suddenly at the grand old age of 19 and a half.  

Both losses broke my heart, but I can empathise with how you're feeling, Pixel's loss was hard but I knew she'd had a long life, there wasn't the same sense of unfairness that I felt with Moll.

All that was just over 3 years ao, I now have two lovely tabbies who I love dearly, but they haven't replaced Molly & Pix.  I still miss those girls and I still get wet around the eyes when I look at photos, but time has worked it's miracle and I can smile remembering them too.

Time does make these things easier to bear, but it's a long slow process and you are just barely starting out on that path.  Try and keep occupied and be kind to yourself 

soft as velvet but comes with needle sharp claws

Message 8 of 42
See Most Recent

I also sympathise with you're loss and I think to some degree with all that you have suffered in a relatively short space of time are in shock as well, it's never easy I'm afraid I lost my little pal less than a year ago & I still catch myself when I least expect it looking or talking to her, I also have a beautiful painting of a beloved dog I lost over 10yrs ago & I still can't hang it up.but I'd rather have had the pain than not having the joy of the dogs that I've lost, ((((()))))

**********Sam**********
Message 9 of 42
See Most Recent

I am so sorry to hear of all your troubles JJ.  It's been a horrible couple of years for you and I can sympathise greatly with you.  ((((((JJ))))))

Message 10 of 42
See Most Recent

also want to send you hugs JJ

Message 11 of 42
See Most Recent

Its a Heartbreaking feeling losing family or pets which are our family too!!. I only have to look at pictures and can still feel the pain. You need to give yourself time,,, ooohhh dear. Bless youheart

Message 12 of 42
See Most Recent

nothing i say will take your pain away, but i know exactly what you mean when you say you feel cheated.

when you feel ready to look for a playmate for your gsd, have a look at many tears animal rescue. they have over 200 dogs looking for homes.

i don't know where you are in the country but they have fosterers with dogs almost everywhere. i currently have 2 bichons, a finnish spitz / x and a beagle and i'm in torquay.

currently they have young collies and young gsd's and gsd / x's on their site... 

and lots of other breeds - from huskies to pekingeses 🙂

Message 13 of 42
See Most Recent

I'm so sorry to hear of your sadness and pain, I know how you feel as I have lost so so many dogs at varying ages, but the pain will ease over time, I promise. Just remember that by taking these rescue dogs you have given them all the love and care that they may well not have experienced if not for you - how they must have loved you for that. A good owner knows when it is time to let them go, and you have proved yourself to be one of the best. Take your time to grieve, one day you will be qable to remember with a smile as well as a tear. I know it will not be long before I have to face this again with both of mine, I just hope I can do the best for them just as you have done for yours.

Message 14 of 42
See Most Recent

Sending you a big hug and thinking of you. ((((((JJ))))))

Message 15 of 42
See Most Recent

So sorry JJ, I can only echo what all the others have said, that is that time will heal.  It feels so raw right

now but gradually it will become a little easier to bear.  You've been through a tremendous amount in

just a couple of years, it's not surprising that you feel totally overwhelmed by it all.

Your Mollie, as all your much-loved dogs, knew how much you loved them and loved you as much, go easy

on yourself you will remember the fun times you had and smile.

Just above my computer desk is a photo of my gorgeous Paws Cat, who died aged 21, eight years ago.

I still miss him, I loved him to bits, but I can smile at some of the funny things he did now.  I haven't replaced

Paws, I couldn't do that, but I have opened my home and heart to two more gorgeous and much loved

cats from a rescue centre, and one little black one I found on a busy dual carriageway.

One day that empty, alone and such sad feeling might make a teeny space for another needy little creature,

but only you will know if and when such a time has come.

Take care my friend, nice to see you on here but sad that it's in such circumstances.

Hugs,

Fishy x

Message 16 of 42
See Most Recent

So sorry to hear your sad news. It is true it is heartbreaking when you loose a beloved friend. I too have lost several animals over the years my beloved cat being the last one last year I still miss her but have lovely and fond memories of her and the other friends we have lost. When you are ready there are plenty of dogs that would love to come to you and get the love that your other pets have.
Chin up love.
Message 17 of 42
See Most Recent

oh JJ I'm so sorry for your losses, it's so hard when we loose our little friends, but they are waiting for us, to be re-united with us once again.

have comfort in the knowledge you loved her dearly as much as she loved you. You did everything you could for her and she knew it.

I hope things go better for you in the future. We are all here for you to talk to you know that. xxx

Photobucket

Message 18 of 42
See Most Recent

I just wondered if JJ was feeling any better?

Message 19 of 42
See Most Recent

Thankyou mygreyangel, it hurts so bad doesnt it?? Sorry to hear of your losses too 😞 xxx

@mygreyangel wrote:

That's an awful lot for one person to cope with in such a short period of time, I think it's totally understandable for you to be feeling totally overwhelmed by the pain just now.

After a particularly bad few years I found out my lovely Mollycat, in the prime of her life, had a terminal condition.  She put up a hell of a fight and instead of the anticipated 3 lived another 15 months.  Six months after that, Pixel my other girl died suddenly at the grand old age of 19 and a half.  

Both losses broke my heart, but I can empathise with how you're feeling, Pixel's loss was hard but I knew she'd had a long life, there wasn't the same sense of unfairness that I felt with Moll.

All that was just over 3 years ao, I now have two lovely tabbies who I love dearly, but they haven't replaced Molly & Pix.  I still miss those girls and I still get wet around the eyes when I look at photos, but time has worked it's miracle and I can smile remembering them too.

Time does make these things easier to bear, but it's a long slow process and you are just barely starting out on that path.  Try and keep occupied and be kind to yourself 

Message 20 of 42
See Most Recent