Family, Home and Garden
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Little girl with very curly hair

Hi there, my grandaughter has tight (spiral) natural curly hair. She is starting to dislike it and she is only 4 yrs old. Does anyone know any childrens books about a princess/fairy/angel with curly hair? Want her to embrace it, it is beautiful.( Can...

User avatar by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

how old are you

just found this video from my home town....... conkers are now banned in our schools.... do you remember putting them in the airying cupboard/hotpress to dry out. bit before my time 1954 https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=726833380741256&set=vb.270...

Ladies only (obviously) menopause advice

I think I am entering the first stage of the dreaded menopause (boo). I am 47 and for the last 3 months have noticed some changes ie. monthly cycle a bit erratic, waking up clammy with the back of my hair stuck to my head etc I was just wondering if ...

User avatar by Conversationalist
  • 54 replies
  • 0 kudos

bringing back more than we went with

Went visiting OH brother and his wife in their new house today. He wanted to borrow some loppers for an overgrown tree. Oh ended up doing the job. Anyway we ended up coming home with 2 bird boxes, a huge rug ( goodness knows where it will go not our ...

Childhood Fireworks

I've been trying to remember the names of fireworks from when I was a kid, before all these big, noisy things of recent years; I can only remember a few: Roman CandleCatherine WheelSnow Fountain?Then there were rockets, bangers, sparklers of course.C...

Can text messages be used as evidence for money my ex owes to me??

I am owed a substantial amount of money by my vile ex (good riddance) but I was foolish and did not get an agreement signed by him (I did not envisage that we would split up though tbh). I do have however, tons of text messages from him guaranteeing ...

Message from Fluffypenquin

I received a card and message from Fluffypenquin last week. Do you remember she had a fall in a shop about 12 months ago? She broke her wrist and came in here to ask for advice about how to make a complaint. She is not posting anywhere as her broken ...

I have lost another one of my adorable dogs, the heartbreak is overwhelming :(((

Hi all Some of you know about the terrible heartbreak I have encountered over the last 2 years but for the benefit of others I will explain. In January 2013 I lost my gorgeous collie cross Sally. She had been diagnosed as having congestive heart fail...

Picture this....

22 year old son, bedroom like a rubbish tip liberally strewn with dirty washing, pop bottles, beer cans and other assorted rubbish. Now picture this poor old mum emptying vacuum cleaner insides fall out into bin, says mum to 22 year old son who lives...

bras

could anyone who remembers the bras for Africa scheme put me in touch with the lady who used to collect them to send off for the ladies over there? I fankyou xx

Dear Son.

Dear Son, Just a few lines with some home news and to let you know I'm still alive. I'm writing this letter slowly because I know you can't read fast. We are all doing very well. You won't recognise the house when you get home - we have moved. Your d...

Glass Birdies

Hi, Update on Glass Birdies, at last! I have (hopefully you can see them) these glass birdies, all ready to fly to their new homes. My computer has lost the list of who wants what colour, so I will recap as far as I know:- Captain wants a purple one ...

weird can't find fhg

if i log in as my buying id, i can see the community up top when i log in under this id, i can find it at the bottom of the page, was okay this afternoon anyone else having the same problem (using google chrome)

Message from Rose

Rose has asked me to give you all a message!.It's nothing personal but she has a lot on her mind which she needs to concentrate on!.Otherwise apart from a cold she is fine.